[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lower back thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: [oveorbt.png (274KB, 680x461px) Image search: [Google]
[oveorbt.png
274KB, 680x461px
wtf /fit/

i'm the anon who posted previously about lower back pain while running the day after squats

>third time this has happened in a week
>i like to run this little circuit for extra credit a few days a week
>run 3km to this constuction site near my place, do a bunch of pullups, run 3km home
>its comfy, good lil pump
>on the way there, 3 times in a row, lower back pain starts to flare up
>it gets worse and worse until im moving legs only by mental fortitude
>*panic* 'i knew i should have deloaded thoz squots reeee'
>reach construction site, do a bunch of chinups
>run home - my back is now 100% absolutely better and fine, even sprint the last 200m

what the fuck is happening here
anyone care to weigh in?
>>
Squats fucked up your back, dead hang during pull ups made it better because gravity pulls your spinre into correct alignment.
>>
I think you go to low during squats? I had this problem where my lumbar would wink in at the bottom. Look up squat wink and see if you can recognize it. Everyone's not made to squat to the grass.
>>
>>41424310
>makes sense
in that case, today may be the day i quit squats :(

my form is good, i even deloaded to baby weight (2pl8) to make sure my form was on point

is there any alternative other than stop doing squats?
>>
>>41424326
i squat ass to grass religiously :(
that sounds exactly like it anon...
>solution?
i dont wanna be that guy who half-reps... im proud of my squat!
>>
Where exactly does your lower back hurt.
Most likely a muscle issue, there's a bunch of stabilizing muscles that get inflamed from minor asymmetry/form issues.
>>
>>41424340
Then you'll also learn how to be proud of your fucked up spine.
>>
>>41424496
this is true anon
>goodbye squat gains
it was nice knowing you
you gave me big test and adrenaline boosts,
but now im rolling with your astranged cousin, deadlifts. i didnt want it to end like this.
>sorry
>>41424474
low just above the left butt cheek
(non-dominant side)

>side note:
are deadlifts and leg curls gonna be sufficient?
i also swim, run and cycle
>also, i started deadlifting exclusively with the hex bar because im afraid of lower back problems
>am 27
>am joining the military in 6 months
lower back is gonna be my bread and butter so... im not fucking with that shit.
>>
File: ChfYb8aW0AE2uMl.jpg_large.jpg (198KB, 934x918px) Image search: [Google]
ChfYb8aW0AE2uMl.jpg_large.jpg
198KB, 934x918px
Pic Related.
>>
>>41424587
Kek deadlifts are even worse. Get your prostate checked before doing anything rash. An inflamed prostate for whatever reason, is a common source of lower back pain. Don't neglect to stretch in the meantime.
>>
File: etbrtnb.jpg (11KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
etbrtnb.jpg
11KB, 299x168px
>>41424589
dont fuck with me anon, r-really?

i have a physio appointment tomorrow so... we'll see (fingers fucking crossed.... :'( )

>>41424634
with the hex bar, i feel literally zero lower back pain or tension - just feel the muscles working as they should. (pic related)
>>
>>41424587
Probably a muscle strain caused by uneven loading so a muscle works overtime. Might not be related to squats. Either find a sports doctor or figure out yourself which exactly muscle is the issue, and why is it hurting. Probably nothing serious but shows you have a strength imbalance.

If you're joining the military I'd drop all lower body work for two months before you join to give the muscle time to recover and heal.
>>
>>41424709
>point taken, this is good advice
not really a huge problem, since my daily runs and swimming/treading water blast my legs pretty well anyways

i need to move away from lifting and towards cardio in the coming months anyway... cheers
>>
File: bridge.png (437KB, 977x550px) Image search: [Google]
bridge.png
437KB, 977x550px
>>41424254
All you need for your posterior are bridges. Pic related is back bridge, there are also neck and glute bridges.
>>
>>41424752
i do prone bridges vanilla-flavour already, but this looks good - thanks anon
>>
>>41424589
kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6pR_qPCwDM
>>
>>41424831

I was worried about ole Billy Red Tits, his sciatica was boarding chronic pain. Thankfully he got proper treatment and it went away.
>>
>>41424254
Your form sucks, most likely buttwink? Try to stretch your glutes and hamstrings as well
>>
>>41424254
How do you sleep? Do you sit a lot during the day? Does the chair have lower back support?

Make sure you sleep on your back, if you are have lower back pain. Doing that will allow your body to heal faster. If you have a desk job, make sure you have a nice chair.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.