[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/PT/ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Find-Your-Trainer.jpg (91KB, 700x435px) Image search: [Google]
Find-Your-Trainer.jpg
91KB, 700x435px
Thinking of becoming a PT as nothing else interests me as much as lifting/fitness, . I've been looking at different careers and keep coming back to this. I worked in an office for some time after finishing school and it made me depressed being on my ass all day, office culture, etc. All I could think about was when I'd next get to lift.

Only thing is I have bad anxiety (kill me) and am really introverted. I'm also a young, tiny grill who hates social media so how would I even get clients?

Tips from current PTs? What's the pay like and is it worth it? What board should I go through (britbong here).

Any tips welcome, pls halp
>>
>>41423061
Op here again.

Or anything related to sport that I could do, I don't have a degree though.
>>
>>41423061
Personal Trainer or Physical therapist?
>>
>>41423495
Personal Trainer.
>>
>>41423061
Why not become a PT at a gym instead of going the freelance route?
>>
>>41424299
Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. apparently the pay isn't that good though. I don't mind not making a killing, but I'd like to have my own place and a car at least.
>>
>>41424344
I guess it depends on the gym? Like if it's gold's vs no name. Might be more lucrative if you became a strength and conditioning coach. But that requires more extensive training than becoming a PT. Probably have to get an actual degrree for that. Just shooting from the hip here.
>>
>>41424444
>strength and conditioning coach
That's a good idea too. Googling it i think it just requires a course too (non degree) but there are so many I'm not sure which one to go for.

As for the personal trainer courses, anyone in the U.K. know which site is best to go through? I'm assuming NASM is the cert I should get but their site mentions REPS for the U.K. and there are countless level 3 courses, I don't know where to start.
>>
bampo
>>
>>41423061
If you are gonna become a trainer for a gym be ready to be a fucking salesman.

Don't teach them how to train on their own, or else they will stop take lessons.

Always asks them to buy shit from the gym

They are gonna force you to only "learn" them machines so they don't learn anything at all

Name drop some muscle names so your customers will think you are smatt

Convince them you need to be aside and say "gogo you can do it" and other gay shit for them to keep paying for lessons.

Yes this is what you need to do as a PT for a brand gym. I feel sorry for them.
>>
Exercise scientist/personal trainer here

Pay kinda shit but there's not much required for personal training at a gym, freelance, etc. People only care about NASM, ACE, and other shit certificates even if you have a degree.

Pay is $42-50k per year more if you're good and independent

Side note. The more attractive you are and better you are at talking the more money you get.
>>
>>41426011
>Pay is $42-50k per year more if you're good and independent
>Side note. The more attractive you are and better you are at talking the more money you get

thats very good pay for a personal trainer, where are you located?
>>
>>41425967
This is why reading SS is a necessity regardless of the memes
>>
Wanted to be a PT for a long time, got a job at a 24/7 gym.

Hours sucks, not full time yet. Clients are unmotivated fat normies, some workouts I'm bored out of my mind because I can tell they don't really give a shit. Have to add meme exercises to my workouts to confuse and excite them (most ab exercises are a waste of time if you're lifting heavy and doing cable ab exercises). Its better than manual labor, at least. Pretty relaxed work environment as well.
>>
>>41425967
I thought so. After all, the less results, the more your client has to come back to train and chase those "results", right? Damn it. I really wanted to actually be a good PT and help people make it.

>and say "gogo you can do it" and other gay shit for them to keep paying for lessons.
Egh this stuff has always made me cringe

The female PTs I see coach clients with terrible form, or have them use stupid machines, or are intimidating old women. I feel like as a young, slim grill I could offer something different since I'd either seem non-threatening, or be able to empathise with the shy ones.

>The more attractive you are and better you are at talking the more money you get.
I am shit at talking lel but I'd say I'm pretty attractive (no brag).

I was actually thinking of doing some PTing in a regular gym (no freelance), and then apply to cruises to PT there. Would get rich clients and see the world at the same time. Viable idea?
>>
>>41423061
Go into physical therapy.
>>
>>41426395
I could, but I prefer personal training. It takes less money and time to become one too.
>>
Is it best to do a PT course online or sign up to classes?
>>
>>41427685
Bump
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.