[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing muscle mass, getting flabby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1319359755732.jpg (193KB, 391x561px) Image search: [Google]
1319359755732.jpg
193KB, 391x561px
>get laid off
>move back home about a year ago
>spend most of the time in front of my computer as usual looking for work and making pieces
>hit the gym about two times a week for about an hour. (used to be four when I was working)
>folks keep telling me I have been gaining weight but I ignore them
>see my self in the gym mirror today
>not liking what I am seeing

I am not sure what's causing this.

Here is my usual gym regiment
>50 reps on the pec fly machine (190 pounds)
>100 reps on the chest press (210 lbs)
>about 50 reps on the lat (220 lbs)
>about 30-40 on the seated row (225 lbs)

I had been doing this for years, but lately it doesn't seem as effective as of late.

Diet wise I don't drink any juices or sodas, I mostly stick to waters
but, I indulge in cakes, and cookies sometimes. But other than that I mostly eat home cooked meals.

I don't do the treadmill because I have flat feet, nor do
the ellipticals because I actually lost muscle mass once when I added those to my regiment for a few months a few years back.

Honestly what is my problem? I need help, but I am just note sure who to ask.
>>
>>41421366
Age baby
>>
>>41421366

Good lord, that routine
>for years

You went to the gym for years without ever learning how to construct a decent routine?
This thread is tragic
>>
>>41421366

I'm amazed that people pay to go to the gym to use machines.
>>
>>41421389
well what do you suggest then?
>>41421390
It was free at the last job,
>>
>>41421418

Where do I even start Have you considered a routine like starting strength? It should give you some idea how to formulate a routine once you outgrow it.

Also how many calories a day are you eating?
>>
>>41421465
not that much probably I don't keep count but I will give you my usual

>Breakfast
Muffin and Banana usually. If it's the weekend though I will mix it up with a waffle and scrambled egg.

>Lunch
I don't really do lunch often and if I do it's usually a turkey sandwich with cheese, turkey baccon, and tomatoes

>snacks
I usually eat yogurt or cookies sometimes through out the day, maybe once or twice

>Dinner
Baked chicken, white rice with mushroom gravy, and broccoli. Sometime homemade mac and cheese instead of the rice or just a plate of ziti.

>midnight snack
If I am working really late I sometimes have a small bowl of cornflakes with crazins in them.

>>41421465

Would starting strength be? I can lift max weight on most of the machines without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>41421553

Work out your TDEE. There are calculators all over the internet for this.
Find out what calories you need and look at your diet and see if you are going over that number. With time and consistency you should lose weight by eating a reasonable number of calories.

Anyone can lift max weights on the machines. machines are shit. They are for people old people and retards.
>>
File: 1486854767377.jpg (34KB, 746x691px) Image search: [Google]
1486854767377.jpg
34KB, 746x691px
>>41421553
believe it or not, there's a lot of shitty calories in there. No wonder why you are getting fat.

Incorporate some cardio, it doesn't have to be specifically running. Go hiking, biking, swimming. Do some HITT or sprints a couple of times a week.
Come on senpai, unless you're going full powerlifter, you'll just end up being that fat fuck that lifts.

t.former fat fuck who goes through the same shit every summer or winter break
>>
>>41421573
alright, that I will.
Perhaps I will stop machines, what do you suggest instead? I use to walk at least 3 miles a day when i was at my other job (I don't run because I have flat feet)
>>
>>41421618

No need to stop machines, but they should not be the bulk of your workout. Machines are for assistance work and usually only target a few muscles as opposed to compound lifts. Look up a nice 5x5 strength routine. There's tonnes on the net and when you develop a decent frame you can move onto some more aesthetic based routines.
>>
>>41421657
Only 5 sets of five each?
Are you sure that's enough?
>>
>>41421724

You can do 8 you can do 10, the idea is to increase the weight with each session until progress is extremely difficult.
>>
>>41421735
>>41421735
alright, thanks i will try this tormmorow at the gym and see how it goes. Did the calorie calculator,
it says I should be eating 2815 for maintenance
2252 for weight loss and 2000 for extreme weight loss,.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.