[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In here we discuss waterfasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ladda ned.jpg (10KB, 313x161px)
ladda ned.jpg
10KB, 313x161px
I feel like I want to try if for a couple of reasons.

Firstly I'm getting fat. Hard truth but can't wish my extra love away.

Second. I really want to see if i can actually pull through. a test of willpower

Third reason. My body is probably full of literally shit. I drink a lot twice a week and eat junk-food for most of my meals.

Anyhooters, Is the shit ever real? what's the deal, saw a video about some faggot looking dude pull through and looked amazing.

He went in detail about pro's and con's and his personal experience. but desu I can't be sure he actually did it.

I suck at typing. Thoughts and experiences? 86.47% of the people on here know more about our bodies than me.
>>
shameless bump
>>
do you morons even know anything about this?
>>
>>41412113

yeah longest i've gone is 96 hours what the fuck do you want you beta cuck?
>>
>>41411923
A 'waterfast'(whatever that is, I hope it's not what I think it is) is not going to help you attain a good body. Diet, count your calories and train hard and smart.

And then, if you have that nailed down and can do it consistently, try your social-guru methods.
>>
>>41412131
according to the people who've done it and documented it, it get considerable easier after 96h.
>>
>>41412136
>Waterfast for 3w.
>3 weeks to find a healty affodable diet
>new me?
>>
>>41411923
>I drink a lot twice a week and eat junk-food for most of my meals.

stop doing that. Jesus. You will lose weight on a water fast but you can lose weight in ways that help you build muscle and won't crush your endorine system.
>>
>>41412140

the first 24 is the worst, and it gets appreciably easier every day from then on.

later days you are aware that you are 'hungry' but you're not overwhelmed with it.

it's a periodic hunger signal -- not even a pain -- that will occur maybe once or twice a day.

trust me when I say the hunger pain the first night is worse than the the hunger of every other day combined.
>>
Not saying it doesn't work but it is retarded for "losing weight" in the sense that you want to decrease and retain your bodyweight afterwards. Neither body or mind will adapt to proper eating habits since you basically develop none and the after-fast binge might be even worse and you could easily relapse and start getting fat again. After being fasted for an extensive period of time your metabolism will have changed and as soon as you start eating again your body literally stores 10 times the amount it would normally. Happens with bodybuilders after a show for example. Some dudes underestimate it and suddenly get 40 pounds heavier and all bloated. Can't explain it perfectly but the rebound effect is definitely there.
Fasting is a mechanism meant for surviving harsh periods in the wild for when food might be scarce, but definitely not for losing weight and developing healthy eating patterns.
Learning how to diet is the best way to attain a healthy body compared to anything.
>>
>>41412380

Look, this is a topic that's repeated ad nauseam on this website lately.

Go do the research, go read the scientific articles, go follow up with the doctors who push this diet.

I don't do vegan and I never will, but yeah, I've read the studies on veganism. I've watched the keynotes & lectures. I know what veganism is, I know what it's pros/cons are, I can speak to it.

So what I'm saying to you is go fill in your perspective, because honestly right now what you're spouting is 98% broscience.

It's not your fault, this is the shit your mom tells you, its what the 19 year old 'experts' on /fit/ are repeating from the PE class that still uses the fuckin food pyramid as the golden ratio of macros.

Go get advised.
>>
File: wire_1493030096573.jpg (38KB, 750x630px) Image search: [Google]
wire_1493030096573.jpg
38KB, 750x630px
>>41411923
I did it for 5 days. It's literally a liver reset. I strongly suggest doing it.

First of all : Everybody should COMPLETELY CUT Sugar regardless. It's really hard to accomplish since everything is laced with that drug.
You shouldn't abruptly start fasting the day after stuffing yourself with McDonald's.
It's easier if you enter KETO MODE first. So only dairy, leafy vegetables, nuts and berries, etc pic related.

That way the body will be prepared for the switch. When waterfasting, it will burn all of its liverfat and then use the bodyfat.

The brain will enter hunter mode and you will feel sharper. Your body will get rid of its water and you will feel lighter. The metabolism will accelerate. It's important to keep exercising in order to tell your body that you need muscles right now otherwise it will eat them.
If you have headaches, take a little bit of salt to replenish electrolytes.

I don't recommend doing more than 5 days as you will become sluggish and inefficient. 3 days waterfasting is a good chunk of time to feel the effects and should be done at least once a month to regulate your hormone levels and live longer.
>>
Its pure retardation
Eat well, sleep well and lift the main lifts 3 times a week, you will be WAY MORE stronger than that faggot and you WILL also look better than him after a cut
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 368x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 368x350px
>>41412408
>>
>>41412408
>>COMPLETELY CUT SUGAR
>>EAT LOTS OF BERRIES
>>
>>41412136
>count your calories
t. Fat cicolet
>>
>>41412380
You're a moron. Fasting definitely lowers your hunger and insulin. Also whats wrong with losing fat by fasting? It is effective and you will not lose muscle if you know what you're doing

Why dont you people google first before spouting nonsenses?
>>
>>41413195
Maybe he meant simple sugars. Also berries have low glycemic index so it doesnt raise insulin that much which is the point of fasting, I wouldnt it though
>>
>>41412408
Is this image even true? I see things like that a lot
>>
>>41412136
>Diet, count your calories

scoff
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.