[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what exactly is the purpose of pre-workout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: andrew.jpg (197KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
andrew.jpg
197KB, 1600x1065px
do you use it? get any benefit from using it?
>>
caffeine, lots of it. when you lift first thing in the morning off no food like me, its mandatory. you'll go ham on your lifts.

its got a few other uses I guess, its pretty much a timebomb so if you're tired/lazy/think you might skip just mix up a double scoop and chug it. your skin will start burning if you sit at home too long.

makes a noticable difference in energy and mood to me. ymmv
>>
>>41410389
Basically this. 200 mg caffeine is all you need
>>
>>41410373
Beta-Alanine will help with strength. Caffeine helps with endurance by tricking your brain into thinking your muscles aren't as tired.
>>
>>41410373

>month of pwo with 400mg of caff
>now i am off it for 2 weeks
no noticeable difference for me, looks more like meme for me or i have strong caff resistance
>>
>>41410373
to provide a fake motivation for someone who lifts for girls and not because they really want to lift

if just the thought of going to the gym doesn't pump you up, then stop wasting your time and the time of others by being in the gym. Give up now.
>>
>>41410397
If youre dyel twink
>>
>>41410373
I primarily use products with DMAA or DMHA.
DMAA is outright banned in competitive lifting, and definitely provides benefits. DMHA works at about 90% of DMAA strength, so it's just about as good.

Aside from that, I just kind of get a kick out of trying different brands. I don't spend a lot of money on things I don't need, but considering how long they last, and that they're typically about as expensive as an energy drink and usually a fair bit more potent, they're like a side hobby.
>>
First couple of times I took it I felt like I'm on some weird speed or some such.
Sickening pumps too.
All in all a useless waste of money.
>>
Deos it increase gains?
You know I'm all about dem gainz boy but I aint taking no juice, so would it give me more gains quicker? No right, gains are limited unless you use juice right?
>>
As soon as I walked into my new gym (small town, only male employee) wearing the employee name tag all the old guys came running up to me asking what pre-workout I recommend, telling me what they take, sometimes they feel it sometimes they don't, is it a scam? Is it worth it?

I told them if you feel a supplement gives you a better or more fulfilling workout and you're comfortable with the price of it, then it's worth it.

I coffee IMF until 14:00 every day anyways and work out at 9 and/or 12 depending on my schedule.

Caffeine clear patricians choice
>>
File: 1448750282806.jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448750282806.jpg
141KB, 800x600px
How do I into pre workouts? Pls post guides/recipes/etc.
>>
>>41412640
Look for pre-workout with at least 20g of beta-alanine, 7g of creatine, and +320mg of caffeine per scoop. Every other ingredient is irrelevant.
>>
>>41410373
If you need it, it's alright, though you might aswell just take some caffeine pills, BCAAs and creatine pre-workout.

I use one since it helps push against depression, though I tend to overtrain a bit while on it (lifting for an hour with a lot of accessories, then half an hour of HIIT cardio) and usually can't sleep well on days that I used it.
>>
>>41410517
I figure if you're not a tired person from consistent bad sleep/diet then caffeine can be an occasional benefit more than not.

Normies never stood a chance though.
>>41410555
chill out bre
>>
I've never tried one. Is there a benefit that makes it better than a cup of coffee? I'm already worried that my heart rate is too high, especially when doing cardio, so taking some super stimulant right before a workout always seemed like a bad idea.
>>
>>41410555
>I never wake up feeling tired or get home from work feeling kind of spent
>>
>>41410373
used to, used it once since getting back in the gym.
yes, when you're cutting and on only a few hours of sleep it can be difficult to force yourself to lift. i'm trying to ditch my caffeine dependency tho, so i'm avoiding it. also replacing mountain dew with zero cal zero caffeine fresca until i can ditch the carbonated jew entirely
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.