[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Front Squat, Back Squat OR Both? Why,why not. Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Front Squat, Back Squat OR Both?

Why,why not. Discuss.
>>
I do back squats 2x a week and front 1x a week.

Why... Normal squats target main muscles and front are more specific.

End of thread
>>
I do all variations.
>>
>>41409334
Why wouldn't you do both? Does anyone only want to work the the front of their body?
>>
>>41409334
Depends on your goals: I want a strong squat and to do heavy cleans / snatches so I do both.
>>
>>41409370
>Does anyone only want to work the the front of their body?
I dont thing you fully understand these lifts
>>
I'm on the texas method, my squats are like so:

Monday: low bar 5x5
wednesday: light lw bar 2x5
friday: heavy low bar 1x5, heavy high bar 2x3

never saw the point in front squats outide of oly. what a front squat can do, a properly executed back squat can do better, besides the extra thoracic work front squats give, which could easily be replaced by RDLs or something, just my 2 cents
>>
>>41409334
Front squat really helps with your squat depth and bottom position stability. I usually squat twice a week, one day is front the other day is back.
>>
I only do front squats ( PR = 120kg for 3 reps) because of bulged discs.

Im scared that back squat may hurt my spine again if I go heavy. I also avoid deadlifts.

I do one leg deadlifts and bulgarian squats with light weights for hamstrings.
>>
>>41409411
>squat with front
>trains front
>squat with back
>trains back
???
>>
>>41409334
Both.
High bar one day, front squat another day. Or squat 3x a week, with one of those days dedicated to front squats.

Front squats help to strengthen the quads, so I think they're an important accessory to the back squat. Plus if you do Oly lifting, front squats are vital.
>>
>>41409334
>Front Squat, Back Squat OR Both?
it's either back squat or both. the front squat is not a proper alternative to the back squat, and the only people who need to front squat are oly lifters. if you really need huge quads then I guess you can front squat as well, but most people find their quads are more than big enough from back squatting.
>>
>>41409334
highbar or lowbar?

i switched to highbar because my frame is so weird that my lowbar is almost a literal goodmorning and my highbar looks like a lowbar

has nothing to do with flexibility since i can do a full pike and have no problem with third world squats.
>>
>>41409334
Am lanky as fuck, femurs longer than long mints dick.
Get knee pain after back squatting 10/10 times (had a patella fracture couple a years back and a torn meniscus).
So I do front squats exclusively and I don't feel robbed. Thighs still huge. Still a pain in the ass finding pants that fit.
>>
>>41409334
>Frontsquat?
Only if you also deadlift. Good for athletic and preventing injuries.
>Backsquat?
If you want to lift the most amount of weight.
>Both
Only if you low bar squat and need to work on core, quads and mobility
>Why not both?
It's harder to get strong in two exercises than just one
>Discuss
No
>>
I switched to front squats as well. Works my core more, leg activation is the same albeit with lower weight. It doesnt stress my lower back as much. Since im not powerlifting or competing, it does not matter to me. Im training my muscles, not the movement and in that its helpful to me.
I'll try to squat high bar once Im fully recovered, but I dont see myself employing low bar back squats as my main exercise anytime soon.
>>
>>41410563
http://muscleandbrawn.com/tom-platz-interview/

>Olympic-squatting technique is more of a straight up-and-down movement in which the stress is directly on the quadriceps. If you think about it, in bodybuilding you try to make the exercise as hard as you can make it. It’s: How hard can you make the exercise and how productive can you make the muscle response in reference to that?
>In powerlifting the objective is: How easy can you make the exercise so that you can lift the most weight? Powerlifting is not an easy sport, not by any means, but the point of it is: How do you get the most weight up and establish the best possible leverage, whereas in bodybuilding the objective is to make the exercise hard. I liked Olympic lifting for that strict protocol involved. And every Olympic lifter knew that I had great leg development.
>>
>>41410563
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT3pwocyU68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPo5gpVrA9E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZB0-uKaR78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxRLzKGxwo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.