[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadlift only workout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: No homo.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
No homo.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
So /fit/ today I was at the gym and saw this guy with fukn juicy as fuark traps, back and glutes (couldnt see hams because of the joggers). I wondered what his routine looked like.

Guy then proceeded to do a godamn 2 hour deadlift workout. Like 4 sets of 6-8 reps touch and go daddylifts with 4plate with controlled eccentrics, plates lightly caressing the floor on each rep. Then +3 sets of touch and go deadlifts with 3.5 plate for 8-10 reps. Then like 3 sets of snatch grip romanian deads for +10 reps with 3 plate.

I was mirin the fuck out of his body the whole time (no homo). When he was done I casually asked him why he did so much deadlifting, he said it was all he did for traps glutes and hams twice a week.

So /fit/ Is this the ultimate posterior chain workout? It seems so simple and straightforward. I'm thinking about doing this too, I want that thick juicy posterior chain you just want to grab and squeeZ (no homo).

>Tldr Should I just deadlift for traps, glutes and hams?
>>
>>41409024
Yes, but clearly this guy is really fucking advanced, anyone who can complete that workout (especially the snatch grip 3plate 10+ reps after all the rest.. jesus) has been working up to it for awhile

Also do pullups to balance the ways your back develops. Pull from above and below, is the idea
>>
>>41409024
Well, it's true that if you could only do one workout for the rest of you life, it should be the deadlift.
>>
>>41409063

I mean I wouldn't do the workout with that weight. But for example, I always did stop and go deadlifts, pretty much dropping ( not literally dropping but not lowering slowly either) the weight.

I'm thinking lowering deadlifts slowly will be much better because I'll be taking advantage of the eccentric part.

Also dat volume. Ive never done so much volume on deadlifts either, and only trained deadlifts once a week.

Forgot to mention, no belt either. I don't currently use a belt, but was thinking of using one once I started handling more weight.
>>
>>41409024
Deadlifts kick ass my leg worksouts are usually a few sets of leg extensions/ curls to warm up then either squat OR deadlift for about an hour straight. Don't listen to fags saying DL works your back or traps. It's very negligible. It's mostly a lower body workout, and forearms two if you do double overhand. Oh and for anyone who disagrees, I can deadlift 405 for 10 at 6'2 190 double over hand
>>
>>41409251

Op is talking about a deadlift only workout, also

>deadlifts
>don't work traps

Pick two if you're a fucking retard.
>>
Snatch grip are pretty awesome. They helped me a ton on my way to 5pl8. They help with breaking the weight off the floor when you get stuck there.
>>
>>41409312
It's negligible like I said. Bench works your biceps albeit very minutely. No one ever said do bench for big biceps, and if you want big traps you've gotta shrug and do upright rows
>>
>>41409431
are you sure your height isn't 6'retarded?
>>
>>41409024
While didlie is a great exercise, it comes with higher risk than other compounds, and it's very taxing on the body, making it hard to recover from.
Pulling heavy once a week is great, maybe you can get away with twice, but anything more is an overkill, don't snap your shit anon.
If you are to deadlift 3 times a week, make sure you're doing a full body routine, and make sure you're not going heavy as fuck all the time.
>>
>I wondered what his routine looked like.
My sides
>>
>>41409922
Is this true? Why wouldnt it be the same for squat?
>>
>>41409251
>>41409431

Blaha pls go
>>
>>41409024
deadlifts are fantastic mass builders, most people on /fit/ don't realize this because they fell for the SS dogma of more than one set per week being fatal
>>
File: 1494413399374.jpg (15KB, 800x331px) Image search: [Google]
1494413399374.jpg
15KB, 800x331px
>>41409024
About to try this

Will let you know how it goes
>>
>>41411879
I fell for the 1x5 once a week deadlift meme. Didn't now why my traps back erectors and glutes didn't grow.

Until I saw how that fucking beast of a man jess knorr trains

>so today I did 645x2x8, 570x3x10 520x2x12 and 485x2x12 deficit.

Holy fuck
>>
how much quad activation is involved in deadlifts? I fucking hate squats and love pulling but i want some decent looking thighs
>>
You can do it, I guess. Maybe use power cleans as warm up sets.
>>
>>41412943
A little at the bottom. It increases a bit when you pull from a deficit, especially if you use a hex bar. You dont have to squat but you nees to train your quads (leg press, hack squat machine) in order to build them up
>>
File: Squat-Hinge-1-1024x331.png (16KB, 1024x331px) Image search: [Google]
Squat-Hinge-1-1024x331.png
16KB, 1024x331px
>>41412943
>>41413092
>>
look into the russian bear routine and power to the people, both by pavel tsatouline. 4 days a week of deads and OHP, that's it.
>>
>>41413545
Doing each 2x a week? That sounds good enough. Care to give out more details on the program?
>>
>>41409847
kek
>>
>>41409144
I think you mean exercise m8.
>>
>>41414001
it took 3 seconds to google, anon
>>
>tfw wide hips but flat ass
feels bad being an asslet, but i can't seem to activate glutes while squatting or even deadlifting
>>
>>41416455
Squats aren't all that easy to use glutes. Try box squats. Similar for deadlift, I find it much easier to feel my glutes on sumo stance rather then regular.
>>
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>41416455
Try atg you dyel
>>
>>41409024
sounds like the cube kingpin
>>
>>41409024
The fact that diddlys make your ass bigger is a shame. I dont want a femenine ass. But it works your grip, hams and low back Wonderfully so Im not stopping doing them
>>
>>41409251
Post vid fag.
>>
>>41413231
thanks anon
i think i'll replace squats with sumo DLs
>>
>>41411879
I diddly 3 times a week. I dont even squat anymore.
>>
>>41409227

Look up Steve Justa

I once did something based around his ideas. I probably did about 200-300 work reps of DL-type movements per week. The actual percentage was low (70-80%), but over time the volume got me to where I can still pull 90% of my 1rm for singles after any workout on any day of the week.

Did this for about 9 months. Then I turned around and did something similar for squats. 18 months of watching my bench go up on only 30 minutes a week is unreal
>>
>>41413545
>russian bear routine
anyone here tried it? looks like the volume is pretty shit tbqh senpai
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.