[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caffeine addiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0731.jpg (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0731.jpg
78KB, 1000x1000px
Who here is dealing with a caffeine dependency here?

I have a really bad addiction to caffeine, to the point of not being able to function without at least 600+mg of caffeine a day

I'm considering cutting caffeine out of my diet so that I might get my energy back. What have you guys experienced with this?
>>
>>41404356

Google 'awake' caffeine e-book. Definitely worth the few bucks or if you wanna pirate it. Lots of good advise.

But it's definitely worth doing. I'm slowly trying to go from half an energy drink a day (red bull) to only drinking green tea. After cutting out the caffeine to a half I sleep much better and I never use caffeine as a PWO if i work out in the evening.
>>
>>41404388
I'm down with just going cold turkey with caffeine, but idk how tired I'll be and how long it'll take my body to get over the addiction
>>
>>41404479

At 600mg/day it will truly be absolutely hellish but it's one way of doing it. But really, caffeine withdrawal is SRS business.

If you don't have work or anything else to really perform for, then go ahead. Do update us. I wanna see that train wreck.
>>
>>41404654
The thing is that I have an extremely busy schedule where I can't be falling asleep all the time

By hellish what kind of withdrawal symptoms should I expect?
>>
>>41404853
Another anon here, can tell you.
I used to drink like 2 liters of energy drinks a day.
When i started cutting, naturally i would feel very sleepy all the time, slept around 12 hours a day.
I mean it's not like i could fall asleep anywhere any time but being asleep for 12 hours felt like it wasn't enough.
Also just generally being tired, lack of motivation, etc.
The addiction isn't as severe as the anon says tho, easily can get rid of it in like a month without your beloved "sips".
I still drink one now and then just for the taste but that's it.
>>
>>41404982
>The addiction isn't as severe as the anon says tho, easily can get rid of it in like a month without your beloved "sips".
my brain stopped functioning in the end, make it out, i'm gonna do a handstand.
>>
>>41404356

I think you can do it, OP. I had an addiction to caffeine about this bad in college. The worst part is the first 2 days.

You'll want to drink plenty of water and take some ibuprofen. Expect massive headaches, tiredness, and a short fuse.

If you'll be working out, don't expect much from yourself. A few light lifts and some walking, maybe.
>>
I typically have about 10 cups of coffee a day. Maybe a little less when I'm not at work. I genuinely believe I need it to function

The few times I've cut back I feel so sad I teeter on the edge of tears. And I barely speak.
>>
>>41404982
>>41405067
I just miss having natural energy and not needing to sleep fucking 10 hours and still need energy drinks to stay awake through the day
>>
File: 1466124866614.gif (775KB, 420x263px) Image search: [Google]
1466124866614.gif
775KB, 420x263px
>>41404356
3 caffeine pill(600mg total) a day anon here

been that way for the last 4-5 years

only started the third pill about 6 months ago

it sucks.. it really does.. i want off this ride but i feel like shit without them
>>
>>41404853
A headache like no other, grogginess, and having a hard time taking a dump (lasted about a week and a half). Anecdotal from going cold turkey off 400-500mg a day
>>
Caffeine tolerance will take 2 weeks caffeine free to reset apparently so it's a pretty quick withdrawal.

I find the easiest way is to step down a caffeine source for a few days.

If you drink monster etc drop down to coffee, then drop down to weaker coffee, then drop down to tea for a week then, if you want, you can go caffeine free for a while.

I drink a lot of coffee and find switching to tea for two weeks puts some of the zing back in it when I step back up to drinking coffee so I never really have to go without it.
>>
Caffeine tolerance will take 2 weeks caffeine free to reset apparently so it's a pretty quick withdrawal.

I find the easiest way is to step down a caffeine source for a few days.

If you drink monster etc drop down to coffee, then drop down to weaker coffee, then drop down to tea for a week then, if you want, you can go caffeine free for a while.

I drink a lot of coffee and find switching to tea for two weeks puts some of the zing back in it when I step back up to drinking coffee so I never really have to go without it.
>>
>>41405402
>>41405361
Ah so annoying - captcha was being histrionic.
>>
>tfw 400mg/day
i couldn't take it for more than month... fucked me up too much... glad i got rid of it desu
>>
>>41404654

>absolutely hellish

Lol you'll get a headache and be sorta tired all day, what an absolute nightmare
>>
>>41405402
can confirm this. i've cycled caffeine many times. though eventually for me i just became hypersensitive to it and have to be careful now
>>
>>41405497
I take L theanine with my coffee now - really helps the jitters.
>>
>>41404356
I would suggest giving yerba mate a try. It has caffeine but also theobromine (mild stimulant), l-theanine (think green tea) and a bunch of minerals and antioxidants. You could switch to yerba mate for a few days and then quit entirely or just continue with yerba mate.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.