[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speedy Metabolism, how to gain weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Weak as fuck.jpg (86KB, 588x473px) Image search: [Google]
Weak as fuck.jpg
86KB, 588x473px
I am 6ft.1in, weigh around 115 pounds and am 17 years old. I have been on the road to self improvement for a while now, but while all of the other aspects have been attainable, gaining weight and then muscle has not.
No matter how much I eat, I can't seem to gain weight. Last summer I even ate 2 Mcdonalds meals a day for a fortnight and still didn't gain anything, and when I'm eating healthily (Balanced meals; Chicken, Rice & Veggies) nothing changes.
What do? I heard that I shouldn't start lifting until I have put on weight, is that true or should I just start lifting now? I read the sticky but it doesn't really cover this.
>>
you're not eating enough, simple

Eat more calorie dense food like nuts, avocados etc
>>
>>41399787
I eat my 3 meals though.
Normal day looks like:
Breakfast: Cinnamon roll
Snack: Another cinnamon roll, they're tasty as fuck
Lunch: Katsu Curry or Chicken, Rice & Veggies
Afternoon Snack: Fruit like rose apples, watermelon or kiwi fruit
Dinner: Either: Rice, Fish, Chicken stir fry with vegetables. Or: Roast chicken & Rice.

Should I just start eating a shed load of almonds? Last time I ate a lot of nuts it made my acne go insane :\
>>
>>41399762
First of all this fast/slow metabolism shit is bs, stop making dumbass excuses. Download myfitnesspal or a different calorie tracker and set your calories for a surplus. If you keep it uo then you'll gain weight, but if you keep saying "ohh fuckkkkk i have a fast metabomism so i cant gaiiin weight ohh" then fuck off.
>>
Whenever I want to gain weight without going full bulk I grab a bag of almonds and some whole milk. Drink a glass of milk with at least two meals. Put the bag of almonds somewhere in your house/apartment and whenever you pass it grab a handful. I am in and out of my apartment all day (college student) so I put it by the front door.
>>
>>41399762
Do you live in the US?

You need to eat high calorie meals and buy a weight gainer
>>
File: 1450509023673.jpg (32KB, 491x358px) Image search: [Google]
1450509023673.jpg
32KB, 491x358px
>>41399762
EAT MORE YOU FUCK

YOU ARE WEAK

I SMASH 3k CALORIES A DAY AND IM STILL HUNGRY FOR MORE

EAT EAT EAT

DROWN YOURSELF IN PEANUT BUTTER AND MILK IF YOU REALLY HAVE TO
>>
>>41399818
Do me a favor, count the calories that you're eating in a day and compare it to your TDEE.

If I were a betting man, I would say that you're not getting nearly the amount of calories that you think that you're getting.

It also looks like you're not getting enough protein. Eat a real breakfast and lunch mr."Balanced Diet"
>>
>>41399762
>>41399818
differences in metabolism are minimal (i.e. there is no such thing as fast/slow metabolism, not enough to affect weight gain/loss). At that height&weight there is no way your TDEE is probably 2000 or something so yeah, not eating enough.
Also this >>41400184
I have never understood how people fail to gain weight. It has never been an issue ever in history. We have a whole generation of 6'5" 100lbs skellies trying to find a miracle solution to gaining weight. I don't understand that. There is a multi-billion industry aimed at people who want to lose weight because eating is so fucking easy. You have to be fucking low test to not want to eat all the time. Shit, I've been known to eat 5000kcal and still be hungry, and I'm 5'11", 170lbs. Just started lifting 4 months ago and the gains are coming nicely.
>>
>>41400307
Thanks, i'll start counting my calories.
Chicken rice and veggies is a pretty balanced lunch imo?
>>41400315
I also do my 10k steps a day, so perhaps you guys are right. I'll just cram my face with almonds from now on.

Also, can't drink milk. Lactose intolerant. Any other alternatives?
>>
>>41400346
> Chicken rice and veggies is a pretty balanced lunch imo?

Yeah, it is. But when it's prefaced by nothing but Cinnamon rolls and no protein or nutritional sustenance, then your diet is no longer balanced. A balanced diet implies that most of your day is balanced with healthy foods
>>
>>41400466
I see, thanks for that. I just counted up the calories I got today and apparently it was only 1.5k (ayy lmao). I guess it's Almonds & protein for the next couple of months. I'll post again in the foreseeable future to see what i'm inevitably doing wrong. Thanks a lot for all your help, I appreciate this board a lot.
thanks again, cheers
>>
File: dyel.png (338KB, 383x393px) Image search: [Google]
dyel.png
338KB, 383x393px
>>41400346

Almonds? are you fucking dense mate?

Eat some proper fucking food.

Heres just one of the options you could have for a proper breakfast: 5 scrambled eggs, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter, 1/4 cup of oats, 1 banana.

Thats around 1500 calories

Eat 2 more meals a day that size and you will gain some weight, this is coming from a skelly with a fast metabolism, I used to say the exact same things you are saying here 'B-but I eat a lot', no you dont.
>>
>>41400576
Lol try and eat 2k a day for a week, 2.5k a day for a week, and then 3k a day until you put on weight where you are comfortable. I am 6' 0" (for real not like the rest of the manlets) and 205lbs. I need to hit about 3k a day to maintain weight.
>>
File: skelegates.png (1MB, 1015x768px) Image search: [Google]
skelegates.png
1MB, 1015x768px
THESE ARE THE SKELEGATES I SEEK
>>
>>41399818
Yeah, that's 1500 calories at most, about half of what you should be eating
>>
>>41399762
drink tons of milk it really helped me, full fat homo milk for most calories, i just try to drink as much as i can a day. also smoothies, i blend up 1 cup of milk, 3/4 cup yogurt, 1 banana, 1 scoop protein, and like 300 calories worth of olive oil, it doesnt even taste bad at its like 800 calories, if you drink that twice a day plus milk throughout the day youd be getting 3k calories just from that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.