[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on improving endurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: catt.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
catt.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
I can only run for 3 mins but i want to run for 10 kms help pls
>>
>>41398463
it works the same as lifting. progressive overload. run further/faster each time
>>
When i try to go over it my head feels light and i think of dying lmao
>>
Just run 200 km/h
>>
>>41398463
Run for progressively longer, that is the only way
>>
>>41398463
Running is for fags. Start lifting pussy
>>
>>41398487
kek
>>
>>41398463
lose mass. stop eating. go aushwitz mode. then running will be ez.
>>
>>41398463
Think about improving your breathing in every session. Breathe deep and rythmically
>>
>>41399142
you talking about deeptroathing ?
>>
>>41399558
Newfag
>>
>>41399576
oldfag
>>
>>41399751
Newfags can't triforce

▲▲
>>
>>41399771
topkek

▲▲
>>
>>41399789
Nice try fag. Go back to 9gag
. ▲
▲▲
>>
>>41399804
kek
>>
>>41399823
impressed huh?
>>
>>41398463
Take vitamin/suplement b

Myprotein sell 120 pills for 7-9 dollars here
>>
>>41398463
You can just slowly increase distance, you will get better at it. However, I had trouble increasing my running speed, I didn't get measurably faster even after I became able to run 10 km instead of just 5km without stopping. Will HIIT sprints increase my speed?
>>
>>41400809
Increasing speed and distance at the same time is tough. Pick a distance and stick to it for a while and your time will start dropping
>>
>>41400857
Oh, I wasn't clear in my post, these things didn't happen at the same time. I've been running 5ks three times a week for like half a year before I started increasing distance, and my times didn't really improve, I just hit a plateau at about 23:30.
>>
>>41398463
cardio
>>
When I was in bad shape I would always get out of breath, and feel like I will black out when I was running and that's what would usually stop me.

Now after a few years of working out and occasionally doing other sports I dont have that problem anymore but what stops me from going further is that my calves are shit. They start to hurt way before any other part of my body and if I push too hard it feels like they are getting harder and harder to the point where I feel like they are about to cramp up.

Bad running form or what's the deal here, it's not like I didnt train calves in the gym I probably do more for them than the average gymbro (I know that doesnt say much but still) but they seem to be the weak link in the chain. Ideas ?
>>
>>41401383
stretch them every day

maybe have your gait analysed at a running place, your shoes might not be right. when you have cushioned shoes you rely more on hitting the ground with your heel which is apparently a more unnatural running style. the best way is to hit your mid/forefoot, if you imagine the foot landing flat on the ground instead of landing on the heel and rolling forward
>>
>>41398463

Try lowering your speed/shortening your stride until you build up some endurance. I had a tough time running very far until I slowed it down to pace myself. Recently, I've been making some gains and going an extra quarter mile on each successive run.
>>
>>41398487
that educated anon's post is underrated
>>
>>41401383
Do standing calf raises. Work your way up to 1000 a day just like Shaq.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.