[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bouldering plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: puccio.jpg (62KB, 700x871px) Image search: [Google]
puccio.jpg
62KB, 700x871px
alright assholes, here's the deal...

i like to boulder. been doing it for quite a while. long enough that the "just climb all the time" advice isn't improving my ability. i rarely do it outdoors because the bouldering gym is closer and the problems change regularly. i'd like to get better at it.

goals: increase a grade soonish, learn better form/balance, get stronger grip and stronger core core.

i am able to hit the bouldering gym 2-4 times per week for up to an hour each time. i have a hangboard at home that i can use whenever. beyond some small freeweights (probably max of 50lbs total), i don't have any other exercise equipment.

how should i spend my time in the gym and at home to achieve those goals? i've tried doing 4x4s at the gym but i end up chasing new routes. i've tried doing traversals and end up doing the same when the gym is packed. i do the intermediate hangboard workouts here: http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/training_giude_10_min.html

but i don't do them on any real schedule. usually i do them when i can't visit the gym and i throw some pushups in there or something and call it good. my warmdown after a climb is 10 pushups, 10 dips, and 30-40 crunches with some stretching.

should i just climb as hard as i can everytime i visit the gym and make sure to use the hangboard and do some yoga to retain flexibility/grip on the days i can't? i'm not sure how to structure all of this. i'm especially not sure how to structure it without blowing out some tendons. it's not for a lack of time, just difficulty in deciding how to get after it.

once i figure that shit out, i need to get my diet under control. i can't seem to get enough calories in me on days when i do climb and then end up eating everything i can fucking find.

thanks in advance for any advice.
>>
>>41392636
Piss off you shitstain.
>>
>>41392636
Alex Puccio is a beast.
>>
>>41392636

I would lick her Puccio clean after a long bouldering session, if you know what I mean
>>
First off, you should probably be climbing more than an hour each time if possible, this will help with endurance. Practice quiet feet, this will help with foot placement and technique. Also check out r/climbharder, its pretty good for training tips
>>
What grade are you bouldering right now?
>>
>>41394404
I also want to know this. Also how long is 'quite a while'?
>>
Lmao those fucking legs.
>>
File: rockclimbing.jpg (287KB, 900x555px) Image search: [Google]
rockclimbing.jpg
287KB, 900x555px
>>41394404
>>41394680
The real questions.

An hour is certainly not enough, I'm nowhere near skilled at bouldering, and I put in 2-3 hours. I have friends who are really into it and do 2 hours every single day, more or less.

I didn't really look at the hangboard exercises you posted, but one idea is to try to do cling exercises with as few fingers as possible. Also, just try to get the advanced exercise in then. That's the next bench mark.

If the advice of 'just do it more' isn't the right advice, then you shouldn't be climbing. The more you do it, and the harder the problems you try, the better. Just practice on the V9s if you're such hot shit.

Otherwise, just practice your dynos. Just learn to leap as high as you can from as low as you can onto a grip as small as you can.

>>41394687
lol
>>
>>41394858
If that pic isn't shopped, that seems horrible. I could only imagine getting scratch marks on her tits
>>
>>41392636
D E A D L I F T
E
A
D
L
I
F
T
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.