[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trigger Finger help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1986696564.jpg (15KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1986696564.jpg
15KB, 228x221px
Have any of you bros ever experienced this? Inability to open your fingers from a fist position without it getting stuck, or it feeling painful when you open it.

It gets worst in the morning.

How do I treat this anon? I'm ready to wear gloves if it helps. What's a good gloves that protects your palms and fingers from weights?
>>
Do you mean like the muscle seizes up after applying force And you can losses your grip for a few seconds?
>>
>>41385263

No it doesn't happen when you are lifting weights, it happens more when your hands are at rest and not doing anything.

Curl your fingers into a fist position, and then uncurl it. For those with trigger fingers, your finger will get 'stuck' first, before you can uncurl it.

When I bench/deadlift, the thing goes away but it comes back a few hours later.. It's not painful but I don't want it to get worst.
>>
Myotonia?
>>
>>41385216
finger extension with elastic band
>>
>>41385424

Yeah I did that already, anything else to help? I was thinking of buying a thick glove like

https://sg.bodybuilding.com/store/gl/155.html

Don't want to destroy my hands anymore.
>>
>>41385216
I had two bad bouts with de Quervains in the past year. first time I wore a brace and it went away after a month, though I still had diminished wrist ROM
second time, it was worse and significantly more painful. had to see a doctor and get a shot in my wrist for it to improve.
after having the shot, I also did some joint distraction stuff on my wrist and thumb, basically pressing the areas that had discomfort/limited motion against something until they loosened up.
that helped significantly and my wrist is back to 100%

try just pressing one of your fingers against the stuck fingers while also pressing the stuck finger against the position where it gets stuck. don't put yourself in pain while doing it, but try and feel your finger extending against an object that it can't move.
>>
>>41385678
You mean like massaging it? Yeah it does feels good but that only lasts for a while. Do you reckon gloves will help?
>>
Bumping for advice
>>
I had this for a completely unrelated reason for a period of time. It's a weird as fuck feel. I always thought it had something todo with carpal tunnel
>>
My friend is a welder and began having problems with trigger finger, he is currently taking 2 or 3 months off of work for surgery in both hands and healing. Has something to do with shaving some bones down in your hands/ wrists, can't remember exactly what the surgery entails... but after that you'll never have trigger finger again, it's 100% corrected permanently
>>
>>41386748

>surgery

Damn anon that sounds serious. I play piano/guitar which is why I'm kinda concerned about this, even though it hasn't affected my playing at all.

Might consider seeing a doc and taking a few weeks off
>>
>>41386748
This. For those trying to diagnose it it's nothing really to do with weak muscles (although that doesn't help), it's the sheathe the tendons retract into getting stuck, often around the joints.
>>
>>41386131
Gloves don't help I've been lifting for about 10 years and when I wore gloves honestly it got worst just try and use your hands as often as possible you either use em or lose em
>>
>>41386885

Huh why would wearing gloves make it worst though? Isn't it supposed to like protect your palms/fingers or some shit.

How did it get better for you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.