[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0195.jpg (260KB, 1362x1061px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0195.jpg
260KB, 1362x1061px
>in b4 check the goddamn sticky and passive aggressive comments
I did and not all of it makes sense and some of the links are broken or something; I just want straightforward answers

>Also pic related, it's me, my body and weight (135lbs) has not changed over 5 years and I'm 21.

New to all these exercise bullshit. I've absolutely no idea where to start or all these terms or how I should exercise, but I am determined and will not give up. It's not about others, it's for my personal gain. Don't want to buy a gym membership unless I know what I'm gonna do and not look stupid in the gym. The body type I wanna achieve isn't that difficult from what other people who do actually exercise tell me. Basically, I wanna look like that famous Michaelangelo David Greek inspired sculpture. I don't eat a lot, no sugar shit, drink water for the most part. Don't have my own kitchen, so homecooking meals is out of the question.

¿Wut do anon?
>>
>>41382903

Do starting strength, eat a caloric surplus, take that shit off your neck it looks dumb as fuck.
>>
>>41382903
>Don't want to buy a gym membership unless I know what I'm gonna do and not look stupid in the gym.

Go to a gym with an instructor and take a free lesson.
>>
>>41382903
focus on compound lifts
drink a gallon of whole milk a day in addition to your normal diet
continue this for at least 3 months up to 9 months it will give you your strength base and is the quickest way to achieve that base. You will not look amazing from this strategy but in the long run it is the most effective, also you will get noticeable gains every session (adding weight)
>>
>>41382919
I did, I don't wear that shit anymore. How much calories should I intake? What strength training exercises?
>>41383005
Yeah, I'll probably do that, but I do not want to depend on an instructor. Do want to shell out more money than I need to
>>41383121
I'm lactose intolerant :(
>>
>>41383121
>drink a gallon of whole milk a day in addition to your normal diet
lol
>>
>>41384465
Buy lactaid retard
But don't drink a gallon of milk everyday from no milk intake at all, anon is a retard

Please answer
Your height
Your general activity level outside of gym time
Your current caloric intake, roughly
>>
>>41384503
>Your height
5'6.5"
>Your general activity level outside of gym time
Work at IT, so like zero lol
>Your current caloric intake, roughly
Maybe 1700, idk just guessing
>>
>>41384465
The gallon of milk a day isn't totally necessary as long as you eat enough to gain weight, which is likely a lot more than you want to eat. Starting Strength is a specific program that involves specific exercises; you'll want to get the book in order to do it right, but if you just want to do it sort of partially right and not have to read a book, you can just look up the routine and still make gains.
>>
>>41382903
Read GreyskullLP second edition, or StrongLifts webpage
its all referenced in the sticky
but with your reading comprehension i doubt you'll ever do anything with your life
>>
>>41382903
If you're too lazy to even read the sticky then it's pointless for you to even set foot in a gym.
>>
>>41384526
Christ you're tiny

Try to get 250g carbs, 50g fat, 150g protein a day. Fat can go up as long as it's not saturated and from beneficial sources (legumes, fish). Keep sugar intake low, like less than 45g.
Drink lots of water.

Pick one of the beginner routines in the sticky. Just pick one. They all have their camps of supporters to tell you why theirs is the best. Just pick one. Find a gym that you can get to 3+ times a week and use their barbells. Start doing the program. Start light, you're a small guy.
Not sure how to do something and too beta to ask someone to demonstrate?
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
Look it up

There, now you're on your way.
Read everything you can, form your own opinions based on scientific research and your own anecdotal evidence. Take everything posted here with heavy scrutiny. Anon has no reason to lead you astray, but he also has no reason to help you.
>>
>>41382903

Don't exercise become trap
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.