[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best PPL Workouts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Looking for a decent 6-day PPL workout.

Don't want to spend fucking hours in the gym (got a business to run) but I don't want to fuck around either.

Recommendations?

Also, general PPL thread.
>>
>push
Bench
Ohp
Weighted dips

>pull
Pendlay rows
Weighted pullups
Yates rows

>legs
Deadlift
Squat
Weighted knee raise

Add accessories as you wish
>>
>don't want to spend hours in the gym
>doing ppl
retard

do an u/l

if you don't have 9 hours a week to dedicate to a proper ppl then don't bother with ppl
>>
>>41380553
Ignore this retard

>>41380523 Should give you solid results when done 6 days a week. Each workout is like 40 minutes top. That's 4 hours a week
>>
>>41380553
By "hours" I meant like 3 hours a day. I'll happily set aside 1-2 hours for 6 days of the week.

For example, something like Arnold's Mass Blueprint seems like a LOT of volume at the moment. I'm nearing 1/2/3/4, and at the risk of pissing off brainwashed Yanks, I've just started my first cycle of gear.

So I'm looking for something with decent volume, but that doesn't mean too much training in one go.

For an example I've looked at so far -

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan - The "rep goals" even over a number of sets still seem a bit high. I know we're looking more at volume over strength training here, but the variance between lifts seems quite big.
>>
Made a 4 day variation on PPL due to lack of time

Push
>Squats
>Bench
>Incline DB Bench
>OHP
>Lateral Raises
>Tricep Pushdowns

Pull
>Deadlift
>Pullups
>Rows
>Shrugs
>Curls
>5-10 mins Farmer Walks at the end of my workout

Rate? I dont a reason why legs need a specific day, 2x DL and Squat a week seems to be fine
>>
>>41380454
I spen9 about 90 minutes a night at the gym doing PPL. I don't take any rest days, because I've replaced my fatass food addiction with a gym addictions. This is what I do.

PUSH:
Flat BB bench @ 185 x12
Flat BB bench @ 205 x8
Flat BB bench @ 225 x5
Then I increase by 5-10 lbs. each rep and do 1x1 until I max.
Then I drop it back down to 225 and go to failure.
After this, I move the catch bars to just above my chest and do flat BB bench starting at the bottom at about 205 3xf.
Then I do incline BB bench at 185-205 3xf.
Then I move the catch bars up to rest the BB high and do BB shoulder press at 135 5xf.
After this, I go over and grab some 40 lb. DBs and do standing alternating Arnold presses until failure, as I reach failure, I switch to alternating shoulder press, 3xf.
Optional DB incline press.
Head over to the cable flyes and do 5xf alternating between sets of flyes in front of me and flyes underneath me.
Then I do some rope pushdowns, 5xf, alternating between in front of me and overhead.

That's about my entire push day.
>>
File: nazis.jpg (66KB, 729x818px) Image search: [Google]
nazis.jpg
66KB, 729x818px
>PULL
1x5 Deadlift
4x5 bent/pendlay row, 1xamrap
3x8-12 pull ups/chin ups
3x8-12 seated cable rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls
>PUSH
4x5, 1x5+ bench press
3x8-12 overhead press
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
>LEGS
2x5, 1x5+ squat 1x5amrap
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises
>>
Reddit PPL is pretty solid. Been on it for a few weeks and the volume has helped me push through some plateaus I had on shit like bench and pullups. I'd recommend following the strength modifications for it (add dips, back of sets with pull/chinups, RDL for 3x5) and doing as much free weight variations as you can (skullcrushers instead of pulldowns, front squats instead of leg press) and you should be set. My workouts average 90-110 minutes depending on how many warmup sets I do
>>
>>41381507
*back off sets with pull/chinups
>>
>>41381158
Looks good.
>>41381507
If you mean this one, it's seems similar to the above. https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Either way, both seem along the right lines.
>>
>>41381680
It's the same, minus alternating DL and rows, and bench with OHP. It's a good template, but it does need some modification based on goals and some of the finer details of the routine should be considered (e.g. the alternating)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.