[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lifting techniques/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: katie.png (470KB, 595x594px) Image search: [Google]
katie.png
470KB, 595x594px
lowkey techniques/movements to improve efficiency. share them brehs

when deadlifting push the ground with your heels
>>
>>41377356
dont die
>>
when benchin

bend the bar

helps tuck elbows
>>
File: 1493411566693.jpg (298KB, 1064x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493411566693.jpg
298KB, 1064x1280px
squeeze your glutes and abs as hard as physically possible during OHP. also imagine you're not just pushing something above your head, but pushing the ground down too with your heels. really fucking drive your heels into the ground as hard as you can. you will surprise yourself at how much more force transmission you get.

thumbless grip for more lat activation on latpulldowns, pullups and even rows. basically any lat exercise

when deadlifting, grab the bar and 'fall back' with your ass until you feel tension in your hamstrings. this is your starting position.

if your foot position is not correct on your squat descent, when you are ATG, you can actually wriggle your feet and knees so you are in a comfortable position on the drive up. knees should track along the direction the toes are pointing, but not go further out.

if you have mobility troubles squatting, find yourself leaning forward on the drive up, or get hip abductor pain, invest in some squatting shoes or heel lifts. I used to squat in flat shoes and suffered all those problems. with an extra 1.5 inches on the heel of my foot, I can squat flawlessly.

drive your feet into the ground on bench.
>>
>>41377356
when doing a pullup, kick your legs really hard and use the momentum to help boost you up. no use tiring out your back unnecessarily.
>>
Don't worry about your knees going past toes during squat(still must press from your heels) Also keeping your forearms vertical is important during bench, don't worry about going lower than your nipples, I bench from my sternum. Keep feet close during deadlift, hip width like you're standing up straight.
>>
For Bench and OHP, angle your grip on the bar. The bar should run from the crook of your thumb, to the lower inside of your palm, near your wrist. Puts less strain on your wrist.
>>
>>41379048
>Look mom, I posted bad advice on purpose!
>>
bump for thread
>>
>>41377356
>shift your weight away from your center of gravity by pushing with your heels
Wew lad, garbage advice.
>>
focus not on getting the weight from A to B

instead think about the activation of the muscles and make sure your using the correct ones
>>
bamp
>>
Retract the fucking scapula!
>>
>>41379023
Gotta buy some oly shoes now. Any recommendations?
>>
tensing my abs on every lift gave me so much better progression

if your body isnt tight you're literally bleeding out power and force on compound movements and you'll never progress like you want to
>>
>>41380455
Be strong Clarence, be strong for mother.
>>
>>41384416
dig deep unless u wanna spend 200 bones (avg prices from nike/reebok/adidas)

all i got breh
>>
>>41377356
On every single lift: SQUEEZE THE FUCK OUT OF THE BAR. If your body thinks you wrists can't handle the weight then your CNS will not provide power elsewhere.
Push your abs OUT, don't suck your gut in.

Squats: Push your knees outwards when squatting.

Deadlifts: Try to bend the bar across you shins in the starting position - this will fire up the lats and give you a lot more stability.

OHP: Forearms vertical, don't be afraid to widen your grip a bit if you're a lanky piece of shit. Squeeze the fuck out of the bar, tense up glutes and FUCKING LIFTOFF.

>>41379055
>Keep feet close during deadlift, hip width like you're standing up straight.

Depends on your build, I've got long legs and I lose a lot of force production if I don't widen my stance a bit. Only keep them close on snatch-grip diddly.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.