[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Form check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1z5pzxz.jpg (31KB, 548x600px) Image search: [Google]
1z5pzxz.jpg
31KB, 548x600px
Can I get help with the deadlift? I try to do everything by the book, but I'm not sure if I actually do it right. I kinda feel tired in lower back, which I was told is not supposed to be the case. In general, I'm very confused as to how low my hips are supposed to go. I guess I should've filmed from the side to see the lat angle... I'm also not sure what my back is supposed to feel, I never actually learned the deadlift properly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64MKJuvjXZQ
>>
>>41375392
why do you record deadlift from the front when you should see how your spine is during it? can't tell shit from this angle
>>
Kinda hard to tell from video, but it looks like you aren't using glutes properly. You want to try and wedge your ass under your back. Almost as if you're humping the bar. Push your hips forward. It looks like you lock out using lower back instead of squeezing your glutes. Hope that helps.
>>
jesus christ rippetoe is fucking jacked in that picture. I know we like to talk shit about him but he actually used to lift
>>
>>41375401
I only realised how bad the angle was when I started to write the post...
>>41375437
That's a good tip, thank you.
>>
>>41375392
start using your lats,
also think about pressing your big toes into the ground ( helped me with my form with legs
also put your ass down before each rep
try to use mostly legs until barbell is at kneehight then activate your glutes and squeeze that shit

I do think that the shrug on top is unessecary-and dangerous, dont shrug it in the air, just push your shoulders back,

If you just doing it for bodybuilding you could also leave shoulders back all the times, which makes it a lot harder tho ( Weight lifters usually do this when snatching/C/J)
>>
>>41375606
Thanks. I'm kinda unsure how to make use of lats during the DL, but I'll try to learn it.
>bodybuilding
Meh, I'm in it for strength.
>>
Don't think of it as a lift, think of it as pushing your feet against the floor.
>>
>>41375692
me again
try to push your shoulders back

also standing then putting arms in front of body
shoulders down
keep flexing back and then go down
>>
>>41375981
Ah, I get it now. Alright, will work on it.
>>41375840
Alright.
>>41375489
I'm not actually sure if that's Mark. Would be cool to see more photos of Rippetoe the powerlifter.
>>
>>41375692
Your lats are by definition being used in the deadlift - they're helping keep your back and arms in the correct position.

Honestly it's hard to tell from the angle but it looks like you might be rounding your back in your effort to get the weight off the floor quickly. You're doing everything else correct though. Cue yourself to squeeze the bar up your legs slowly rather than yanking it.
>>
>>41376076
>I'm not actually sure if that's Mark

it's a meme mate

if you want more advice r/fitness has a daily form check thread
>>
>>41376088
Also don't listen to the guy telling you to keep your shoulders behind the bar. This leads to poor mechanics and you'll just waste energy as the bar finds its way into the 'right' place anyway. Watch some videos of people starting this way - they don't actually break the bar off the floor till they're in a position where their shoulders are over the bar.
>>
>>41376118
thats not what i meant
shoulders should be in line with the bar,if you look at it from the side
but the shoulders shouldnt be hanging in front of your body
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.