[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/IFG/ - INTERMITTENT FASTING GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Post questions and answers here regarding IF. It can be combined with Keto or Paleo, or not.

Fasting will not kill you, but do your research first.

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM
>>
File: tmp_3819-02_leangains575572485.jpg (1MB, 600x2637px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3819-02_leangains575572485.jpg
1MB, 600x2637px
>>
>>
100 bucks says that dude balloons back up before the end of the year.

He hasn't learned healthy eating habits, healthy exercise habits and how to fit them into his life.

He's learned a trick to not eat for a long time and not die, nothing about his weight loss is sustainable. He's gonna go right back to eating like shit.

The only effective, long term way to lose weight is through total lifestyle change. This isn't a lifestyle change, it's a fad.
>>
>>41371290
>>41371302
>>41371316
Intermittent? Why not try a permanent one?
>>
>>41371579
I've actually been doing the 5-6 small, healthy meals per day for many years, but started having trouble sticking with it.

I've found IF is so simple and easier in comparison, and I'm eating healthier than previously. Plus, I'm starting to lose the stubborn pounds I was never able to lose or keep off with the 6 meals/day plan.

I have a ton more time since I don't eat/prep all day.

>>41371608
Why don't you just workout permanently? Why don't you stay awake permanently?
>>
>>41371665

> I've actually been doing the 5-6 small, healthy meals per day for many years

> Years

And if you weren't losing weight that can only mean 1 of three things

1: The meals weren't healthy
2: The meals weren't small
3: You're lying

So, again, you haven't learned healthy eating and exercise plans, your knowledge of what does and doesn't constitute "healthy" is as poor as it was when you got to a weight you didn't like, so, without a doubt you will get to that weight again.

If you didn't know how to stay in shape and be healthy, then learned a trick you could do to lose a lot of weight but it's not permanently sustainable then, you will, inevitably, get back into the shape you were before.

It's essentially like getting liposuction, all the fats gone but you have no idea how to keep it that way.
>>
>>41371713
No, I just couldn't stick to it long enough to get rid of the last few pounds I wanted to. I mean if I stuck to it for 18 months straight, I'm sure I would have succeeded.

There are lots of additional benefits to IF that aren't found in the 6 meal/day plan though. Do you think otherwise? You seem defensive about IF.
>>
>>41371742

> couldn't stick to it long enough to get rid of the last few pounds

You said you did it for years buddeh

> You seem defensive about IF.

I'm arguing against the kid in the video doing a 28 day fast, if that's you then I'm arguing against you.

The point is pretty simple, the guy from the video never learned healthy eating habits and healthy exercise habits.

He instead learned a trick to not eat for 28 days.

Obviously if you don't eat for 28 days you'll lose a fuckton of weight. But it's not sustainable, you can't just "not eat" forever, so when you go back to eating you'll go back to the eating habits that got you there in the first place.

If you never learned how to lose weight through diet and exercise you'll never keep it off. Fact.

If you learned how to lose weight through what is essentially a temporary body hack you will gain it back. Fact.
>>
>>41371781
I agree with you about the kid. But he's 20 years old, and it seemed to be a change he was willing to do for whatever reason.

I think when you do something like that, you have a greater chance of keeping the weight off because it's takes a lot of will power to do that. I wouldn't do it. But IF is similar in the way that it reinforces one's psyche that you can go without food for a few hours and be fine.

Whereas if you're eating every few hours to "keep your metabolism running", skipping a meal sounds like a bad idea. Though it's really not a big deal.
>>
>>41371290
saving this thread
>>
>>41371290
>>41371302
IF is okay, but these infographics are full of bro science

>eat very small amounts of specific foods during fast
>needing to do carb cycling for fatloss with IF
>BCAA meme
>fast-5: eat ach much as you're hungry for
>expect zero weight loss in first 3 weeks, then average 4lbs per month
>random: eat unprocessed paleo-style foods
>varying macro ratio's each day
>varying calories by 40% each day
>cardio
>low intensity cardio of risk muscle loss!

They're over complicating weight loss for the noobs.
Just pick a calorie deficit that you can maintain and get enough fats, carbs and protein every day.
And do IF for health benefits like insulin, tryclycerides & LDL, blood pressure, HGH, bloodsugar etc.
>>
In the middle of my fourth week of eating once daily with 44 hour fast at the end of the week and a cheat day where im allowed 2 meals instead of 1 after. I was around 240 fully bloated at the beginning, and I was at 212 completely emptied a the end of my last 44 hour fast. The mirror test suggests that not only have I not lost any muscle, but that I've re comped considerably.

I'm eating, probably about 12-1500 calories a night, so it' snot an extreme deficit. It has done a ton to reset my cravings. Cheat day is usually like some cereal or something at home and a nice mexican meal out.

My strength and energy haven't been hit too hard so far, but now that the lifts in my routine are getting a little heavier, that won't be the case for much longer.

After this week, I'll continue to do the weekly 44 hour fast, but I won't be eating only once daily. Instead, I'll be doing the 8 hour window.

I'll continue with that until I hit my goal weight of 185. Then I will go on a more traditional bodybuilding diet to bulk.
>>
>>41374475
Good job broseph. How did you come up with the 44 hour fast?
>>
>>41374862
Thanks man

http://www.fitnessunderoath.com/the44hourdiet_prepubversion.pdf
>>
>>41375328
Nice. Thank you. I'm reading. Finally get a name and face to the guy who fasted 382 days.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.