[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck, is this real? How did he not lose all his muscle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 11

File: waterfast.png (724KB, 859x642px) Image search: [Google]
waterfast.png
724KB, 859x642px
What the fuck, is this real? How did he not lose all his muscle?
>>
>>41368080
He had no muscle to lose. Also the body will always burn excess fat first until about 15% bf.
>>
>>41368080
>is this real?
Yeah for sure. Usually when I fast I lose about 15 LB on the first day too

Fucking idiot
>>
>>41368080

He went on a 28 day Water fast.
Apparently all his scars disappeared during the water fast.
Anybody here done a Water fast before?
I'm considering it.
>>
>>41368080
>is this real?
Obviously not.
>>
And this is why we wonder why the average person is so bad at knowing how to lose weight. You have shit like his floating around.
>>
>>41368080
link? proofs? anything?
>>
OP, are you a grill?
>>
>>41368139
Day 1 was his first day of working out and dieting. Day 1 of Fast is the first day he fasted
>>
>>41368281
Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E484qiQXxz
>>
>>41368183
You'll probably faint by the end of the week but go for it.
>>
>>41368924
You won't faint after a week you stupid fuck.
>>
>>41368092
This is an absolute lie
>>
>>41368080
wasn't exactly muscular to begin with
had plenty of fat to burn through for energy
isn't exactly contest shape in term of bf%
began to train during this time, noob gains cancelled out the loss in strength.
>this is possible, but would likely only work for someone who started as overweight/obese with little muscle.
>>
>>41368092
>>41369010

Yeah it's a lie, but muscle loss is always overstated by conventional wisdom. This makes sense. Fat is dead weight to the body and efficiently consumed. Muscle is extremely useful for killing your next meal or making it to the next berry bush. Evolution has constraints, and sometimes it can only produce shitty systems for survival, but its usually pretty good.

This is from the wiki for ketosis

>After about 48 hours of this process, the brain starts burning ketones in order to more directly use the energy from the fat stores that are being depended upon, and to reserve the glucose only for its absolute needs, thus avoiding the depletion of the body's protein store in the muscles.[14]

So maybe you lose some muscle initially rather quickly, then slowly during the rest of the fast.
>>
>>41368924
I did something similar but I didn't want to do zero calorie. I only hate two bananas and an apple daily for 28 days. The month of February. I also did six miles worth of cardio (one hour) every day. Started at 180lbs at 5'8" to 150lbs. Didn't feel sluggish or starving-tier hungry at all. Any time I was feeling hunger creep up, I just drank water. Shit's an easy way to lose weight for sure.
>>
Fasting -> GH increase -> Muscle Sparing = lowered protein catabolism.
>>
>>41369083

> So maybe you lose some muscle initially rather quickly, then slowly during the rest of the fast.

If you go dig into literature on fasting/starvation you'll find you are actually correct.
>>
>>41368183
I really want to know about the scar bullshit because there's no understood medical basis as to how your body would consume scars for fuel that I can find. If you google it you'll find a lot of people making claims, but no photographic evidence whatsoever.

I'm on night 4 of a water fast. If scar reduction is total horseshit I guess I lost a ton of weight, but otherwise I'd rather do it the slow and safe way.
>>
>>41368080
I can kinda believe his water fasting if he was just sitting home all day during it, but he's saying he even did workouts on it. No way you can lift shit on empty stomach. Maybe at starting couple of days yeah, but on day 20, you lift that shit, in your head it all goes black and you just fall down like a tree.
>>
>>41369002
I'd faint after a fucking hour realizing I had 27 more days of that shit.
>>
He might have been on GH and lost weight with cardio and lifting. Eating less helps but it melts muscle most of the time
>>
>>41369073
I'm a fat fuck but have lots muscle too
What I should do
>>
>>41368080
> not doing psmf instead of water fast
> 2017
>>
>>41369118
Yeah this is weird. I saw in another video that he would have to stand up slowly during his fast or else he'd get an insane head rush. No way you can work out under that condition.
>>
>>41369085
Any loose skin from losing that much weight so fast? Kinda considering trying this, or something like it.
>>
I'm considering doing this and documenting the process. I'm not sure about 28 days tho.
>>
>>41369158

> he thinks there's a significant difference between fasting and eating a few hundred calories of protein at day.

xD
>>
>>41369223
>something like it.

PSMF
Way way better than water fasting.

If you're already lifting, do ultimate diet 2.0 by lyle macdonald, it's even better bc you actually make some gains while losing fast at pretty much same pace. (However the workouts will be definitely the worst you'll ever have)
>>
>>41369255
if you aren't a twink and actually have any muscle mass, you wind up needing over 1000 calories of almost all protein if you want to do a psmf according to the book. you are supposed to get 1.5-2x your lean body weight in protein while on psmf. example, if lean body weight = 160 pounds, that would be 240g of protein at 1.5x. chicken breast is one of the best foods for protein. about 240g of protein would be about 31.5 oz of chicken breast or about 1,155 calories.
>>
>>41369439

you're not supposed to exceed 900 calories on psmf you dumb slut.
>>
>>41369469
i accept that you are probably right because i havent read the book in a while and was basing my post on memory. aren't you supposed to do 1.5-2x your lean body weight in protein though? ill have to check
>>
>>41369493

PSMF is barely 1 step removed from fasting, so the idea somebody doing PSMF (hint: F in PSMF = fasting) is going to lecture on how much better it is than fasting is probably a retard.
>>
Is this thread some new, stupid meme I haven't heard of?
>>
Shame with that haircut and face he still looks like a faggot
>>
Eat nothing but greek yogurt for 6 weeks. Mix it with some sugarfree flavor drink to wash the shit down. You'll drop so many pounds people will think you got aids.

Not sure about muscle loss, I was a scrawny skinnyfat fuck back then.
>>
>>41368567
Bad link, nigger. Here's the right one:

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM
>>
>>41369493
ok i skimmed the book and
>>41369469
youre wrong. for class 1 dieters (according to him people with 15% bf or less) who also are lifters, 1.5-2x lean body weight,in pounds, is recommended for grams of protein. for a very large amound of people that would exceed 900 calories
>>
>>41369830
oh i should specify "him" is Lyle McDonald and the book is The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
>>
File: elizabeth-taylor-circa-1940.jpg (162KB, 1200x1688px) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth-taylor-circa-1940.jpg
162KB, 1200x1688px
>>41368183
>>41369117
>water fast

holy fuck is this real, I can't breathe
>>
>>41370133
prepare to rage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrWPKOWd_fg
>>
>>41370191
I don't even understand this..
He didn't go to the toilet and he had piss that was yellow? That happens when I wake up usually.

In school I remember piss being an indication of hydration. Yellow was just dehydrated.

He talked about sediment in the piss?
Saying he saw it in this but not others when he was well hydrated and pissing regularly.
Not seeing sediment is likely due to going out more often in less dosages.

Someone explain what he was trying to prove and or why I'm supposed to be enraged.
I'm honesty just confused.
>>
>>41370390
Drinking water doesn't stress your kidneys. It is filtered through passively. It's not like your kidneys have to work extra to get rid of the water. He has a fundamental misunderstanding of how kidneys work. His piss is super concentrated because he is dehydrated. If he were to continue, his dehydration would making him hypotensive and he would start to kill his kidneys with hypoperfusion.

He's a retard. Don't take health advice from people that look like sallow gollum creatures.
>>
clenbuterol
>>
If you're seriously considering a water fast, make sure you get sodium in your body somehow. You won't retain any water if you don't eat.
>>
>>41370390
Also, his body isn't becoming more alkaline. Serum pH is very tightly controlled by the kidneys and lungs (7.35-7.45). "Getting rid of acid" and "making your body alkaline" is a bunch of manbun bullshit.
>>
>>41369146
You should stop being delusional
>have lots muscle too
kys
>>
>>41369083
This is biologically incorrect, fat is the most efficient form of storage in the body in terms of carbons reduced state, but it is the last source to be mobilized by the body. The body first utilizes blood glucose levels through insulin, then glycogen stores and gluconeogenesis in the liver, then breaks down amino acids of the muscles, and finally fat in adipose tissue. You can increase beta oxidation of fat by stimulating with epinephrine or caffeine, but this is the way the body works. Take a science class before spouting off nonsense.
>>
>>41370534
Okay I was right, he is just stupidly retarded.
>>
>>41368080
He didn't have any.
>>
>>41369135

lol same.
>>
>>41369085
Any tips on doing a month fast? When does the hunger go away?
>>
>>41369662
what kind of greek yogurt? plain or what
>>
>>41370685
I work a manual labour job lifting lots of heavy shit and eat far too much unhealthy shit.
>>
>>41369117
Autophagy bud, google it. The tl;dr version is that this is a process your body enters when you fast (both IF and EF) and it breaks down damaged cells (scar tissue is basically discount skin) for the amino acids needed in order to build new, healthy cells. There's this dude that went on a fast for 380 days (he was very morbidly obese) and by the time he was done he had no loose skin thanks to this. A nipponese doctor got a Nobel prize in 2016 for discoveries related to autophagy.
>>
>>41371767
>There's this dude that went on a fast for 380 days (he was very morbidly obese) and by the time he was done he had no loose skin

Holy shit. That's crazy. I will search, but do you have a name or source?

I was thinking that the morbidly obese could lose a lot of weight (not necessarily fasting), get down to about 25% body fat, get surgery to remove loose skin, then fast 30 days to remove the scars.

And people with really bad acne could have a cure as well. But this guy from OP is 20 years old as well, so I wonder how age factors into the equation.

>>41369117
They had some discussion of it here as well:

>reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/66v5bi/do_long_fasts_really_get_rid_of_scars/
>>
>>41371857
Here's the paper published based on the results of that fast

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

Also you can watch some Joe Rogan podcasts, in #935 they talk specifically about this case, also the Rhonda Patrick ones usually feature fasting/diet/supplementation shit.
>>
>>41371926
Thank you. It was in 1966 apparently. No names or pictures of the guy unfortunately. Why wouldn't they take fucking pictures and remove his face ffs?
>>
>>41369098
From what I`ve been reading it looks like:
>Want to lose weight
>eat less calories
>eat every couple of hours
>by eating every couple of hours no muscle sparing GH increase takes place
>muscles get eaten due to lower calories.
>Body goes to shit

I have been doing full day fasts since two weeks. The last five days I have been alternating between eating a day and fasting a day. So far I have lost 9 kilogram (~20lbs) and don`t seem to have lost strength. I still need to lose at least another 9 kilograms before I`m happy with my weight (want to get rid of that belly). I`m leaving town for a few days to visit family and after I return I`ll continue with alternate day fasting and I`ll cut out carbs while I`m at it. A 48 hour plus fast seems to have some good stuff going for it and I`ll do one of those too.
>>
>>41370133
>holy fuck is this real, I can't breathe

No I can't breathe. Just shat a gallon of water for broscience. Never do this.
>>
>>41368080
>28 day Water fast.
28 day water fasting info
Starting a fast ……
Day 1 to 3 of the fast will be the hardest, but the pain will be caused more by
gastric irritation and not true hunger. After day 3 of fasting, hunger is reduced or
disappears all together. The earliest benefit of a fast occurs on days 3-5. Days 7-14
will be healing, days 14-21 will be like a euphoric dream and days 21-28 will be
nothing short than a complete regeneration of the body.

top fucking kek
>>
>>41370575
Can I just dash some salt in my water or will salty water osmosis more water out of me
>>
>Do potential body harming fast
Yeah, might take me a little longer but I'll do it my own way
>>
>>41371953
Do you want that publicity as a guy that was morbidly obese enough to go 380 days of no food with no ill effects? If that were me, I'd opt for full anonymity as well tbqh senpai.

The other thing is that as you can observe in this thread there is a huge stigma on fasting. However, when you think about it for a second, it seems highly unreasonable that your body is some kind of a retard with scissors that stores fat for no reason other than to have you waste away with no muscle mass slower and suffer more, because if it was the case that it went straight through your muscles before it even touched your fat, then that would mean that your average neanderthal would die after being snowed in a cave for a couple of days, bears would become overgrown rats after hybernating, etc. It is really stupid to think that humans have existed for about 200 000 years, yet you're only alive by virtue of modern nutritional science based on discoveries made in the 20th century.
>>
>>41372015
That's pretty accurate desu
>>
>>41370745
Yeah but how long do these phases last? Does your body use amino acids from muscles at the same rate during ketosis?
>>
>>41372015
>>41372051
I wish

Day 1 was supposed to be the hardest day. It was piss easy for me. Because you're just hungry with no other symptoms.

Day 2 came with dizzyness, headaches, and nausea. I got slammed if I walked around or drove, I even had to take breaks from sitting down to lying down. Then to top it all off I got raped with a dose of acid reflux trying to sleep.

Day 3 was the same shit as day 2 except a random fever replaced the heartburn.

Day 4 it's obvious my body isn't running on glucose anymore because I felt fine in light activity. But it's the hungriest I've ever been in my life.

Fasting is not a 2 day gauntlet. For all I know day 5 is going to blow the most.
>>
>>41372067
Of course not. Especially not on fasting. Fasting reduces HGH and only breaks down damaged cells, not healthy muscles. During a fast especially if you're overweight your body will first consume any scar tissue including stretch marks, damaged cells as mentioned before, even cancer cells although I'm a bit sceptical about that, but keto and fasting help with cancer in general since tumors need glycogen to grow at their accelerated rates, any loose skin, etc. Apparently it even goes after damaged DNA a.k.a. 'reverses' the aging process.
>>
>>41372015
Can you drink black coffee when on a water fast?
>>
>>41368183
Are we talking about acne scars, accident scars or stretch marks?
>>
>>41372044
I agree with the second part of your post. A picture is worse a thousand words, and is of great importance to a scientific or medical evaluation like this.

Nowadays, they take pictures for just about everything. Even when you go to the dentist. I guess they just didn't have the cameras readily available at the time or something. The loose skin part is pretty important. I'm going to read the pdf, and see if it's mentioned, but either way am interested in reading it.
>>
File: 1457658059066.gif (483KB, 207x154px) Image search: [Google]
1457658059066.gif
483KB, 207x154px
>>41372114
no idea mate. I just googled water fast and quoted that from some chick blog.
Seems to be only T H I C C fatties that are doing this thing so they have plenty in reserves
>>
>>41372095
Depends on how shitty your lifestyle was prior to the fast.

I've done a 9, 11, and 30 day water fast and they've become progressively easier each time. My only complaint on the 30 day fast was the body odor and my energy level was so high I often felt restless.

Might be worthwhile to work up to a longer fast if you're having a hard time.
>>
>>41372148
>Might be worthwhile to work up to a longer fast if you're having a hard time.

The problem is it sucks so bad I feel like I'll never get another chance if I quit because fuck doing this again. And the more I suffer, the more I'm throwing away by quitting. Everyone claims you eventually make it to the point where it's easy and its slowly downhill. What if I quit one day before? All that for nothing.

I also wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't very overweight. If I get up to it again, my weight might be too low after normal dieting to see the benefit.
>>
To all the fasters in this thread: did you ever yo-yo back to your original weight or started to binge?
>>
>>41369083
>Fat is dead weight to the body
So is muscle, except muscle burns more calories per unit of weight, so it's dead weight and a freeloader too
>>
>>41372197
Take some exogenous ketones. The thing that nobody talks about fasting is that it is a lot easier if you actually ease into it. You need essential mineral supplements like potassium and calcium, especially the former if you experience any cramps. I did PSMF for 2 weeks before I went full water meme and so I was in ketosis to begin with, that's a huge obstacle to not have in your way. 110 hours in so far, can't say it's peachy, but I've definitely had worse. Gotta break a few fasts to have a 6 pack :^)

On the other hand not everyone is the same and fasting just might not be for you. Either mentally of physically.
>>
I did a 30 day water fast went from 250 to 205 I started around 30 % bodyfat dropped to around 10% .

I drank at least a gallon of water a day sometimes more.I also had salt and a multivitamin which is vital

I walked everymorning for an hour and everynight for an hour

Lifted 3x a week but basic and heavy with few sets

Like bench 2x 3-5 I also got stronger on everything

The first week sucked but dam after I felt amazing I could see the fat going away daily.I went from 42 pants to 34 XXL shirt to L almost medium
>>
>>41372114
I wouldn't. Toxins and other shit are released from you system. Why go through all the effort if you're going to be putting something like coffee, which has it's own junk in the body.

Not that it's bad, but I wouldn't. I would drink decaf green tea maybe.
>>
>>41372302
I'm on day 15 of 30. The temptation to break the fast has been really high the last 3-4 days. How did you make it to 30 without giving up?
>>
>>41368092
holy broscience batman
>>
>>41372257
kys
>>
>>41372409

It was hard but I saw changes in my body daily so that kept me going.My man tits and love handles were literally disappearing
>>
>>41370685
Why can are fat person not pack loads of muscle mass?
Retarded newfag get out, fat people can hold a lot more muscle than ripped.
>>
>>41372302
Very impressive Anon. Can you share some wisdom? My biggest fear is that I might faint at work, or that I perform even worse than I do now at my tasks.
>>
>>41372475

Make your your actually drinking water I know it sounds ridiculous but people have like a liter and thats it.That wont cut it esp when summer comes around you also should take salt that very vital along with a multivtiamin.Dont do things that are really exhausting if you know if you know you dont feel good eat something dont try to go on or you will pass out
>>
>>41372510
How much salt are we talking about?
>>
>>41372519

It depends on your weight but a gram should do they also have salt tablets with potassium and iodine in them
>>
>>41372510
Can you do this while working a normal 9 to 5 job? I'm thinking of just going very low calories for a while, but not a complete fast because I have to work 5 days a week.
>>
>>41372533 (checked)
K thanks, I`ll get some.
>>
>>41372356
>Toxins

Toxins is a bullshit term
>>
>>41369073
>>41368080
>>41368080

THat makes me realize we will be the first to die or harm their body in case of hunger problems. A bit overweight porkchop will have at least a month of energy stored in his body and could go by without seriously damaging his organs in that time.
An average /fit/izen, which is I'm guessing 13-15%bf, will start burning their muscles and organ tissues just after a weak.
Not like it's likely scenario, but war never seems likely. Obviously in time of peace low body fat body is way more optimal.
>>
>>41372694
our*
week*
fuck*
>>
>>41372593
just do it the normal way. It's not a race, dud. You'll look good for the next summer
>>
>>41371767
>There's this dude that went on a fast for 380 days (he was very morbidly obese) and by the time he was done he had no loose skin thanks to this

sauce?
>>
>>41373181
A 27-year-old male patient fasted under supervision for 382 days and has subsequently maintained his normal weight. Blood glucose concentrations around 30 mg/100 ml were recorded consistently during the last 8 months, although the patient was ambulant and attending as an out-patient. Responses to glucose and tolbutamide tolerance tests remained normal. The hyperglycaemic response to glucagon was reduced and latterly absent, but promptly returned to normal during carbohydrate refeeding. After an initial decrease was corrected, plasma potassium levels remained normal without supplementation. A temporary period of hypercalcaemia occurred towards the end of the fast. Decreased plasma magnesium concentrations were a consistent feature from the first month onwards. After 100 days of fasting there was a marked and persistent increase in the excretion of urinary cations and inorganic phosphate, which until then had been minimal. These increases may be due to dissolution of excessive soft tissue and skeletal mass. Prolonged fasting in this patient had no ill-effects.

>>
Do you guys who try water fasting have no job or school or something? You just sit home all day?
>>
>>41373377
Probably, it is the ultimate shortcut for fat neets to get slim lel. Then again, I work a physical job and have done alternate day fasting myself while still hauling shit around. You need to go slower and keep electrolyte balance to not pass out with 150lbs crashing down on you, but it's doable. But to completely fast for prolonged periods of time while still functioning? Doubtful without heinous amounts of stimulants, and that will bring its own problems after a while.
>>
>>41373377
What makes you think having a job changes anything? People even lift on water fasts and make progress.
>>
>>41372409

Buy your least favourite tooth paste and every time you crave shitty foods brush your teeth with it, really puts you off eating.
>>
>>41368092
do you write articles for womens health?
>>
>>41373552
>where do you work out?
>in the library
You're a living meme, bud. Don't mean to be condescending, but have you thought that maybe not everyone is a construction worker or a ditch digger?

Seriously, how much of a cunt do you have to be in order to berate people for making a positive change in their life, especially since it requires a tremendous amount of willpower and discipline? Compensating much?
>>
>>41373377
It doesn't deteriorate your mental capabilities
>>
>>41369469
please stop giving people advice
>>41371690
you need to have cheat days where refeeding coincides with training days in order to maintain strength
>>41371702
not him but just check the food label for protein content if you have a selection of flavors that you like
>>41372114
you are going to palpitate and tremble
>>41373377
I dont do water fasting but I have a housemate who has done all sorts of crash dieting to success without interfering with his work since he does offshore jobs.
>>41373552
you need to read more. there's all sorts of food choices, supplementation and timing factors that help to alleviate hunger and maintain energy levels. you will still lose strength but done right it shouldnt be more than 5-10%
>>
>>41368080
This is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of, is this what /fit/ has become?
SS + GOMAD I can at least laugh at but this shit?
>>
>>41373751
t. retard

>>41373329
>>
>>41372275
I realized a few days in I could've gotten on a ketogenic diet before the fast so the body doesn't try to run on glucose

You're stomach would feel terrible, but at least your stamina would be fine
>>
>>41372356
>Toxins

Leave
>>
>>41373329
>skeletal mass

wut does it eat your skeleton?
>>
>>41372302
Got any pictures to back these claims up.
>>
>>41372257
lol
>>
>>41373329
I read the paper. Didn't see any mention of him not having loose skin after the weight loss, though I'm not doubting it's possible.

They didn't take any pictures of the guy either.
>>
Can't find any sodium chloride tablets at 2 pharmacies

Tried to finger dab table salt, the taste was unbearable

What the fuck do I do. I'm horrible at drinking a shitload of water.
>>
>>41373329
Made no mention of his loose skin or lack thereof.
>>
So how is water fasting any different than using DNP in that you're not solving the problem, you're treating the symptom?

Weight gain or being fat isn't the problem, a shitty lifestyle, lack of ability to eat healthy or cook, and poor willpower to not eat shitty is the problem. The only one of these you solve doing a fast is willpower, and even then, it's the will power to NOT eat, not the will power to avoid bad food while still eating.

Unless you weigh 400+lbs, this is a meme and retarded.
>>
>>41375252
You're not using a drug, but you're own will power.

Mr. "A B" from >>41373329 kept a normal weight 5 years after his 382 day fast. He went from 450 lbs to 180, and 5 years later was 196. 180 was right after the fast, so 196 is probably his reasonable weight after reintroducing food.
>>
>>41375252
Obviously a lot of people lose weight rapidly and immediately gain it back because they don't change their habits. But this could happen if you lose weight slowly too, it all depends on why exactly you overeat. Personally I overeat out of boredom or depression. How would losing weight slowly change that? The will power you are talking about is independent of fast vs slow weight loss.

I used a weight loss calculator to see how long it would take to reach my medically ideal weight of 160 pounds from 260 pounds (hardly 400+ pounds). If I changed by habits to normal consumption of 2000 calories, it would take 450 days to reach a normal weight. 280 days if I eat 1500 calories. And the curve for this is suspiciously flat, I don't think it's correcting for reduced BMR with weight loss.

But the real reasons I like to lose weight fast: If I lose weight too slow, I get disinterested because there's no fast results to motivate me. It's also easier to eat responsibly when you are thinner because your BMR drops, so the sooner you get there the sooner you can benefit from that.

And if you've been fat your whole life, fuck being fat for another year.
>>
File: 5825a87382bae-430x575[1].jpg (57KB, 430x575px) Image search: [Google]
5825a87382bae-430x575[1].jpg
57KB, 430x575px
Oi m8s! Here is the bloke that vent 382 days wifout eating.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/tale-angus-barbieri-fasted-year-lost-21-stone/

I still haven't found anyfing about his skin being loose or not. Tally-ho!
>>
>>41375252
cause you can lose weight quickly instead of waiting years
>>
i've been on a water fast via acid reflux

lost majority of my muscle and 15 lbs so far. i get dizzy/head rush whenever i lie down and wake up.

my chest hurts but thats because of the acid reflux. face is lean tho
>>
>>41375515
I had acid reflux because of fasting. It fucking blows. Use milk of magnesia
>>
>>41372510

there have not been a single study to proof that multivitamins are being correctly absorbed by your body, in fact there is a study that shows a higher risk of stroke and heart disease rise if taken multivitamins and even mortality exceeds. I also remember a study i read coule of weeks ago about a correlation of daily multivitamins and cancer risk.

Overall its just another fraud like people who buy BCAA supplements. Its so stupid.
>>
Did fit suddenly turn into a bunch of brain dead retards or am I just missing a meme
>>
>>41375999
Suddenly? Do your research, buddy. Your ancestors didn't have groceries, and had to kill to eat.

Fasting or IF is better than taking roids or other supplements I see discussed here. And can have many positive health effects.
>>
>>41376075
>>41375468
How do you combat the yo-yo effect? That's the biggest thing I'm concerned about.
>>
>>41376075
IF is different from a month long fast nigga.
>>
>>41376101
>How do you combat the yo-yo effect? That's the biggest thing I'm concerned about.

I've never completed a long term fast before

But I have lost ~60 pounds quickly on two different occasions in my life. I never had a yo-yo effect. I stabilized by just eating a normal amount of calories. I eventually got fat again both times because I overate, a lot.
>>
>>41376101

dont start eating 3k kcal right after its done. Slowly eat more and more and give your body time to get used to it again. Its not that hard
>>
Does someone have an infographic or a link on exactly how to water fast? Like how much salt I should be taking per body weight, are multivitamins a good or bad idea, other tips and tricks etc?

I really kinda want to try this. I've been 18:6 fasting for nearly 3 months on ultra low carbs (basically keto, though I probably don't eat enough dietary fat, so maybe somewhere between keto and PSMF) and I've lost 48lbs, but I constantly get worried about loose skin. Did some research on autophagy and shit looks like it makes a lot of sense.

Help me starve myself for 30 days bros.
>>
Starving your body by not eating any food at all for 4 weeks is an efficient way to lose weight, who would have thought.
>>
File: 1484600504570.png (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484600504570.png
61KB, 500x375px
>>41368080
>The Naked and Afraid Diet
>>
>>41376168

just try it on your own, maybe for like 1 week and see what happens. If you actually feel really bad, don't continue. People are different.
>>
>>41376101
You don't. Guarantee this guy gains it all back in a short period of time. Put the energy and time you were going to use to starve yourself and start developing good habits.
>>
>>41376209
I can't nigga I like to research and plan this shit but everything in google is about PSMF or ADF or IF. Can't find great info on extended fasting.
>>
Reminder that there are no shortcuts or alternatives to a healthy diet and a (potentially slow but) steady progress. Doing overly long fasts unsupervised is dangerous mom-science-tier bullshit. Even for a fatass it can be damaging because losing weight to fast might PERMANENTLY damage your joints and ligaments. It sure as hell won't help you get strong or fit. Stop falling for memes, eat clean and train hard.
>>
>>41376349
>fasting can damage your joints and ligaments

Source? Autophagy (achieved from a 14-30 day fast) can actually repair/heal scar tissue from injuries and/or surgery.

Are you talking about a calcium deficiency? You could just take a vitamin for that and/or have a Miscellar Casien shake daily (it will have 100 kcal, 30 of which will be burned during digestion).
>>
>>41376510
read my post again. A fatty on here who can't get a normal diet right, should do such a long fast UNSUPERVISED. And if he COULD already keep it in check, he wouldn't need it. I can see a point in fasting for therapeutic reasons, but not for a recovering fatty on his own.
>>
>>41376168
>>41376236
It's probably better to be in a ketosis diet before you fast so your body doesn't have to try to run on non-existent glucose in the first few days

For 30 days, which is as long as you should go anyway, you need potassium and magnesium so you don't get cramps and heart arrhythmia, which is what's really gunning to kill you. You need sodium to retain water so you're not constantly dehydrated despite drinking your ass off. And calcium because why not. That's almost all the electrolytes.

Also magnesium and potassium protect you from refeeding syndrome when you start eating again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome

Eat light the first two days. Avoid sugars and carbohydrate so you won't spike your glucose, preferably foods with magnesium and potassium, and food that's high in probiotics to restore the bacteria ecosystem in your gut.

That's all I know. Stop fasting if you have bad headaches, bad cramps, and heart arrhythmia, or any other weird symptom that's severe.
>>
>>41376565
>>41376510
Also many fatties already have bad legs in general and specifically knees, so they are in a state where they want to actually build muscle to support these and lose weight to get pressure away from them. And that can't be achived simply by fasting.
And assuming your not a fatty, what is the point in fasting other than getting to very very low levels of bodyfat for short periods of time? It won't make you stronger or fitter in any way, other than MAYBE the advocated regenerative effect that is not proven to actually happen to everyone fasting. If it is, please prove a legit source.
>>
I watched this video earlier and started fasting.
Planned for a week, Been 2 days now.
I'm not and have never been obese.
I-is my metabolism fucked? Will i become a pig once eating again?
>>
>>41376101
I fasted for 30 days and continued to lose weight after the fast.

Fasting resets your taste buds so raw fruits and vegetables taste fantastic. It also really helped to curb my sugar addiction. Now I just maintain a really clean diet and do short fasts every once in a while.
>>
>>41376592
Any idea what supplement would cover all this? I already take ZMA so magnesium shouldn't be an issue
>>
>>41376592
After a 30 day fast, how did you reintroduce food? How many cals per day? I'm assuming it's better to slowly build it up.
>>
>>41368080
This is some "PROFESSIONAL TRAINER HATE HIM" pornhub ad tier lies
>>
>>41375477
This is believable. Humans have the capacity to live off fat like animals that hibernate
>>
>>41376565
>>41376647
No one's saying unsupervised, but of coarse it's at your own risk. The study below mentioned some patients dying that had previous health conditions. They stressed caution, but did say long-term fasting for the morbidly obese is a viable option if closely monitored.

Periodic fasting such as IF or every other day, or the 44 hour weekly fast, etc. aren't bad options for non-obese people that want to lose stubborn pounds.

Periodic fasting does increase HGH and lowers blood pressure and glucose. Muscle loss is minimal or not at all. Some even gain strength. It's recommended not to do it if BMI is 18 or lower.

As far as morbidly obese people losing muscle while periodic or prolonged fasting (up to 30 days). That's kind of a non-issue. They will have a huge long-term benefit on their skeletal system from losing the weight. Any muscle loss will be minimal in a prolonged fast, and can quickly be regained. The body will eat away mostly fat.
>>
>>41376706
>I-is my metabolism fucked?

No way. Your metabolism will get faster.

>Will i become a pig once eating again?

It's possible. If you eat excessively, you can put it all back on. But you will likely have more self control because you will have exercised your will power to fast for a week. You can always do Intermittent Faster once you're done. There are lots of variations to IF like the 44 hour weekly fast found below. Best of luck, anon.

fitnessunderoath.com/the44hourdiet_prepubversion.pdf
>>
File: 1476526218918.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476526218918.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>41376938
Holy shit thank you.
Replying here is retarded without argument but fuck dude, thanks.
>>
>>41368521
Yeah you can lose 15 pounds in a day obviously
>>
>>41376756
>In critically ill patients admitted to an Intensive Care Unit, if phosphate drops to below 0.65 mmol from a previously normal level within three days of starting enteral or parenteral nutrition, caloric intake should be reduced to 480 kcals per day for at least two days whilst electrolytes are replaced.

Probably no need to be that conservative if you aren't on the brink of death. There's plenty of people who say fuck it and eat normally and don't have problems. There's also people who eat fruit and drink fruit juice which spikes their glucose, and nothing happens. I'm going to do about 1000 calories myself.
>>
>>41376727
Don't know. Whats really annoying is potassium supplements are like legally 3% DV per pill.
>>
So can I do a 40 day fast without taking any supplements and be alright? I am not obese or anything, but I am above normal weight.
>>
File: WSJ Fasting Article.png (411KB, 692x1967px) Image search: [Google]
WSJ Fasting Article.png
411KB, 692x1967px
>>41376970
No problem, anon. I thought IF was hardcore at first. Then I saw OP, then I read about the guy who water fasted 382 days, losing 275 lbs.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/tale-angus-barbieri-fasted-year-lost-21-stone/

Study:

Just be careful. If you are a generally healthy adult (no preexisting medical conditions, etc.), you should be alright with a week fast. Even if you're a bit overweight. Just drink plenty of water, do your research, and be careful.

Here's another article you might want to check out. You'll have lots of free time to research on your own.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/16/complete-guide-fasting.aspx
>>
>>41372107
Depends of type of cancer. Brain cancer loves its ketones.

On the whole keto-cancer thing, see here for summary and sources: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/757713_3
>>
>>41377054
Found a supplement with
>400mg potassium
>320mg Chloride
>200mg Calcium
>100mg magnesium
>210mg Sodium
10bucks 180 capsules, 90 servings
Would link but this product seems to not exist on the american version of myprotein.com
>>
>>41376756
Your body's hormones should be well balanced and your satiety response should be completely repaired after a 30 day fast. Eat until you start to feel full.
>>
The longest I've done was 10 days but that was almost two years ago. I want to try for even longer but it's really boring. That's one thing I noticed is that most people just stuff their face out of habit and needing something to do
>>
>>41376977
Are you fucking retarded? Genuine question.
>>
>>41377228
>>41377043
Thanks, anons

I've already been doing IF, so I'm going to start today and see how long I can go.
>>
>>41372302
>obese 250
>to 10% 200 pounds in 30 days

lol no.

I've been doing a strict diet for 6 months and have lost the same weight, while lifting, and am knocking on 20%'s door.
>>
>>41377063
Fuck no

40 days is at the limit for what a healthy fat person can achieve. Even if you could withstand feeling like you're going to die of malnutrition, you'd fuck yourself up. If you aren't obese there's no point in fasting. The supposed health benefits of short term fasting aren't even understood.
>>
>>41377267
I'll habitually do fasts now. I feel rejuvenated after two weeks. I just use it as a deload period. Tempted to dirty bulk for a few months and see how much strength I can gain, followed by a week of clean eating, followed by maybe a month long fast just to see how my gains hold up.
>>
>>41375999

>turn into

Heh
>>
>>41376977
You dense fucking nigger
>>
>>41369118
dude kid has probably never trained in his fat life before so he 'thinks' he does INSANE/hard workouts like any normie does when beginning training
>>
>>41378028
Watch the video. He had been working with a PT for a year prior to fasting and only did very light exercises to stimulate his muscles during the fast.
>>
>215lbs
>23-24%ish bodyfat
>fail tape inna amry
>have about 90 days to get below 20%bf or below 185lbs

Should I fast or can this be achieved natty at like a 1500 cal diet?
>>
>>41378994
how tall are you
>>
>>41379008
Between 5'10 and 5'11 depending on who's measuring.
>>
>>41379014
either option works, but if you wanna go fast, fast
>>
File: 1490359979014.png (92KB, 264x228px) Image search: [Google]
1490359979014.png
92KB, 264x228px
>>41368080
>tfw looking like Day 28 atm
i guess im making it
>>
>>41369085
This, though I've only gone 5 days without food but have been cutting for ages.

The body is actually designed to go long periods without food, it can handle it, you won't become a brain dead zombie, you obviously wont be at peak performance by a long shot but you can function.

The hunger pangs exist though, they come and go in cramps to serve as a reminder, they arent there permanently to disable you.
>>
It is true, i follow his channel. He was a fatty and then a month later normal weight.

He was like half dead in some of his streams though.
>>
File: 1493079325355.jpg (52KB, 663x663px) Image search: [Google]
1493079325355.jpg
52KB, 663x663px
>>41373585
kek
>>
>>41379234
ok
>>
>You need to go slower and keep electrolyte balance to not pass out

Lmao this, I'm doing intermittent fasting 20/4 and I can't do HIIT on it. Ran for the train up a flight of stairs once before I hit a fasted state (I was maybe 11 hours without eating) and it depleted my glycogen so hard that instead of hitting the wall, I started blacking out lol

Sat on the escalator going down, then did the same on the one going back up. Stood up, puked twice in front of everyone, and then I felt like a god for the rest of the day. Fasting is awesome.

I've also retained almost all my muscle mass as opposed to eating 3x500 calorie meals a day (felt so fucking weak doing that) and every day feels like a cheat day. It's weird to stuff your belly and see the weight drop off. I'm considering doing a prolonged fast, and I think I'll try it when I'm 15-20 lbs from my goal weight.

20/4 is pretty easy for me. If I did any sort of alternate day fasting, I would probably fast for 2-3 days as opposed to 1. Anyone have input on this?
>>
>>41379418
I'd also like to take a moment to talk about the other effects of fasting.

I used to have palpitations and aortal fuckups every single day. Blood sugar was doing whatever the fuck it wanted... I was constantly getting checked for diabetes and it came back negative, but I would feel speedy if I ate a decent amount of sugar, and often throughout the day I would almost faint from low blood sugar. It felt like being hit with the high from weed edibles, but not as nice.

Since I've starting IF, those have ceased completely. I've only had one heart fuckup since, and that one scary experience at the train station. Every day has been blissful for me. I get way less panic attacks, too. And I don't have to pull my hair out over going to a restaurant, because chances are it's at night and I can eat all my calories at once. I have generally more energy throughout the day and it definitely goes down if I don't stick to the 20/4 schedule for a few days in a row. I had to take a week easy doing 16/8 and eating about 2000 calories a day, and I felt like shit again but it was to recover from being sick, and it worked. Now I'm back on the horse and I can't wait to cook ONE meal today and stuff my face.

Unsure why I waited so long to do this. Previously, if I ate out, I would feel guilty since I usually had already eaten 1000 calories in breakfast and lunch. I can't state enough how it's like a cheat day every day for me now. If anyone here is thinking of doing IF or alternate day fasting, I encourage you to do it and to stick to it. It fucking works. You're no longer an insulin slave.
>>
File: 1480917312669.png (250KB, 416x396px) Image search: [Google]
1480917312669.png
250KB, 416x396px
>>41369085
>I only hate two bananas and an apple daily for 28 days.
>>
>>41379744
Dude, you're probably a grown man saving and posting animoo pictures. Just stop and think about that for a second. LOL pathetic man.
>>
>>41369085
are you fucking iroh or something lad?
>>
File: 1481290994061.jpg (10KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481290994061.jpg
10KB, 281x200px
>>41379832
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.