[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ab Roller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Are Ab Rollers a meme /fit/? Probably one of my favorite ab workouts. I feel like it's a good overall abdominal workout with some stress on the back muscles.
>>
>>41364400
This shit feels like death
>>
>>41364400
Its a meme but one that works. Ab roller and hanging leg raises are the two goat ab exercises.

Doing crunches holding a weight to your chest is really bad for your spine
>>
>>41364400
ive stopped doing them cause my knees gets bruised and it looks like i suck dick for a living.
>>
>>41364542
I usually throw my towel under my knees and it helps.
>>
>>41364542
That's why you put a folded towel or a sponge on them...

>caveman discovers fire
>anon can't fold a towel because of the 'tism

Fk sake
>>
>can easily do 3x15 of these on my knees
>can't do one rep on my feet
Why
>>
Amazin ab workout. I cant do them, intense pain in my left hip up to my lower abdomen. Im foamrolling and it seems to help but it will take some time till I can do them again

Dragon flags are top tier as well.
>>
>>41365581
going from 0 to being able to do a kneeling ab wheel is easier then going from where you are to a standing ab wheel.

your gonna need to be doing some progression. i have been working on it for 5 months. still cant do a fully stretched standing ab wheel. but kneeling ab wheels are almost cardio now.
>>
>>41364400
I have to superset them with something or do like a 100 reps to get any results from them, they are absolute shit on their own.
>>
>>41364400
>>41365641
Same boat.
Im doing 5x10 atm and barerly feel them anymore.
Wish my gym had a weight vest to use or maybe its time to try standing.
>>
>>41365719
Just place a 10kg plate on your upper back, should be stable enough. I do them 3x10, preddy good workout desu
>>
The only ab-workout I don't passionately hate, but it makes my eyes explode out of my head.
>>
They're really fucking hard to do but I never feel like I've sufficiently worked my core after I'm done
>>
>>41364400
I see it more as a stretching exercise. You aren't going to build impressive abs with it.
>>
>>41366765
>You aren't going to build impressive abs with it.
you better explain this cause it seems pretty stupid
>>
>>41366935
don't bother asking el autismo to explain it.

OP, i always thought it was a meme, but tried it anyway- it's like 12 bucks for one off amazon. ever had ab DOMS? with this shit, you will, it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>41364542
Why are you on your knees?
>>
>>41366935
What part of it don't you understand?
>>41366955
>the dyel calls me an autist
>>
>>41367006
Nigger how do you not know what i meant? And it was only 1 part. Im saying explain why you arent going to build impressive abs with it. Do yuo have any sources on this? What makes you say it? Things like that are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>41367006
>I see it more as a stretching exercise

It doesn't matter how you 'see it', if done right it works the muscle you fucking sperg.

>implying I'm somehow a dyel and you're anything special

if you want some sort of recognition, go tripfag around like a little princess.
>>
>>41365719
>>41365674
>>41365641
>>41365581

I was in the same boat until today. Experiment with putting a platform on the ground and then the mat/towel on the platform to add cushion to your knees. This increase in height will add more weight on the wheel from the increased vertical angle. Tried today and I'm back to doing 5-8 reps and feeling it.
>>
>>41367047
>>41367050
Holy fuck you dyels are obnoxious. I should actually turn into a tripfag to guide this herd of stupid skinnyfat morons.

Post your impressive abs you got from doing abs rolling, I could use a good laugh.
>>
>>41367108
260lb BP, 165 OHP at 150lb BW, hardly a 'dyel'.

GFY, special snowflake.
>>
>>41367108
Nigger all im asking you to do is explain it. Can you please just explain your reasoning?
>>
>>41367128
>150 lbs
Have you tried eating?
>>
>>41367146
5'7" 'manlet'. around 12% BF. still probably outlift most fags here.
>>
>>41364400
I love doing these though next day if I sneeze it feels like God just gut punched me
>>
>>41364990
You know this from excessive dick sucking not ab roller usage right?
>>
>>41367186
>>41367186
I cant believe someone actually thought this was funny
>>
>>41367047
Probably because ab rolling is an isometric exercise, which is good for building endurance, but not for building muscle mass. You won't build big biceps by holding a dumbbell in a static curled position. You won't build blocky abs by holding your stomach tense. You need to fight resistance, things like weighted leg raises and cable crunches.
>>
>>41367953
Ok so why not both? Its pretty well known the best 2 movements to combine into a workout routine are ab wheel and leg raises.
>>
>>41364542
GIT GUD and do it on your feet
>>
>>41365581
Don't try to fully extend. See how far you can go and still get back and progress from there. Do it against a wall if that helps.
>>
>>41365674
>I have to superset them with something or do like a 100 reps to get any results from them, they are absolute shit on their own.
Do them on your feet then. If you can do 100 on your feet you're either doing something wrong or you are Chackie Chan on Super Soldier serum.
>>
>>41365984
>The only ab-workout I don't passionately hate, but it makes my eyes explode out of my head.
Try to breathe in slower/later when you extend.
>>
>>41368071
>pretty well known
Nice broscience
>>
>>41369383
>Nice broscience
how si saying something is well known bro science? Especially since im agreeing with you?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.