[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTHOT - Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 34

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
Last one's dying, just like my faith in error propagation.

Anyways, here's a thread for quick questions that you were to embarrassed to ask somewhere that isn't an anonymous imageboard. But that's okay, you're not alone.

Speaking of dumb questions, I've recently gotten into running more seriously. My latest half-marathon time was about 1:48. I was wondering, How feasible is it to cut down my time to about 1:35? I'm planning on running the SF half-marathon and wanted to see how feasible of a goal this was. Thoughts?
>>
how do i increase pushups? ive been stuck on 40 for 2months now
>>
I'm 173 cm 75 kg Manlet.
Do I reduce my weight to 68kg and then maintain or eat at slight surplus while doing 5x5 +accessories
Or
Do 5x5 earlier but at a deficit (won't be able to get enough protein because meat and protein powder is expensive here)?
>>
18 year old 5'11" Asian male here. Will I grow taller?

My dad is 5'6" and my mom is 5'2", and they both grew up malnourished in some irrelevant literal who country.

Have I reached my genetic potential, or will I be able to hit 6'?
>>
>>41358239
https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
>>41358244
5'11 is enough
Also there are other ways to get taller
>fom roll upper spine
>stretch hip flexors
>lift
>wear insoles
>>
>>41358264
>>fom roll upper spine
>>stretch hip flexors
>>lift
How do these help with height? Just curious.

>insoles
Any brand you recommend? Also, how much should I wear before it starts to look ridiculous/high heels? 0.5", 1", 1.5", 2"?
>>
>>41358247
Seems like an interesting approach.

However I'd like to point out that I'm at about 22-24%bf right now according to the us navy formula while candito says you should recomp from 18-20 to 13%

What do?
>>
>>41358276
Posture. With the foam rolling hug yourself to better expose spine. Feels great btw and get a very hard foam roller
I have 0.8cm for medical reasons. I don't think people will notice 2" insoles I mean how could they if you still fit in the shoe?
>>
>>41358305
>I have 0.8cm for medical reasons. I don't think people will notice 2" insoles I mean how could they if you still fit in the shoe?
kek true, but doesn't it affect your gait and make you look odd/stand out? But anyway, which insoles brand should I get?
>>
>>41358299
Cut down then recomp. You'll make gains anyway on a degicit if you're a beginner. Start 5x5 now no matter what why wait?
>>
>>41358316
Should consist of cork and leather I guess. The fuck do I know about insole brands? Who wears them for non medical reasons?
>>
>>41358341
>Who wears them for non medical reasons?
Koreans
>>
>>41358322
My reasons for waiting are twofold: I'm not very consistent so I am trying to stick to 20minsof daily cardio and tracking my food. Secondly nutritional issues. If I eat like I'm eating rn I'll get only 1g protein per kilo.
But you're right. I should get the membership asap

Thanks a ton
>>
>>41358348
You're 5'11 azn with gamer posture. You ARE tall
>>
>>41358428
Nah senpai, I live in America and feel average as fuck. Lots of short Asians, sure, but damn I feel like a manlet when those hoards of international Chinese students walk together
>>
I remember reading if you have a push pull imbalance with stronger pushing, your pecs will pull your shoulders forward and round them.
What are the symptoms of stribger pull?
>>
>>41358083
Protein. Take it every day, or just on gym days?
>>
>>41358132
Pushups mostly work triceps and chest, so isolations of both of those groups will lead to an overall increase
>>
>>41358244
Unless you're incredibly sensitive about it, don't worry. If you are incredibly sensitive about it, stop it. Height doesn't matter unless you make it matter, just be the best you can be physically, mentally and personality-wise.
>inb4 but these cherrypicked pictures of people on the internet prove that you're wrong
>>
>>41359104
Your protein intake shouldnt vary. Just eat the amount of proteins you consume on your training Day.
>>
>>41358456
Why would the international Chinese ones be any taller? Aren't they mostly around 5"6?
>>
>>41359288
Thanks
>>
>>41359342
Also: 2g/kg bodyweight is enough. Its not harmfull to eat more though, just not nescessary.
>>
Hey I'm 6'2" 190 i used to be a competitive swimmer so I have some lean mass still but rn im just skinny fat. I also have been smoking cigarettes for about a year now. Do cigarettes impact gains a lot? 20 y.o. btw
>>
>>41358132
Maybe you're just doing better pushups.
>>
While in cutting im slowly losing weight but I dont appear leaner. I thought it might be water retention or some shit, but I look the same as a month ago. ?
>>
Is it possible that I'm losing muscle if my lifts stay the same or go up during a cut?
>>
>>41359595
where have you started where are you now and how big is the deficit?
>>
Hey, are you working out?
>>
>>41359613
Las month was at 75 kg, Now at 72. Currently eating ~1750 kcal and doping 20 mins of cardio every day. About bodyfat in bot that sure. I can see well defined top, but the lowest ones are just kind of outlined and there is still some lower belly flab
>>
I lift tues/thurs/sat and have work sometimes on those days, Housekeeping for around 6 or more hours.
Should I only have yesterday as a rest day and lift today on a day off? Would doing this affect my performance?
>>
>>41359702
Doping=doing
In bot= im not

Damn non english autocorrect
>>
>>41359702
And missed saying that in talking about top and bot abs. Not my day
>>
File: 1494025499482 - Copy.jpg (11KB, 324x310px) Image search: [Google]
1494025499482 - Copy.jpg
11KB, 324x310px
Am I supposed to feel bodyweight squats mostly in my inner thighs (Abductors)? I just read over the squat section of starting strength and I finally feel it there for the first time and I didn't have any knee pain. I got an injury around 2-3 weeks in when I started lifting.
>>
>>41359702
Just go on you lose weight and I too lose the lower back and lower belly fat after everything else so dont worry too much about that. It will eventually go away if your bodyfat ist low enough.
>>
Anybody have a suggestion for a good 6 days a week program focusing on strenght ?
>>
Doing stronglifts 5x5. Should I add accessory workouts for my upper arms? They don't feel worked enough.
>>
>>41359763
>>41359763
2suns 531 lp has a 6day version.
>>
>>41359788
Do you mean your biceps? Go ahead it's fine
>>
What are some good recipes for lentils? How to make them more tasty or in large bunches
>>
>>41359750
You should feel it in your glutes, adductors and hamstrings
>>
>>41359609
No
>>41359457
Lower test maybe
>>
File: 1470211916428.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1470211916428.gif
13KB, 633x758px
What does it feel like to have arms that are 3x the size they were when you were a skinny little fella? Is it weird? I can't even imagine....
>>
File: 7ec.png (40KB, 645x552px) Image search: [Google]
7ec.png
40KB, 645x552px
6'0'' & 240lb

I'm very lost guys

I hate seeing myself in mirrors and outside in windows in public. I hate eating compulsively and just out of fucking boredom. I hate feeling disgusting when I'm walking with my gut jiggling about

I don't know what to do. I've been fat all throughout conscious life and never developed any social skills because of a fatherless childhood

I really need guidance. Does anyone recommend any websites or books to get started with? I've already read the sticky

I want to run for miles without heavy baggage and walk on the beach without feeling like a slob anymore
>>
what does fit think about tall grills? tall as in 6ft or even taller
>>
>>41360245
everything just seems smaller anon
>>
Tell me the difference in results appearance wise.

>lunges and squats only bodyweight sets of 30±
>those with weights and less reps
>>
File: image.gif (23KB, 400x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
23KB, 400x447px
hey lads i had a girl come up and take pictures of me during my ohp

what should i of done

also will doing planks & situps along with SL 5x5 be enough to develop a strong core
>>
So if you have a lot of testosterone, you build a lot muscle, are more dominant and aggressive, have a better mood etc.
It would be best to maximize your test, right?

But what if I wanted the benefits of estrogen Shiny hair, clear skin, boyish face etc?

If high estrogen stymies testosterone and vice versa, would it be better to cycle focus on one hormone?

Like, for one month, you lift weights, eat red meat, eat certain legumes, eat fats, all so you can build muscle.
Then the next month, do cardio, eat soy, abstain from fats to get the benefits of estrogen.

Would that work?
>>
>>41360327
Stop eating. Stop comaining.
Go to the gym.
>>
I have maybe 2-3 lbs to reach my goal weight but I'm lean now, and after months of cutting, my moods are terrible, my lifts are shit, and i've started bingeing because I'm so hungry.

Time to stop cutting? Or keep going? How do I stop thinking that i'll be happy once I'm very lean?
>>
How does one dominate in bed? Not in a BDSM kind of way, but in a way where you're telling her what to do?

Like, what kind of things do I say or do
>>
>>41360429
>telling her what to do
>telling her
You already fucked up. Never gonna make it.
>>
>>41360394
None because that's babyweight
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (26KB, 306x388px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
26KB, 306x388px
Alright boys give it to me straight I really need some help here. I used to be in """"decent""" shape a few years back but recently it has all gone to shit.

I'm skinny fat as fuck and I don't know how best to tackle it. I have a pencil neck and sparrow legs but have a lot of fat around my stomach. I'm 6'0 and 77kg at 26 years old.

I work at a bar and spend 50 hours on my feet but nothing strenuous. On working days I work from 10am to 10pm. I have two days a week where I can go to the gym (will change this to add a third somewhere).

What the fuck should I do? What should my calories be? Should I do HIIT too? How do I get my metabolism back?

I have membership to a good gym with a pool and running track too.

Pics related bully me as much as I deserve to be

Bonus: I'm going on holiday in 10 weeks is there anything I can do for then?
>>
>>41360357
I love me some big bitches.
>>
>>41360429
>suck my dick
>bend over (spank)
>you like that?
>tell me how much you love this dick

etc

verbally is easy, physically even easier
>>
>>41360459
What do you mean you can only train 2 day a week you start work at 10am you lazy fuck.
>>
My lifts are going up on a bulk but I'm not getting any bigger or heavier

I don't understand
>>
File: theabsolutestate.jpg (24KB, 310x409px) Image search: [Google]
theabsolutestate.jpg
24KB, 310x409px
>>41360459
pic related its a shitshow
>>
>>41360471
What's your surplus and total calorie amount
>>
>>41360495
GSLP is better than both
>>
File: 1493365111796.png (838KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
1493365111796.png
838KB, 1242x2208px
Is that any good for a intermediate routine? I'm coming from 5/3/1 BBB
>>
>>41360515
Bro read the title it's a beginner program.

If you want a intermediate try a different 531 program or sheiko 4day for example
>>
>>41360492
155lbs bw 3500 calories per day

Going to recheck my portions. Maybe I'm making a mistake somewhere.
>>
>>41358083
Is it okay to do lateral raises on free days for broader shoulders? Im doing SL.
>>
>that tingly nice feel when you climb the rope in gym class

What's the reason behind this? Do you ever feel it when you're working core or legs? What will happen if I trigger it and ride it out, let it haaaaappen?
>>
File: deadlift-mixed-grip.jpg (113KB, 1024x330px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift-mixed-grip.jpg
113KB, 1024x330px
What's the difference?
>>
>>41360646

>americans have to climb a rope in gym class

I thought this was a meme
>>
I just finished up a few cycles of 5/3/1, how would I go about estimating my new 1RM? Would I just take my current TM and divide it by .9?
>>
File: layne.jpg (114KB, 1140x480px) Image search: [Google]
layne.jpg
114KB, 1140x480px
PH3: Layne Norton's Power And Hypertrophy

anyone know if this is a good system, im looking to change shit up. for the longest time ive just done back/bis, chest/tris, rest, legs/shoulders. repeat
>>
>>41360707
The underside is stronger than the overside on your forearms

you require less strength when using mixed grip, but at the (low) risk of snapping your bicep tendon and you have to switch between sets to avoid muscle a-symmetry

also using consisten mixed grip minimizes strength gainz in the forearms
>>
>>41360828
Thanks Anon
>>
>>41360707
is this a pic of you? feet seem hella close
>>
>>41360851
nps

hook-grip is a nice variation olylifters use. It allows you to hold more weight but hurts like a motherfucker if you're doing several reps. But there's no risk of snapping your shit up with hook.
>>
What are some possible factors that could limit muscle growth?
I've been going to the gym for almost 1,5 years and haven't made any progress in strength or muscle mass past the first four months despite consuming enough protein and eating at a caloric surplus.
>>
>>41360864
Nah, I just found it online
>>
File: cq5dam.web.600.600.png (136KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.600.600.png
136KB, 600x511px
WHERE ARE MY HEADPHONES!!!!!!!!!!!
I ALREADY TOOK MY PREWORKOUT AND CANT FIND THEM.

pic related
>>
This chick stopped messaging e awhile ago from college and recently her friend followed me on instagram
and messaged me saying if i go to this college and she also said "what is up with you and katie".
whats this all about? katie is the grill i talked to awhile ago. I replied we just talked and thats it,
she went on to to compliment me on a few things and that was it. Should i have hopes up?
>>
What's the relationship between DB and barbell bench?
Say if I barbell bench 80kg for 5, how much should I DB bench?
>>
>>41360919
Stress, bad sleep.

I have really bad anxiety and depression and find it very difficult to make any strength progress despite other factors being in check. When I have a better day than normal I hit PRs.
>>
>>41361006
>"what is up with you and katie"
>she went on to to compliment me on a few things and that was it

Wants to make sure you and Katie are over so that she can make a move on you.
>>
>>41360962
left them at the couch anon
>>
>>41361131
>>41360962
All good i found em, fuggin left them on the washer
>>
What's /fit/'s opinion on the potato diet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelIXCuuSZ0

Thinking of doing it for a week or two just to kick things off
>>
How do you stop yourself from checking out girls at the gym. When a 9/10 starts doing hip thrusts directly in front of me despite other space being available I can't help but notice. I assume its pretty poor etiquette to check out people at the gym, since they're just trying to do their workout too. Maybe I'm over thinking it.
>>
>>41361382
women only go to the gym for attention
they want you to look
they know you want to look
but if they catch you, you're a creep
good luck my friend

only answer is HOME GYM
>>
>>41361365
doing any "diet" is setting yourself up for failure
>>
>>41361365
>What's /fit/'s opinion on the potato diet?
The only advice you should ever take into consideration is on the /sticky/, go read it.
>>
Cant touch chest when doing pendlay rows, should I deload?
Also is that okay that my torso is inclined down, I have long legs
>>
>>41360793
???

Use your heavy AMRAP sets to calculate a new 1rm
>>
anybody ever do blood-flow restriction workout? ive heard good things
>>
Hey guys!
Is a PPL+full body over one week a good routine?
Like PXPLXFX. With cardio on two X days. I tried a PPLPPLX but fucked up my shoulders. Also considering ULXULXX but I feel the upper days are way to intense to perform properly for me.
>>
Can someone explain to me what concurrent training is? or at least point me in the right direction as to where i can learn about it
>>
>>41361629
I like to do FXXPLQQQ%77
>>
Anybody have experience with thrombosed hemorrhoids? It's really uncomfortable to sit down and it is big and purple and swollen

Asking for a friend
>>
File: 1487558823263.jpg (109KB, 311x378px) Image search: [Google]
1487558823263.jpg
109KB, 311x378px
how do I implement accessories to SS? work the neglected muscles after the workout or on rest days?
>>
>>41361742
after
>>
>>41360245
>What does it feel like to have arms that are 3x the size they were when you were a skinny little fella? Is it weird? I can't even imagine....
Everything feels smaller and more fragile then they used to be.

I have always punched walls and door when angry, but lately I have actually punched holes into doors, stuff just breaks easier now because of the additional punching power.
>>
How the fuck am I 9.8% bf according to my Omron? This thing has got to be wrong, right? I still have love handles.
>>
>>41361761
thanks but, should I split or is it possible to do just a few to the lacking muscles every training day? Also is there a particular reason for not doing it on rest days?
>>
>>41361696
Preparation H or any similar products.
A lot of fibers, avoid spicy foods, big lifts (even upper body lift), no squat/deadlifts. You can take hip bath with cool/warm water.
If it lasts more than 10 days without diminishing, go to a medical doctor.
>>
File: juádomato.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
juádomato.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>41361696
>Anybody have experience with thrombosed hemorrhoids? It's really uncomfortable to sit down and it is big and purple and swollen
Don't suppose you can find pic related growing wild in cattle fields near you, right?

If you could find one, just cut it in half, heat up a half on a frying pan, let it cool a bit and apply directly on top of the hemorroid, place a bandaid or bandages to hold it in place for 15 minutes.

You will notice it will have nearly dried out by the next day, will be hurting a lot less too. Re-apply using the other half and you are done.
>>
>>41361671
This is so helping bro.

>>41361837
Prepare an accessory routine for each days. Like day A, after the main lifts you do Triceps and biceps (eg rope push down and barbell curls), day B you do abs... Do it in a way that you train every lacking muscle once a week.
Doing it after the main lift allows your body to REALLY rest on rest days.

>>41361054
Prolly a tad less, since BD uses more stabilising muscles. Try at 60 (30/30) just to get the feel of it, then increase maybe to 35 if it's too easy.
>>
>>41361843
anon seems to check out
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsarzedoecologia.blogspot.com%2F2011%2F12%2Fjua-solanum-aculeatissimum.html
>>
>>41362125
>anon seems to check out
Of course it does, I would not give fake health advice to anyone.
>>
>>41361650
http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/concurrent-training
https://bretcontreras.com/how-to-maximize-concurrent-training/
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (74KB, 705x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
74KB, 705x300px
If i scream more often will my baby voice sound more manly? The reason i ask this because the voices of gavin mcinnes, alex jones, henry rollins, corey taylor etc all sound better in their 40s than their 20s.
>>
File: 4.jpg (120KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
120KB, 610x610px
I've been doing SL for a few months and now that I have some experience and beginner strength, I want to work on aesthetics. Can someone recommend a bodybuilding routine?
>>
Is 20 reps for 4 sets with no rests a waste of time?
>>
>>41361696
Was your friend on strength training weighlifting program by any chance?

I am now scared SS wil give me hemorrhoid
>>
File: 392400.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
392400.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
What should I eat between lunch and dinner? Right now I'm on a cut so I'm eating at a deficit. My meals look like this: breakfast - milk & oats (920Kcal), lunch: chicken, brown rice & veggies (950Kcal), dinner: 7 egg whites (110 Kcal) and 2 scoops of whey after workout (250Kcal).
The problem is, I'm dying of hunger between 12-20 pm. (6,2 , 185 lbs)
>>
>>41362334
https://github.com/healplz/rp-notes/wiki/General-Training

takes a bit more effort to read and understand than just following some random bb routine, but will set you up for life.
>>
>>41358083
anyone else have off days at the gym? did incline db press 3x12 for the last 3 weeks. today i struggled to even get the weights in position. pissed me off so much that i just gave up on working out today.
>>
>>41362394
There is no direct corelation between the two. Lifting will even give you a better cardiovascular system and it will help avoiding hemoroids. But if you have some bad ones, you should not lift heavy.
If fear of hemoroids gets you out of the gym, its pointless to go anyway since you won't even make it.

>>41362415
Depends how many calories you have left. You can make a big ass salad for 70~100 cals (no oil in it though)
Or a serving of veggies. You could even eat an apple.
Maybe try to reduce your breakfast and lunch to include a real meal in the afternoon?
>>
File: nightmarevisionspurdo.jpg (46KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
nightmarevisionspurdo.jpg
46KB, 722x349px
>>41362329
nah senpai. don't do that, you will tear up your vocal cords.
your voice goes lower by the time you hit 40, it's natural. with that being said, look into some basic singing lessons, learn to breath into your diaphragm and project your voice. learn to lower your larynx. This alone should help your voice sound more "manly". If you have some questions, go along.
t. can into singing
>>
>>41362495

not much...
I was thinking spliting the morning oat&milk into two portions, and eating it around 16 pm.
TDEE is around 2600, so I have to eat around 2100 but even today I fucking ate 100+ grams of peanuts
>>
>>41362551
2100 is my TDEE... (well more like 2300 but well). I'l trying to shred a bit for the summer and am eating 1800 cals a day. To fight hunger, I eat 5 times a day. Each meal is about 400cals, except the last one which is more like 200. And I drink a lot of tea.

But yeah splitting the oat meal is a good idea!
>>
>>41360736
what? literally all of eastern europe does that as well
>>
Not really fitness related, but anyone deal with irregular eczema breakouts?

Any tips?

I've been prescribed my meds and haven't gone to the gym in a week and it's killing me
>>
>>41362389
I'd use heavier weight
>>
Nigga whats the best way to be training my left side of the body up

Shit's embarrasing. Even the left side of my chest looks bigger.
>>
>>41362773
Why is it so uneven?
>>
>>41362797
I've only been doing ss + chest/shoulders/leg for a couple months. No idea really.

Will it eventually sort of even out or am I going to have to dedicate time to it
>>
>>41362773
You fucked up bro, it is extremely hard to fix your uneven muscles.

Your best bet is to get 2 different weighted barbells and use the heavier one on the side you are weaker, but this might worsen the problem rather than fixing it, would be hard to judge withoun't seeing a pic of how uneven your muscles are.
>>
How do I stop being T-rex mode? I'm 190 and my thighs are basically nothing but quads yet my arms continue to be small and floppy.
>>
>>41362773
switch to dumbbell for at least a few months. use perfect form on your weak side and stop doing the set whenever the form on your weak side breaks. this will force your weak muscles to catch up.
>>
is it unhealthy to eat 3-4 whole eggs many days a week?
>>
>cutting
>no energy for work

already drinking coffee, how do you work anons deal with this?

also,

>44% carbs, 40% protein, 16% fat
>lost 10lb in 3.5 weeks
>bf% is the same

I slowed down on my strength workouts to focus on cardio/deficit, but damn, why am I losing so much muscle along with the fat? I don't mind getting a little smaller, but I was hoping my muscles would start to show through (was at 24% to start).
>>
>>41362773
>>41362822
take up swimming. it can really help you sort out some small muscle imbalances and that will also transition into lifting. it will also fix your posture.
Also record yourself, check your form, adjust it if its lacking.
I'm not a big fan of using either dumbbells or even differently weighted dumbbells for fixing muscle imbalances, but the other anons may be right, dunno.

>>41362857
I don't think so, have been eating 3 scrambled eggs every morning for the past 3 years and I haven't had any problems yet
>>
>>41362848
So say if I'm doing just SS + left press/bicep/tricep etc I should be good?

My shoulders feel fairly even, I cant notice too much. But it's definitely noticeable in the whole arm.

>>41362885
My posture is good because I had a stick up my ass as a teenager. I do have a pool a couple minutes away though, I think I'll check that out.

Cheers
>>
>>41362879
Cutting is for professional bodybuilders and prancing lala homomen.

>>41362879
>why am I losing so much muscle along with the fat?
Because you are literally starving yourself, what did you expect?

You should just eat a normal diet (not a bulking diet) and have an exercise routine with aerobic exercises such as running or riding a bike mixed with normal strength training exercises. This will cause you to lose fat while increasing lean muscle mass, it is both easier for letting you eat normally and for giving you enough energy to work, while giving you moderate gains alongside fat loss.

Also, increase your protein intake and lower carb intake, make it like 60% protein, 24% carbs and 16% fat. Also, you might have some vitamin deficiencies so you might want to eat those vitamin gummy bears you get on any pharmacy.
>>
On SS for around 5 months.
Been stalling on bench and ohp for 2/3 weeks. Other lifts keep slowly going up.
numbers are:
squat: 105kg
deadlift: 90kg
ohp: 50kg
bench: 65kg
rows: 57kg
Been doing also chinups, dips, curls and skullcrusher as the program suggests as accessories.

wat do? switch to more volume? try to keep on SS with some accessories?
>>
On a cut, does anyone else find themselves falling into body dysphoria type shit where you just want to be leaner and leaner and despite feeling like shit and cutting for ages, you never feel like you're lean enough? Then when you have a refeed day you suddenly feel better about your body and it's like you take your disordered glasses off and see that you look fine.

What causes that? Why does refeeding make you see how stupid you're being by starving to oblivion? (I'm not talking about a normal cut from fat->fit, but cutting way more than you should)
>>
>>41363064
>What causes that? Why does refeeding make you see how stupid you're being by starving to oblivion?
Because you are finally consuming enough food to have enough energy for your brain to work. When you start to starve one of the first sympthoms you feel is disorientation, confusion, difficulty to concentrate and/or think.

Cutting is not fucking healthy, you would be better off with Atkin's diet.
>>
>>41361838
I saw some kind of hemorrhoid cream in the medicine cabinet at home I think one of my parents has/had them at one time. I've been putting that stuff on it since yesterday hopefully it'll clear up in that 10 day window. It'll be hard to lay off the squats/diddly motions because of work however.

>>41361843
I do not live anywhere near fields with those fruits senpai. But I'll keep an eye out.

>>41362394

SS won't give it to you. I think mine is genetic (see above about my parents) and poor diet.
>>
>>41358083

Can anyone give me their opinions on our lifts please? https://www.reddit.com/r/StartingStrength/comments/69ytqc/dl_form_check_2_and_a_bit_months_into_ss/

Also, is he right about GOMAD? I guess I've been struggling to put on weight, but my lifts are going up anyways. 74kg to 84kg "asap" seems brutally fast
>>
File: what kind of dog is that?.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
what kind of dog is that?.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>41362968
>prancing lala homomen
yeah that's basically me. I mean I'm straight, but all I wanna do is see my abs in the mirror, so who am I kidding?

>just eat a normal diet
>60% protein, 24% carbs and 16% fat
kek

But really, I'm already eating 5 eggs a day, a chicken breast, two scoops of isopure, and some peanut butter (so I at least get a little sugar and don't feel like dying). IDK how I can reasonably get more protein without eating a fortune in chicken, eggs or protein powder. also, am eating a multi.

>exercise routine with aerobic exercises such as running or riding a bike mixed with normal strength training exercises.
cardio on even days, strength on every other odd (only every other because I've been feeling like I might be getting a joint injury)
>>
>>41363096
I guess you're right. I have a pretty obsessive personality. Right now I think I should stop cutting but yesterday, depleted of energy, I thought I looked like shit.

>you would be better off with Atkin's diet
Keto? You mean eating at maintenance with keto and doing a recomp? I already eat high fat and minimal processed food, but i can't let go of fruit and oats.
>>
>>41363160
I should note, by cutting, I'm talking a daily 500 to 800 calorie deficit on a 2300 TDEE, so maybe 'cut' is too extreme a word. I just want to get from 24% bf to 15% within 2 to 4 months, is that so extreme?
>>
if i'm looking to live the healthiest life that will bring me the most joy and least amount of problems, what kind of exercises should i be doing?
>>
>>41363137
gomad will work. it works because there's 2.4k freaking calories in a gallon. that being said you should try to put some variety in your meals so maybe getting some of those calories from peanutbutter ect will be a little better for you
>>
>>41363137
>reddit
>StartingStrength
>2_and_a_bit_months_into_ss
My god, please be real!

Did you seriously follow SS for 2 whole months?

>>41363160
>but all I wanna do is see my abs in the mirror
And THAT, my friend, is why you are doing it wrong.

By prancing lala homomen I mean those that try to starve themselves to look more female-like, not what you are describing. Doing what I suggested is the way to get where you want to be.

>IDK how I can reasonably get more protein without eating a fortune in chicken, eggs or protein powder.
Ground beef.

>>41363160
>cardio on even days, strength on every other odd (only every other because I've been feeling like I might be getting a joint injury)
Sounds good, be carefull not to injure yourself overdoing it, try low stress aerobic exercises if you keep feeling this.

>>41363161
>but i can't let go of fruit and oats.
Well, try limiting the amount you consume and start eating yogurt, the lean thick one that has a lot of proteins in it and no sugar added.

>>41363205
>I just want to get from 24% bf to 15% within 2 to 4 months, is that so extreme?
Yes, a bit. Try aiming for that within 6 months instead.

It is not that you can't starve yourself to the point of losing that much, but you will be left with a stretched out skin full of marks. It is better to lose it over a longer period of time and avoid having to do a skin removal surgery to fix that later.
>>
>>41363245
play DDR
>>
>>41363276

who cares if it's reddit? It's not an inhherently bad thing, especially if its the official subreddit used by the coaches. And yes, I've been doing it for a while and getting nice gains.

>>41363271

For personal reasons I have no control over my meals except additional things I buy outside my house because I can't cook here. And yeah its a lotta calories, but.... it's a LOTTA fucking calories. My TDEE is 2100. a bulk should be around 2600. Is there anything special about milk in itself which makes it a superior bulking food, or just the caloric density?
>>
>>41363318
>who cares if it's reddit? It's not an inhherently bad thing, especially if its the official subreddit used by the coaches. And yes, I've been doing it for a while and getting nice gains.
You stupid moron, im talking about the starting strength, are you that stupid that you don't realize SS is a fucking meme? God you are not even trolling me are you?

Did you achieve tyranossaurus rex mode yet?
>>
>>41363318
milk is cheap and has hormones in it. it's easy to down and also keeps you somewhat hydrated

it's not a meme. i graduated highschool at 165. 2 years later i was 185 still with a 6 pack squatting over double my body weight. now i'm sitting at 6ft tall 195 lbs so i don't really feel the need to bulk anymore, but if i did i'd do gomad again
>>
>>41363353

>SS is a meme

you're mom is a fucking meme
>>
>>41363394
Do post pics of your current body, I bet you have developed legs and flimsy arms.

Way to not develop your upper body strength, but do go on telling me that SS is not a meme.
>>
I'm just finishing a cut. I am very very lean and want to go back to maintenance but worried that I'll gain weight. Best way to reverse diet? How many calories to add per week? If it makes a difference, I'm 5'4 female and my calories now are about 1200 / day. Besides lifting I'm sedentary and apparently my new maint. calories are 1450 - 1650. I don't know which calculator is most accurate so I'm wary to just jump straight to what I assume is maintenance.
>>
how do i make my gym shoes not smell?

dont pretend you have never had this problem
>>
you'll>>41363438
always have to adjust calories
>>
File: CB April.jpg (31KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
CB April.jpg
31KB, 405x720px
>>41363437

yeah no shit, my legs ARE stronger, but they were strong as fuck comparatively before regardless, because my family has insane lower body genetics. And besides, I don't mind going T-rex mode for a whiel in exchange for being really strong. I can just correct shit later on.

I don't have any pics of my legs.

My stats are:

Back Squats: 75kg
Deadlift: 110kg
Overheard barbell press: 42.5kg
Bench barbell press: 62.5kg
Powerclean: 23kg
Rows: 60kg
>>
>>41363276
>losing that much
but it's only like 25 lb, of which I lost 10. No marks so far. I'm a manlet btw.

>Doing what I suggested is the way to get where you want to be.
>6 months
Okay fair enough, but i was under the impression I could only lose fat in a deficit.

>>41363276
>Ground beef.
But then I won't hit the 16% fat ratio.
>>
File: Manly clear skin guide.png (310KB, 1364x751px) Image search: [Google]
Manly clear skin guide.png
310KB, 1364x751px
Need help, dumb question but I've had days I only ate rice.

I measured the calories and I'd still eat 500 over my daily.

Any tips to fill my stomach ?

Please, I'm desperate to lose weight. I've gone to lengths of having regular 6 hour gym sessions.

I stress eat.
>>
>>41363529
>Please, I'm desperate to lose weight. I've gone to lengths of having regular 6 hour gym sessions.
Jesus christ anon. Stop that before you get an eating disorder.
>I stress eat.
Me too, it's terrible.

Eat a ton of vegetables. I know you've heard this a lot, but a MASSIVE plate of veggies will fill your stomach to the point of discomfort where you won't want to eat anymore, and it's low calorie. Every time i want to stress eat I eat 2kg of tomatoes, i'm not even kidding.

Also have you heard of shirataki noodles? Zero calorie noodles.
>>
>>41363494
the 16% fat ratio is retarded
>>
Question to people who've done a lean as possible bulk. Did you eat differently on rest days than training days? What site did you use for accurate as possible calorie needs estimate? Also I assume women need less to bulk since they can gain less muscle right? I'm currently doing full body routine 3 times a week, each session is pretty long. Other than that I'm just a uni student and don't do any extreme activities. I don't know how to get the most accurate result like this on calorie calculators.. I assume it's like "light activity" but even then everything gives varying results. Also is it normal to get hungry as fuck when starting lifting after a long break again, and having been pretty non active til the? Id think im eating enough and a bit more than that and clean and all but damn do i get hungry quick now that i started going to the gym. Obviously just a feeling so not gonna binge or some shit but its just weird.
>>
File: trexmode.jpg (146KB, 863x570px) Image search: [Google]
trexmode.jpg
146KB, 863x570px
>>41363487
>I can just correct shit later on.
Yes, after you achieve full t-rex mode.

Pic related.

>>41363494
>Okay fair enough, but i was under the impression I could only lose fat in a deficit.
Nope, you do lose it by doing aerobics, you just won't lose weight because you replace the fat tissue with lean muscle tissue, which is heavier than fat although more compact.

In the end your body shape changes while your bodyweight remains roughly constant to your ideal bodyweight until you reach the point in which you have such muscle bulk that you start weighting more than your ideal weight.

>>41363494
>But then I won't hit the 16% fat ratio.
Why you even want to cut fat though? It is the carbs that make you fat, not the fat you eat.

The problem with eating fat is that it will clog up your arteries, causing heart problems, it has nothing to do with the bodyfat you have.
>>
I'm thinking of buying some WHEY stuff, do you just drink it after a workout? Also do you only drink it on days you workout? Or can you drink it everyday? Even on rest days or days you don't workout?
>>
>>41363614

Kek its ok, after a year of SS I'll stop and focus more on upper body for a while. I already have a cheeky non SS day for accesories for my upper body anyways anon. My OHP is pretty decent for my current stats/time lifting. I was T-rex mode before anyways, so is my sister and she's an acrobat.
>>
>>41363575
I do have a disorder.

I've eaten so much rice in a day I'd vomit up most of it.

Tomatoes aren't that nice, I've been having 4 oranges a day, is the sugar going to give me trouble?

I have a few hundred dollars I can waste on those expensive noodles, but it might only temporarily cover my problem.

I share a kitchen with 9 people, I hate preparing my meals because they're slobs.
>>
>>41363664
>so is my sister and she's an acrobat.
Yeah, but women are SUPPOSED to have much higher lower body strength than upper body strength, while men are supposed to be the opposite.
>>
How far will I get with a dumbbell of 10 KG and social anxiety? At least a bit leaner right?
>>
>>41363674
Binge eating disorder? I get that towards the end of my cut. How much do you weigh? Are you chubby because of the disorder or because you're just a normal chubby person trying to lose weight?

You gotta go cold turkey on that shit man. No more bingeing, I know it's hard, it's insane. I can't even explain how horrible it feels after a binge, your emotions just go crazy.

>Tomatoes aren't that nice, I've been having 4 oranges a day, is the sugar going to give me trouble?
What about cucumber? Pick some veggie you don't hate, they're all low calorie.
Shouldn't give you trouble, I eat like 5 apples a day with no issue.

>How far will I get with a dumbbell of 10 KG and social anxiety?
kek'd
Reminds me of when I was scared to go to the gym and had 5kg at home. Not very far, apart from losing weight.
>>
I have over the last 5/6 weeks lost 7kg, from 89 down to 82kg last friday. I've been eating roughly 1400kcal a day, but between friday and now (Mon evening) I have somehow gone back up to 84.8kg

Over the weekend I ate a bit more than usual but still < 2000. I know your water weight can go up and down a bit but that seems excessive?
>>
>>41363795
Stress, water weight, not shitting, etc.

If you're eating at or under maintenance you will not gain fat, don't worry man. That's why the mirror > scale.
>>
So I often eat quick oats because they are the most convenient for me, especially for breakfast, but I recently read somewhere that they have a high glycemic index.. Which is pretty shit. Any idea how to work around this still?
>>
How do you properly breathe while running? I'm on the second week of C25K and most of my issues stem that I think my breathing is fucked.
>>
>>41360396
don't do situps
>>
>>41363810
Thanks. While you are here (and knowledgeable), is it simply a fact that while I am eating under maintenance I will be losing muscle mass. I'm still lifting but noticing no real improvement, possibly even decrease in size.

I know bulking and then cutting is the recommended course of action usually but I feel personally like I would rather get bf under control and take it from there, just wondering can I keep what I have or do I have to say bye to most of it.
>>
>>41363826
there are no highly relevant eccentric/concentric movements whilst running so there's no "right moment", some prefer every two, some every three strides; it also matters if you're running a marathon or you're sprinting obviously. Generally speaking, diaphragmatic breathing should help in running too but my guess is that you're just untrained. "Second week" is hardly something.
>>
>>41363743
I was 94 but went HARD got down to 78 back to 84 kilos now.

Feels bad

I have a friend who was 60kg and is now 140 kg, I'd want to die if I end up like him.
>>
>>41363892
You can do anything you like, you don't _have_ to bulk then cut, people just recommend it so you can get better noob gains, quicker. I cut first too because i wanted a lean base to build from. I lost size and strength but eventually got it back.

No point bulking if it will make you hate your body. Just careful not to go into a spiral where you cut more and more and never feel happy with your body. You have to start build at some point.
>>
>>41363659
Can someone answer this please?
>>
>>41363951
Look at it this way man, 84 is better than 94. Yeah you gained weight back, but ultimately if you look at your net weight lost, you lost 10kg.

I'd focus on eating at maintenance rather than cutting. Cutting when you have an eating disorder is a recipe for disaster. Focus on your mental health too -- looking good is nice but what's the point if you're miserable?

Best of luck my man. You're gonna make it.
>>
>>41363659
Take it when you need to reach your protein goal for the day but can't do it with food. You can take it whenever, not just workout days.
>>
>>41363978
thanks bro
>>
whats the big advantage to high intensity interval cardio? (HIIC?)
>>
>>41364004
What if I don't have a protein goal? Was I suppose to have one? I'm doing SS, or just started like working out and lifting weights. I know protein is important but I don't know what my goal should be? How much protein should I be consuming everyday?

If it helps my BMI is like 29.5 and I'm 5'4 an weigh 170 lbs. Yes, I'm aware I'm a fat manlet.
>>
>>41364022
Aim for 1g of protein per bodyweight in lbs, per day.
>>
>>41363953
Sweet, thanks for the good advice. I planned on cutting just to prove to myself that I could - diet has been shit pretty much all my life - then get big in Winter.
>>
File: Edmund Dantes.jpg (80KB, 900x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Edmund Dantes.jpg
80KB, 900x1077px
I have somewhat of a rotator cuff impingement in my right shoulder. It feels tight whenever I bench and I tend to favour my left arm because of it.
This also impedes my ability to overhead press easily. It feels I lead with my left side on everything thanks to this. I've just purchased these to try and help regain strength and flexibility there:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LYM4EYE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What exercises will be best to help resolve this problem and even out my shoulder flexibility and strength?
>>
>>41362972
How much do you eat?
>>
>>41364046
So I need to consume 170g of protein? GOOD LORD! I mean if Whey only gives like 60g of protein, I don't know how I'll meet that goal EVERYDAY.

What else has a lot of protein in it besides Whey? There's no way I can get 170g of protein each day, that just sounds like a lot. Unless I'm eating meat or something everyday.
>>
>>41363480
How gradually?
>>
>>41364109
What's your goal weight? You can consume that much protein. Say you have a goal of 140 lbs, eat 140g protein.

Cottage cheese, eggs, steak, chicken, fish. I get a bunch of cottage cheeses from Lidl called Goldessa (or Milbona) and they have ~30g protein in 200g for 200 kcal. Tuna has that much protein for just 100-150 kcal. It's not too hard.
>>
>>41363731
psl repsodn
>>
>>41364109
Chicken Breast or Mince everyday. That's how I get the majority of my protein (100g~)
>>
>>41360823
Don't know about PH3 but I'm currently doing Norton's PHAT and imo it's the goat. Dude sure knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>41363975
Labdoor.com

Buy one that has no carby filler. even better, get unflavored so you're not ingesting sucralose. Promix is good.

Eat it on top of a standard diet to supplement as needed. If your brand is healthy like I described, you can have it whenever.
>>
>>41363614
what the fuck you don't know what you are talking about lmao
>>
>>41364210
>Mince
What's that? Ground beef?
>>
>>41358698
Your pull should be stronger anyway, think how much larger your back is in terms of size to your chest. Back is about 3 times larger
>>
>>41360468
I start at 10 work until 10, get home at 10;30, eat, sleep, up at 8:30 to be there for 10
>>
>>41364390
why is sucralose bad? It has no calories and tastes great.

Unless you're one of the unfortunate people who get the shits from it, or if you believe the bunk science that implies artificial sweeteners make you eat more real sugar, I don't see any downsides.
>>
>>41364412
Yes.
>>
>>41364482
It's known to be 2-3% heavy metals from the production process. I read a study on it earlier this week. I don't have it and don't care to find it, so if you don't believe me, that's alright.

IIRC, heavy metals accumulate and are not processed out of the body. It's asinine to be all 'MINDBODYGREEN' and try to avoid them everywhere, but if you're consuming protein powder every day (which also has some heavy metals from processing into isolates), i figure it adds up over the years.
>>
Why haven't you added your gym to the map /fit/?

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2527599
>>
Bulking speed for intermediates? Still +1lb/week (+2kg/month) or slower?
>>
>>41364752
http://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1157&context=nulr

That's why.

But actually I just added my gym.
>>
>>41364611
didn't know that. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_20170508_223909.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170508_223909.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
How do I improve my posture?
Sitting at the pc all day has fucked up my back, when I straighten my back my blood flow to the arms is cut and I get numbness in my arms. Is there hope for me?
Pic related is my regular posture
>>
Any relief for sciatic pain during flies/bench press? It shoots up my groin during the most tensioned part of the exercise and is unignorable
>>
>>41364929
WHAT THE FUCK
ahem
try light high-rep face pulls (like 4 sets of 15 cmon)
do you deadlifts
and do more rows than bench presses for fucks sake
>>
I am moving to Berlin in a few weeks. What is the gym culture there like?
>>
Cheap (and not too unhealthy) way of bulking?
Peanut butter's kinda expensive where I shop and I'm looking for alternatives.
>>
>>41364929
you should do pushups to combat your scapular winging, also scapular retractions while holding weight at a row station or whatever to train up your rhomboids and lower traps
see where that gets you and come back in a month
>>
What's the consensus on the peck deck?
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
Is it true that sweating will cure acne?
If I do torturous workous of cardio or even lifting weights that make me sweat;will my acne be gone after some months?
>>
>>41364410
what is he wrong about?
>>
>>41358083
When should I switch to PPL, if I'm going for AESTHETICS and muscle size? I've been doing SL w/ acesories for about 2.5 months now.

my lifts are currently

>Squat- 160
>Deadlift- 165
>OHP- 70
>Bench- 100
>Pendlay- 85

all for 5x5, except squat which is 3x5.
My current program is every-other day-
A Day- Squat, Bench, pendlay, shoulder flies
B Day- Squat, OHP, Diddly
With 5x5 of bicep curls, dips, pullups each day.

I know at some point I should go for PPL, but when? what milestone should I hit first? I want to eventually reach 1/2/3/4, but I prioritize aesthetics/ottermode over that strength achievement.
>>
>>41365346
5'10" 148lbs btw
>>
>>41365281
>carbs make you fat
short term, if you overfeed on carbs you will probably put on less bodyfat than if you overfeed for the same amount of kcal in fat
>>
What do I do at the gym while waiting to use the power cage to not look like an annoying retard?
There is only 1 power cage at my gym and sometimes I have to wait for upwards of a half hour. I don't want to do anything that will tire me out and make me perform worse on my squats.
>>
>>41358244
>>41358244
How much are you eating now? I was 5'8" Asian male in high school with short parents from Asian country, then went to college on the unlimited meal plan and grew to 5'9" (5'10" w/good posture)
>>
>>41365406
mobility work
>>
>>41365406
just do a dynamic warmup/walk on the threadmill whatever

>>41365053
bretty gud for chest activation, but u don't really need it

>>41365037
milk

>>41365002
doubt it's actually sciatic pain, but stretch and work on mobility

>>41364779
depends on your height
>>
>>41358083
I know this is really, really, dumb, but what's 1/2/3/4?

Is it:
>1x bodyweight on OHP
>2x on bench
>3x on squat
>4x on dead
>>
Should I just grab a pair of soccer socks for DLs, or should I try to find a pair with padding on the front?
>>
>>41365934
20kg/45lb plates (1x meaning one on each side)
>>
>>41365934
1 plate ohp, 2 plate bench etc. plate means one plate on each side of the barbell, the barbell being 45 lbs. So 1 plate is 135 lbs, 45 from each plate and 45 from the barbell.
>>
Better to do cardio at the end of strength workout or in the rest days between?
>>
>>41365961
>>41365956

I figured it was either plates or bodyweight. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>41365972
whatever keeps you doing it.
>>
>>41365127
PLS answer
>>
>>41358083
When i'm cutting do i still drink shakes?
>>
File: tmp_30020-jzQ90Qq_d2140552351.jpg (81KB, 591x700px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30020-jzQ90Qq_d2140552351.jpg
81KB, 591x700px
How do I stop hurting my balls when I do deadlifts/RDLs?
>>
>>41364105
I'm trying to eat more .. in these 5 months I gained around 4kg, lately I'm kinda stuck at 74kg
>>
>>41361546
>Cant touch chest when doing pendlay rows, should I deload?
bumping this question
>>
>>41366063
Of course, the proton:calorie ratio of shakes is fantastic.
>>
>>41366208
yes, you should always hit your chest

>>41366026
first google search says yeah

>>41366106
have smaller balls/longer arms
>>
Apologies for the wall of text

18 year old male who wants to get into the ADF (Australian defence force) with no clue wtf i'm doing so any help would be appreciated.

Weight: 100kg (I just ate a meal but normally sit at 98kg)

In order to get in I need to pass a Physical Fitness assesment of:
15pushups within 2 minutes (as of now I can do 16 in 45 seconds)
45 situps to a 3 second cadance (I can do 30)
and a beep test score of 7.5(Highest I got so far is 4.2 when I started out on 2.3)

I got some basic questions since I'm not too sure how to google them.

>Can I work out twice a day for 6 days a week and have only 1 rest day?

>Would it be a good plan to continue my 2 workouts a day (1st workout is strength building and the 2nd would just be a beeptest)?

A anon told me to do C25K but im wondering if I can do that in conjunction with my ADF fitness workout
>>
>>41364462
Yeah wake up at 7am and go to the gym before work then lmao
>>
>>41366106

shove a tampon up your ass and tie the string to your dick/balls to pull them back so they're not in the way of the bar
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 375x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 375x556px
hey Im going to have access to a swimming pool for the next 4 months starting yesterday so:

What are some reccomended swimming exercises for somebody new to it and planning on doing a routine 5 days a week?

My arms are a little bit sore from swimming yesterday. Is it okay to do some laps today or should I wait for the soreness feeling to go away (triceps)
>>
>>41366353
1. Depends on the intensity of the workouts. Certainly possible tho.

2. Sounds like a good plan

Honestly it sounds easy af to pass that test I wouldn't worry if I were you as long as you put in the work.
>>
>>41365941
Doesn't matter
>>
>>41365037
Chicken, eggs, brown rice, whole grain pasta, beans.
>>
>>41366323
>>41366389
I'm serious. It's happened more than once and when I did it today I nearly threw up because they were hit so hard
>>
Was sick for 4 months and lost a ton of strength and muscle. How long will it take me to gain it back? :(
>>
Can muscles get used to working out? they stopped being sore after workouts.
They still are sore during workouts just not the next day. Is this normal?
>>
>>41366613
Weird, for me it's backwards. After the first week I barely felt sore the day of the workout, but felt them the next day.
>>
How the fuck do you guys eat 2 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight every day? To even get close to that I basically have to only eat things like cheese, chicken or greek yogurt. Perhaps if I wasn't trying to maintain a calorie deficit it would be easier, but with it almost every food decision seems to be about the protein per calories amount.

Is protein powder the best way after all?
>>
>>41366394
If you were swimming for endurance (longer time spent swimming, barely any pauses, moderate speed), you can do it every day without issues. In fact I did it multiple months without any issues. The soreness tends to go away after about 250-300m.

No fucking idea about "strength" swimming, sorry.
>>
>>41366650
i know it's weird and that's why i'm asking and i'm not lowering anything, also i'm not exactly new but i only work out when it's bearable outside.
>>
>>41366687
Don't need to eat that much. Recent studies show that you don't need to eat that much protein. Aim for 1g-1.5g/kg
>>
>>41366613
Yes
>>
File: Screenshot_20170508-180737.jpg (367KB, 720x691px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-180737.jpg
367KB, 720x691px
So right now I'm just doing a pull routine, since I can't do bench, squat and ohp with my wrist having possible nerve damage (I am doing some stretches and things to help strengthen it).

>gym recently got pic related
I could probably squat with this without hurting my wrist. But, my depth will probably be shit and it looks silly since I haven't seen anyone use it, only see strongman on YouTube use it
>>
>>41366521
wear compression shorts to compress the shit out of your balls? I dunno man they're in the way it happens to everyone

>>41366559
few months probably

>>41366687
>>41366741
1.8 g/ kg is optimal, after that the extra gains are negligible
eat chicken breast what, how hard is it to eat 200 grams of protein?

>>41366732
it depends, could be normal, could not
as long as you progress it's all good

>>41366828
it's good to focus a bit more on being upright during your squat, what's the problem with your wrist? got a diagnosis?
>>
>>41366850
Wrist anon here

I got it damaged back in December during jiu-jitsu practice, the night before a tournament. Hurts if pressure is applied, but it's fine for barbell rows, deadlift and pull ups
>>
Is it normal to breathe out as you exert force on exercises such as face pulls or side raises? It seems to be opposite on main lifts, but this one guy on youtube instructs doing it this way.
>>
>>41366020
I'm gonna do it either way desu, but I'm developing some shin splints from running and was wondering about taking rest days completely off to help with it

Alongside everything else of course
>>
Hello /fit/ my goal is to achieve the finest piece of boipussy in the world, I NEED some.advice, can train my ass twice a week?
>>
22yo, 180cm, ~72kg Skinnyfat with fuck all upper body muscles and little training history.

I've been successfully changing my diet to a healthier more diverse one, and now wanna be in better shape. I don't really care (yet) for seriously building muscle or looking fit. I just wanna be healthier.

I'm looking at the r/bodyweightfitness "recommended routine", and it seems like a doable one (with the exception of rows, gotta figure out how I can get those done at home) and with clear and simple progressions as well. Is it a good routine to follow?
>>
Need a good 4 day routine. Starting Strength + a motherfuckton of DB accs isn't scratching the itch especially during the two day rest. I was thinking of just doing what I've already been doing but bumping it up to AxBxABx.

Any ideas, /fit/?

Also, because of rippadoo my squat's way ahead of everything else. Should I just keep going or try to stay in a 1/2/3/4 ratio?
>>
If faggots on /fit/ split their push pull days why does rippletits have you doing bench on the same day as diddly and not OHP?
>>
>>41366850
>1.8 g/ kg is optimal, after that the extra gains are negligible
>eat chicken breast what, how hard is it to eat 200 grams of protein?

Eating ONLY chicken breast is expensive and very dull.
>>
I've been doing ICF 5x5, I've got plenty of weights and all the equipment to progress far on it, problem is I've got a pull up tower thing now too and I really like doing bodyweight shit (I've also got a belt for adding weights into aswell) how do I make a routine of this?

I wanna do weighted bodyweight shit while incorporating squats and deadlifts still for my legs
>>
File: 1439128297080.jpg (202KB, 1022x768px) Image search: [Google]
1439128297080.jpg
202KB, 1022x768px
What should my lifts look like before I start a bro-split? I'm on a strength routine currently and a little less than satisfied with my progression (Mainly due to shitty diet due to a restricted meal plan at uni and overall poor quality of food served at the cafe). What's a good strength base or is that all bologna and I can start my bro-split whenever?
>>
>>41366885
and where, on the side of the palm or the back side?

>>41366911
everyone has a different opinion on breathing, but breathing out during the concentric portion is basically how most people do it

>>41366963
you can train your ass every day you fuccboi

>>41366980
why not "tone up" at a gym?

>>41366996
PHUL was pretty good for me when I did it

>>41367038
because faggots on /fit/ know nothing, including me

>>41367044
I eat chicken breast every day, gotta know how to season
cottage cheese, other meats, nuts and not complaining about your food being dull are other options

>>41367058
replace rows with weighted pullups?

>>41367069
most people think 1/2/3/4 but starting a bro split instantly is no problem at all
>>
>>41367058
>>41367263
What about weighted dips, do those replace CGBP? Should I still be benching, squatting, diddlying with barbell and weights
>>
>>41367310
if you don't want a big bench, big row whatever yeah you could switch CGBP with dips, but i wouldn't do it exclusively
>>
>>41367350
Should I just sell this power tower? I feel like the pump I get from bodyweight shit alone not including with the weighted belt beats any pump I've gotten from 5x5 though which is maybe tricking me into thinking it's better for gains
>>
How come you guys never ever seem to talk about training endurance? Endurance lets you go for more reps, which means you can do more volume, which in turn leads to more meaningful gains.
>>
>>41366996
german volume training
>>
How long to get to this point from skinny?

https://instagram.com/p/BSAuMK7Dry7/
>>
>>41367500
>what is over training
>>
>>41367500
it just doesn't work like that even though you really want it to

>>41367442
pump really isnt a way of knowing if you've got a good workout in, I can curl 10 lbs for 100s of reps and get a great pump but i'll have no gains
>>
>>41367263
>why not "tone up" at a gym?
Costs money and I'm an insecure fuckboy.
>>
>>41367263
Back side
>>
Shoulder impingement?

It doesn't bother me unless I'm doing heavy bench (225+) 100+ lb arny presses, or pull ups.

It feels like something dislocated or gets twisted around and caught in the wrong spot and I kinda gotta do an arm circle in reverse to correct it.

Any ideas laddies?
>>
>>41367833
you should go to a docter instead of asking us, we're all retards
if you don't want to: where is the pain? feel around on your shoulder is there a tender spot?

>>41367792
more towards your thumb, in the middle, or pinkie?

>>41367679
I was insecure when I started and i'm insecure now, just go to a gym
>>
>>41366414
Cheers cunt ill try my best to get in but REALLY need to increase my endurance and speed
>>
>>41367904
Nah, feels normal most times, unless I rotate it in a certain way, then it's as I described, like something is getting pinched or caught in the wrong spot. Doesn't hurt soon as I correct it

Fuckin hate going to the doc in Canada it's just a runaround and waiting game to get told to leave it rest for a few weeks and pop some Tylenol, regardless of issue
>>
File: 1440393199275.gif (2MB, 260x229px) Image search: [Google]
1440393199275.gif
2MB, 260x229px
I'm a beginner fatass hi there anons.

Anyways I was wondering if I can separate the exercises throughout the day, squats in morning, deadlifts before bed , ohp,and other stuff spaced out.
>>
>>41368129
you should see a physical therapist, could be a ton of different things wrong with you, shoulders are really complex joints
when does it hurt? to your side? does it hurt the first 30-45 degrees of a lateral raise?

>>41368168
bad idea
>>
>>41367904
Near the thumb

t. wrist anon
>>
How the fuck do you motivate yourself to continue anons, I just realized I've been doing squats wrong for months and now that I'm trying to get my form right I have dropped the weight by alot I just lost all motivation. I even have my weights right next to my bed but I just don't care. Help me anons
>>
>>41368169
When I'm bench pressing, only at the bottom of the press. Arnold press, only at the bottom, if it does it catches and I have to set the weight down to correct. Pull ups when I'm fully extended and working on pulling myself up, but again only at the bottom. Guess I'll probably just go in and have it looked at.
>>
>>41368346
are you correctly retracting your scapula and shoulders?
>>
My arms get tingly as fuck when I squat.
>>
>>41368390
I believe so. Initially when I hurt it I was being sloppy on a front raise and felt my shoulder pull forward. It hurt everywhere initially and I couldn't lift my arm laterally but a week later and everything is good aside from the spots on heavy weights in the aforementioned lifts
>>
Work took over my life so I haven't lifted solidly in a year to two and all my gains have basically vanished. I want to cut down a little bit before I bulk back up. 6'3" around 186 and want to try get down to around 10-12%. Any particular routine I should use to lean out a little?
>>
Been lifting for a month and a half, so still pretty damn new.

When I weigh myself for BMI/TDEE/Symmetric Strength should I weigh myself when I just wake up or after I've eaten or when?
>>
I can't squat all the way down without first falling on my ass. Googling tells me it was a flexibility problem so I've been doing 8 different leg stretches daily for a month and there has been no improvement. What do I do to get my thighs past parallel?
>>
Should I just replace all my underwear with compression shorts/ boxer briefs? Serous question bros which style of underwear gives the best support when lift/ running?
>>
>>41368204
Make it a habit. Just do it any way even if it's imperfect because not even pro weight lifters claim to always have prefect form. Habits are what you do just because and without even thinking about it so stop trying to hype yourself every other day since it just wont last.
>>
>>41358083
If I am overweight can i successfully gain muscle and lose fat at the same time with a high protein diet?
>>
I kinda quit counting my cals during this bulk just listening to body and eating when hungry and eating more on my more active days. How fuged am i
>>
>>41368736
depends how overweight you are and if your just starting out. even then, it wont last long

>>41368743
not too fugged if you stuck to high protein foods
>>
I precum a lot

What's the cause of this? Is there any way to stop it? Is it not good?
>>
File: chloe.jpg (843KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
chloe.jpg
843KB, 1920x1280px
>>41358083
Is it normal to get cramps after a workout?
For example after working chest, if I go and reach my hand across my chest to scratch an itch I sometimes get a mild cramp.
would electrolytes/taurine help minimize or prevent this?
Typically this only occurs with chest or shoulders, less so for legs and back.
>>
>>41358083
Is Candito fucking dead?
>>
>>41368743
its better to eat roughly the same thing each day for example an egg dish in the morning, a pasta dish for lunch and a chicken or beef dish at night, then the basic skeleton of your diet it the same day to day and its easier to track deviations from that diet than counting from 0 calories every day
>>
>>41368944

could be not enough sodium + dehydration, try measuring how much sodium you're eating per day vs recommended amounts
>>
I've been lifting since the middle of February, 5'10", 150 lbs. I want to try and bench my bodyweight this weekend, if I can do dumbbell presses with two 45lb weights for 3x12 with moderate effort, is benching 150 for 3x5 unreasonable? If it is, can I at least do 1pl8?
>>
I'm 6''2 what should my lifts look like to reach ottermode?
>>
>>41368684
>google
yeah finding legit stretching info through google is as hard if not harder than finding legit lifting info through google.

i had the same problem due to tightnesses in various muscles. best thing i found was to just start squatting. when you get fatigued, the muscles that restrict the full ROM get tired and don't resist as much so you can increase your ROM over time. if you are new to squatting its probably a form issue too, it is not easy to find the right position. remember to force your knees out, hard, on the descent, on the ascent, in the hole, force your knees out.

but yeah the stretching thing i described is a basic and effective form of PNF stretching, look it up. read 'relax into stretch' by pavel tsatouline (one of the few legit stretch dudes) for more info and for some serious red pills.
>>
>>41369023
thanks, I usually consume 1-2 gallons of water daily so dehydration seems unlikely.
As far as an electrolyte imbalance, I sweat tremendously to the point where I get salt stain on my workout clothes.
But should i just eat regular salt or try to get electrolyte drink such as gatorade and the like?
>>
>>41368821
Im 5'11 205lbs and not just starting out, will my body burn fat reserves or does that require ketosis?
>>
>>41369096

A general lack of electrolytes can cause cramping so yeah a drink like Gatorade can do good (but it can also have a lot of sugar/calories so be ware) but I'd also try generally eating a bit more salt as well as potassium (Good foods for K are kale, chard, sweet potato, broccoli, spinach)

obviously don't go overboard with the salt, especially if you already consume a lot of sodium, but take it slow and see if it helps
>>
>>41369168
i seriously doubt you can. and dont fall for the ketosis meme. it's no better than any other food regimen for burning fat. remember it's about keeping calories low to lose fat and protein high to maintain muscle
>>
Will I see progress in Pushups, etc. if I'm eating 500 under, running 3 miles in the morning, and doing 2 hours of cycling in the afternoon? I feel like bodyweight exercises aren't worth it at this point.
>>
File: 1490603373527.jpg (51KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490603373527.jpg
51KB, 1080x720px
>>41369195
thanks senpai, sipping on a powerade zero right now, gonna make a produce run tomorrow for those sick K gains.
>>
>>41369022
>>41368821
Mostly all high proteins foods. More beer after the transition from cut though
>>
Since this question definetly does not deserve its very own thread, here it goes:

IF I alredy practice a sport wich involves using my legs and core a lot, (leg day replacement)
and I also have to run a lot (cardio), can I get a good aesthetic body by complementing that with pull-ups, push-ups, and their variations?
>>
>>41369458
yes, but soccer does not count as a leg day replacement.
>>
File: 1494179328189948708.jpg (143KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
1494179328189948708.jpg
143KB, 600x842px
Started intermittent fasting 10am - 18pm and feeling hungry af because i go to sleep at 12pm. What do?
>>
File: benisd.png (214KB, 681x683px) Image search: [Google]
benisd.png
214KB, 681x683px
I fucked up, I have a friction blister on my frenulum from too much rough masturbation. Besides not fapping, how can I help it heal faster? I've seen skin cream with A, D, and E is good for general blisters, but I'm worried about accidentally breaking it and having the skin grow back rough or something.
>>
>>41369303
a healthy core is always worth it
at least keep with maintenance levels
>>
>>41360105

Thanks doc. I'll do some barbell curls. What other accessories do people add to this routine?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.