[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetarian Gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: tofu-main.jpg (45KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
tofu-main.jpg
45KB, 500x350px
So /fit/,
I want to go vegetarian for no reason other than the challenge. Only issue is how am I going to get my proteins?

Help me fit
>>
Legumes and grains.
>>
>>41355474
Lots of protein in your boyfriends jizz OP.
>>
>>41355474
Remember your B6 and B12 suppliments, they're basially non existant in a pure vegan diet.
>>
>>41355474
>Greek yogurt
>Eggs
>Eggs
>Eggs
>Beans
>Rice
>Oats
>Soy protein
>Milk
>Cheese
That covers your protein pretty well, be sure to change it up. Also being veg gets you plenty of fiber for those bunghole gains.
>t. vegetarian for the last 2 years
>>
>>41355522
dude what the fuck are you talking about,
a single banana or avocado has 20% of b6
sunflower seeds and pistachios have more b6 per 100g than any other food
>>
>>41355522
>B6
one banana has 46% of your daily B6 requirements.

>B12
A bowl of cereal (almondmilk and cheerios) has 50% of my daily b12 requirements.

This may be an American thing.
B12 should be supplemented if you don't eat fortified food, though. I noticed Australian cereal isn't fortified... weird.
>>
>>41355633
>am shitposting australian
shit
>>
>>41355503
Is cum okay to eat as a vegetarian? I know that if you don't eat anything coming from an animal you're a vegan but the thing with cum is that it contains living cells so...
>>
>>41355474
>going to get my proteins?

Are you fucking retarded? Humans have been getting jacked on eggs and dairy for a millennium and you have to ask?
>>
>>41355652
Depends if the cum source enjoyed cumming and is cumming in a safe habitat.
>>
File: 1389559084102.jpg (6KB, 247x251px) Image search: [Google]
1389559084102.jpg
6KB, 247x251px
if you're vegetarian, you eat:
eggs
dairy
tofu
legumes
nuts
grains
seitan

and you get maaaad protein biiitch
>>
>>41355474
The hardest thing about vegetarian diets is protein, not even because its hard to get, but because of the whole complete protein thing. For example, the protein in rice is incomplete and requires something like beans to shore up the lack of lysine in the rice. So to make things easier, I'd stick to eggs and milk products as your main sources for protein, along with quinoa (but avoid soy, the estrogen thing is not a meme), and just try your best to complete any other proteins you have throughout the day. Scooby actually has a pretty good tool for balancing amino acid profiles for vegetarians/vegans here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/protein-calculator/
Basically, things like lentils on the surface appear to be pretty god tier as far as protein per calories, but the amino acid profile makes them multitudes worse on their own than the same amount of protein from chicken breast.
>>
Nitrofusion...did me wonders as a vegan
>>
File: amino acid.png (231KB, 821x515px) Image search: [Google]
amino acid.png
231KB, 821x515px
>>41356121
this kind of stuff is really over exaggerated bullshit though. Pic related is pea protein, gets shit for not being "complete". Literally just missing a little bit histidine while abundant in everything else. As long as youre eating anything else with protein youll be fine
>>
>>41355556
>Soy protein
>>41355872
>tofu
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
>>
>>41356322
>bro stay away from that soy it will turn you into a girl
>drink this cows milk instead, it has actual mammal estrogens instead of phytoestrogens so youll make tons of gains
>>
>>41355474
Don't fall for the soy goy. Get casein or egg protein powder to fill in the gaps.
>>
>>41356322
this has been debunked over and over. they don't work like actual estrogen in your body.

it doesn't really matter because pea protein is taking over the vegan protein market.
>>
File: Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png (34KB, 674x318px) Image search: [Google]
Milk doesn't lower testosterone.png
34KB, 674x318px
>>41356341
>drink this cows milk instead, it has actual mammal estrogens instead of phytoestrogens so youll make tons of gains
>http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of <68pg/ml the subjects in the Maruyama study would have elevated E1 levels to begin with, if the measurement was correct.
>difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.