[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best beginning program for somebody that's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 28758239523532.jpg (34KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
28758239523532.jpg
34KB, 320x320px
What is the best beginning program for somebody that's pretty weak? I've already read the sticky several times but I don't understand which program is better or worse. I can do about 5 pushups, 1 chin up and plank for 20 seconds.
>>
>>41350821
Assuming you're not a troll;

THe best programs are Starting Strength, Strong lifts 5x5, or ICF 5x5.

You'll notice all those three look very similar. That's because they are. SL is literally just SS with extra shit tacked on. ICF is literally just SS with MORE extra shit tacked on. Reason is it works.

You can start with the empty bar. Within 3 months, if you spend time working on form and get it right, you'll have decent lifts.

Any questions?
>>
>>41350821
just choose a program from the sticky that you like the look of.
Your planking and pushup stats are pretty irrelevent for a weight routine imo.
>>
>>41350821
You didn't read the sticky if you are asking this question you stupid faggot
>>
>>41350873
>You can start with the empty bar. Within 3 months, if you spend time working on form and get it right, you'll have decent lifts.
>Any questions?

Yeah, a few. Is it better to choose a program that's basic but good like Starting Strength, or a program that's a little more complicated but has more work like Greyskull? Also, what if my lifting doesn't improve in a week and I can't progress. Do I just keep lifting at the same weight for a week or two and then try increasing the weight? Finally, is it worth getting some basic help from the gym staff on proper form and such or should I just say fuck it and do my own thing and watch videos on YouTube instead? I'm going to a proper weightlifting gym and not one of those for people who just use machines all day.

>>41350879
Alright.

>>41350911
Yes I did faggot.
>>
>>41350918
No you didnt
>>
>>41350821
literally illiterate
>>
https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
>>
WHY DO YOU FAGGOTS RECOMMEND 5X5 REEE.
DO YOU REALIZE MOST PEOPLE ASKING WON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH PROPER FORM?
START WITH LOW WEIGHT AND HIGH REPS OP AND FOCUS ON FORM FOR YOUR FIRST MONTH.
>>
>>41350918
Greyskull just over complicates things for a complete noob, not worth it. ICF 5x5 is where the money is at for newbs.
Do both, tutorials on youtube and ask for advice form check with the gym staff. Reason is that even gym staff do stupid stuff sometimes, so you really should educate yourself.
>>
>>41351113
>Greyskull just over complicates things for a complete noob, not worth it
Fucking this. By the time noobs understand verything about Greyskull they'll be moving to PHUL anyway.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.