[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Cal/isthenics general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: temp.jpg (455KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
455KB, 2560x1440px
Calisthenics is the god tier way to get fit.
Your strength is functional and you have some fun as fuck party tricks too.

So far I can do 3x5 pull-ups, 3x8 40lb pushup and 3x8 40lb dip.
Started a year ago with no strength, unable to do 1 pushup.
How far have you gone, bros?
>>
I keep fucking up my wrists. So, there's that.

My frog stands are up to about 15 sec from zero.

I don't know if I'm going to keep up with it or just go back to free weight from here.
>>
>>41348784
I plan on switching to mainly bodyweight but I wanted to gain some mass before I do because I've heard it's easier to gain size from free weights
>>
>>41350350
Frogstands shouldn't put that much stress on the wrists, try them on paralletes or turn your wrists out
>>
File: 1492013563684.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492013563684.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>41350663
I fucked my wrist with frogstands as well. Stretch wrists before frogstands helped, but I maybe imagining things. I started frogstands last week, so I haven't experimented much.
How much do you weigh?
>>
>>41348784
i do rock climbing and if im not physically tired from it i work on gymnastics skills
currently able to do adv tuck planche, front lever, back lever, free handstand and l-sit
also muscleups but theyre easy like shit
>>
>>41350663
I meant it for the other dude. Sorry for the two (You)s, friend.

>>41350378
You gain mass by eating food, silly. Haven't you heard of calories in calories out? What you've heard is bro science.
>>
>>41350748
Im 170lbs
>>
>>41350860
yeah that explains why it is hard for you. I am 135lbs 5'9' and it's easy for me to do them 5x30s. btw What routine are you following right now?
>>
>>41350906
Oh no im not the anon that hurt his wrist. I thought you were asking me.
I can do all bent arm exercises without wrist pain at 170.
>>
>>41350748
well how do you position your hands ?
if you do it with fingers facing in front of you you going to fuck your wrist .
>>
Can you get away with a bodyweight program if you have lower ceilings? The only place I can think of with higher ceilings is the garage but there's no room in there. How low can you hang rings and get away with a routine?
>>
>>41350797
So are you saying I should just say fuck my free weight program and jump right into bodyweight training? My goals are to be aesthetic and also do cool shit like planches, handstands and human flag. Right now I'm 5'6" 140 lb and I was planning on trying to gain strength and size on ICF 5x5 through the summer and then switch to a PPL to focus on hypertrophy until 2018 and then move into bodyweight training. Should I just jump right into it though?
>>
>>41352384
Icf isnt a bad program you can start with it if you want
>>41352345
Honestly if you have a low ceiling dont even bother with rings. Although i love rings i dont believe they are necessary. If you really want them just go outside and hang them from a tree.
>>
>>41348784
bump
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.