[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to afford healthy food if poorfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I live in a big city and veggies and fruits are expensive
>>
You are stupid, eating healthy is cheaper than eating unhealthy but I will not tell you how to improve it unless you prove you are a nordic Aryan nazi.
>>
>>41343140
it might be cheaper because you consider non organic stuffs to be healthy
>>
>>41343119
anon here has a point >>41343119. you are stupid
>fruits
neck yourself faggot
>>
>>41343174
organic is for animal product not veggie
>>
>>41343174
>only organic is healthy

Fucking KYS
>>
>>41343312
>americucks consider non organic food healthy
Sad!
>>
>>41343119
Buy frozen fruit and frozen vegetables. They are often cheaper than fresh and more nutritious.
>>
I buy
>chicken breast $1.88lb
>greek yogurt $5.79 for 64oz
>Green beans $1.79lb
>eggs $2.50 3 dozen

Sort yourself out and look at prices.
>>
>>41343174
Honey...most organic companies don't actually follow organic procedures for their produce and meat. It's a worthless label.

Your best bet is to buy local if thats your concern.

For the most part gmos don't have any currently studied side effects it's just an iffy subject because we might find out they do years from now (like how were just finding out some artificial sweeteners cause dementia and alzheimer's)

I try to buy local for most of my produce. Meat, go for pasture raised. That ensures the animals are just animals as they were born to be, living off foods they'd eat normally, and is the best cruelty-free option for people who still like meat.
>>41343119
As for you OP I used to think this way but honestly it's not true. The only thing you can get cheaper is going for frozen veggies over fresh, and a lot of studies show that most frozen veggies are no different from fresh since they're frozen quickly rather than sitting around slowly losing nutrients at the grocery store and shit.

Show me your typical grocery list OP and i'll help show you why you're wrong.
>>
>>41343845
>3 dozen eggs
>$2.50
do they still have the embryos in them or something?
>>
>>41344428
It's $3 for one dozen near me, prices do vary by where you live and what's available.

A gallon of milk is almost $5 back home for instance but where I live now it's $2.50
>>
>>41343350
I smell a leaf.
>>
>>41343119
Oats are cheap.
Rice and frozen veggies are cheap.
Dairy is cheap.

You have no excuse.
>>
>>41343350
The problem is in America ANY farm can slap "Organic" on their food without utilizing organic growing practices, so no, in America, organic is NOT always the healthiest option unless you can verify the grower. So in many cases it's just better to buy the cheaper version than the faux-organic since they're literally the same anyway.

I try to go to the farmers market instead in the summer at least.
>>
>>41344428
fertilization would probably cost more, not less
>>
>>41343119

>oats
>rice
>dried beans
>veggies
>eggs
>fruits

luxury tier:
>tuna
>nuts
>poultry

you have no excuse
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.