[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALTERNATIVE LIFTS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Share your unfamiliar/strange/random variations of any lift you perform or even invented.

Why? Because switching out exercises without any good alternative is almost as much of a pain in the ass as performing the same exercise for +3 years
>>
>>41341875
I do pullups on a ledge instead of a bar. Does that count?
>>
>>41341904
Yes that does count
>>
>>41341875
anyone else do hanging barbell pulls?

Its kind of like decline bench, but you are completely upside down hanging by your legs and you pull the barbell from the ground up to your chest
>>
File: 1444305494847.png (102KB, 550x495px) Image search: [Google]
1444305494847.png
102KB, 550x495px
>>41341930
>>
File: out.jpg (33KB, 550x275px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
33KB, 550x275px
>>41341875
cable pullthroughs:
like image, except start with handle closer to machine and end with a straight arm at shoulder height, also keep handle close to body.
great for external rotators, rear delts, and triceps.
>>
suicide tricep hammer flys
>>
>>41341875
I pull my willy until glue comes out
>>
>>41341994
You mostly take the external rotators out of it by extending the elbow, it completely changes the direction of the lever. There's a reason why you're normally told to pin the elbow to your side and keep the hand level with the elbow when doing external/internal rotations.
>>
>>41342110
nah, you still work the external rotators hard.
halfway through the motion you're in a position similar to the neutral position in a strict external rotation (elbow is a bit more back though).
just more as a stabilizer than as a primary mover.
the rc muscles are meant for stabilization anyway, not for moving the arm, so it's a better exercise in my opinion.
i've done both strict external rotations and this variant, and this way i work the external rotators like they're meant to work, plus I work my rear delts, scapular retractors and triceps.

however, i can see how strict external rotations would be better if you're just starting to rehab/isolate them.
>>
When doing bent over lateral raises I sometimes stand behind a bench (set as for incline press) and rest my forehead on the edge. More comfy, less pain in back, less cheating.
>>
>>41341947
He >>41341947 is describing overhead deadlifts
>>
File: bulgarian-barbell-split-squat.jpg (34KB, 612x326px) Image search: [Google]
bulgarian-barbell-split-squat.jpg
34KB, 612x326px
>>41341875
Rear foot elevated split squats. Actually just tried them out and I like them a lot. Apparently there's a lot of actual coaches who recommend them as the primary lower body movement for athletes. Research seems to suggest they're GOAT.
>>
>>41341875
fuck I really like these threads but why do they never take off? why are all of you fags so adamant about muh big 3? Anyone here has actually lifted for more than 2 months and read books other than SS lmao.
>>
Overhead tricep extensions with a dumbbell on a bench inclined at 30°. This has blown the long head of my triceps up like nothing else, crazy how THICC they have gotten just from these.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.