[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOMAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Cv041hgVIAA5zq.jpg (56KB, 949x945px) Image search: [Google]
Cv041hgVIAA5zq.jpg
56KB, 949x945px
Trying to bulk but having no success/not trying hard enough.
Thinking about trying GOMAD but heard that shit is as unhealthy as it gets?
Should I just do it or nah?
>>
>>41334544
GOMADS fuckig stupid just drink water and eat 3k cals comprised of mostly protien and get like 300 carbs coming from foods carrys vitamens and nutritients (not breads or pastas) and eat some foods carrying good fats like olive oil butter coconut oil,avocados,peanutbutter,and nuts you stupid dyel faggot.

GOMAD is shit and will make you gain weight to fast and you will just get fat because your intaking 2k cals and alot of shitty carbs just coming from the lactase in milk and your missing out on fiber,nutrients from fruits and other important factors in a diet.
>>
>>41334544
if you want some help anon i can structure my sentances better and actually teach you shit but for now im just shit posting on 4chan not giving a fuck about spelling,or grammer, if you want msg me back and i can give you some faggot reddit acc or somthing you can PM me on
>>
>>41334544
>>41334591
I think that depends on how bad you are at bulking.
My metabolism is ridiculously quick so bulking is my sworn enemy. But going on GOMAD did wonders for me, because any excess fat was just naturally burnt through leaving mostly muscle.
>>
>>41334591
>not breads or pastas
found the retard
>>
>>41334623
thats not how it works.
thermodyamics my man.
no such thing as a "Fast metabolism"
calories in vs calories out
the differences are what kind of calories you eat, are you gonna eat junk food comprised mostly of shit and no vital nutrients and long lasting energy or are you going to eat better foods that carry fiber,vitamins,carbs that dont create a insulin spike etc....
you dont "burn off" fat. the only way to burn fat is by being in a calorie or energy deficit and what happens is that any food thats not converted to energy is stored as fat and that fat is either used as energy another day or if you are in a deficit you are burning energy and the way you get that energy is through fat or glucose wich is converted to c02 as waste and you breath it out.

the only reson you didnt gain fat is because you either have good genetics, or you didnt eat over your 500 surplus to many times in a row. you dont just magically burn fat in a calorie deficit it doesnt work like that

also your body can only carry up to 500 carbs at a time and anything extra just spills over into fat, and for ever 150 carbs in your muscles as glycogen you carry 1.2liters of water so you have to factor that in. GOMAD isnt very good though just remember that. its just cheating youself in the grand scheme of things, your missing the point, when you replace 2k calories with milk sure ur bulking but what if you ate 2k cals of food like oatmeal,fruit,and fish and chicken. you would have better energy and your lifts might have imporved even more than when you did GOMAD
>>
>>41334544
most people find that it's easier to consume liquid calories than regular food. GOMAD would work but it's unpleasant and pretty unhealthy; you could create more balanced shakes instead

other suggestions: eating throughout the day, eating quickly when you do eat, eating peanut butter, adding things like olive oil to foods, etc.

& finally, if you're really struggling to bulk by casually trying to eat more, start counting your calories. myfitnesspal is great
>>
>>41334645
>no such thing as a "Fast metabolism"
>calories in vs calories out
>metabolism
>calories out
>>
>>41334625
Theres no nutrients in bread and pasta through. Its calories but all it is going to do is provide you with a fast acting carbohydrate and if you eat that you should lift or be active right after consuming that meal otherwise if you rely on that for energy later you will most likely crash because thats what those foods do. provide a insulin spike and give you fast acting carbs. now if you were to eat a sweet potato or oatmeal you would get a slow releasing insulin spike, longer lasting energy, fiber, and more nutrients. not saying bread or pasta is bad, theres just better choices because those are depraved of any nutrients important for bodily functions
>>
>>41334660
if my tdee is like the averge human being its going to be around 2400 calories to maintain my weight if im a average male (5ft10 about 180lbs) IN MOST CASES if you consistently overfeed yourself over a period of time of a surplus of 500 calories you will eventually gain weight, if you do it the otherway you will most likely lose weight hence calories in vs calories out. theres no FAST METABOLISM that burns 4k calories unless your taking test,dbol etc.....and if you are your body uses all those nutrients anyway and if you ate 4 - 6k cals like some people claim your going to have alot of insulin resistance and if you had that you would not see any gains because any nutrients you get wont be shuttled into your muscles efficiently, thats why pro bodybuilders have to take insulin because they have high insulin resistance because they eat 6 to 8k cals a day.
>>
>>41334544
>>41334623
i think first of all you should watch some episodes of this to end your misled belief about how much you eat https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=superfat+vs+superskinny

Don't get me wrong, there's legit diseases out there that prevent people from putting on mass, but the chance you actually have one of those instead of having poor awareness is very, very small.
>>
>>41334689
nobody said that there's metabolic rate such that people burn 4000 kcal by sitting on their ass. the point is that metabolic rates are variable within a population. 'fast metabolisms' absolutely exist. from wikipedia: "The basal metabolic rate varies between individuals. One study of 150 adults representative of the population in Scotland reported basal metabolic rates from as low as 1027 kcal per day (4301 kJ/day) to as high as 2499 kcal/day (10455 kJ/day); with a mean BMR of 1500 kcal/day (6279 kJ/day)."
>>
>>41334708
ive already done i test with myself, ive lost 100lbs over 2 1/2 years and now im doing a bulk correctly and theres a big difference when you eat 3k calories of ice cream a day vs 3k calories of meats,fish,eggs,fruit,oats,and potatoes. its also harder to over eat on these foods and i feel it provides your body with better fuel for workouts rather than having chicken and cookies and pizza like some people do on a bulk....
>>
>>41334733
your also citing fucking wikipedia. kys. im pretty sure if i looked into it that study is flawed plus it was a study done with a extreamly low number of participants, also a factor that you didnt list is that people that have higher BMRS weigh more and im pretty sure they didnt select people with a good fat to muscle ratio. if your 280lbs your bmr could be like 2500 and then you add on genetics and there calories they burn during the day and theu might get like a 3.4k tdee. it depends on so many variables your not citing me
>>
>>41334544
gomad owns. drink at least half a gallon whole. make shakes with whole milk oatmeal raw eggs protons. buy peanut butter and trail mix eat spoonfuls of each all day
youll make it
>>
>>41334759
>can barely write a coherent sentence
>implying that he's capable of critiquing scientific studies
>implying that the claim that "basal metabolic rates vary in a population" is mistaken despite admitting himself that differences like body weight, body fat percentage, etc. affect the basal metabolic rate

you're an embarrassment. please go
>>
>>41334793
i bet you believe keto burns more bodyfat than a regular diet
>>
>>41334814
i don't have a strong opinion but i suspect that, if total calorific intake is equal across the two diets and the same individual tries both diets, then there would only be a small difference in the amount of body fat burnt per day. protein consumption demands more energy per kcal than carbohydrate consumption

i don't know why you think i must entertain stupid beliefs, or think that CICO is false, if i also believe that basal metabolic rates vary in a population
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.