[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work and Lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: work lifting.jpg (29KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
work lifting.jpg
29KB, 500x334px
Does lifting ever negatively impact the physical requirements of your job? Do the physical requirements of your job ever negatively impact your recovery period between lifting?
>>
don't most places specifically state that you can't lift an object alone if it's more than 50lbs? as in like, it's company policy because you could injure yourself and company doesn't want that/ i think the number varies but it's still less than what people here curl
>>
>>41326311
When I was an electrician I'd routinely lift things weighing 60,70,80,90lbs myself
>>
>>41326322
i just heard that various companies specifically state you can't. but i guess it varies depending on the place. but i feel if it's heavy, you don't lift it long regardless.
>>
>>41326357
That is a common policy. Even in the army, lots of things are designated 2 man carries.
>>
File: 1482330177632.png (101KB, 566x652px) Image search: [Google]
1482330177632.png
101KB, 566x652px
>>41326378
>have to carry 100 lbs all day
>rule against carrying anything above 50 lbs
>>
>>41326284

I work at a warehouse stacking cases of beer all day by hand. 9 years so far.
I stack around 1800-2200 cases a day and each case is 25-50lbs

Due to my job i have chronic tendonitis in my wrists which makes training my forearms very difficult and I need to be careful or i get incapacitated easily.
Also severely affects my lifts if I workout after my job, im usually completely drained after work.
>>
I just started bagging at a grocery store full time. The same muscles on my back are on fire by the end of every day from having lean over every second all day. I'm worried they are never getting the chance to heal. Working my back out at the gym seems completely out fo the question.
>>
>>41326284

I walk 10 or more miles a day as a mailman.
It makes maintaining a good squat really fucking hard.
>>
>>41326675

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

You fucking pussy, you are bagging goddamn groceries and pushing carts. Give me a fucking break. I work on a goddamn farm 10 hr days and when I have to break open torqued on nuts to change a flat on the tractor, pull off a fucking tractor tyre by hand and put on a new one, I don't think to myself, "working my back out today is out of the question!" I fucking deadlift what I have written in my programming.

Give your fucking head a shake you coddled motherfucker you are doing a job the elderly do when they come out of retirement.
>>
>>41326675

Actually with physical labor jobs you really need to exersise your posterior and core.
>>
>>41326749
>muscles magically don't need down time if you just get called pussy enough
What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>41326825
I've been hammering out my workout regiment with my younger brother. It's been years since I had a gym membership and regularly lifted and I'm rusty. I'm not too far into getting back my gains but I've nonetheless kind of ignored my back and core. I'm paying for it now.
>>
>>41326675
>need specific muscles for job
>'better not do anything that'd make them stronger!'

Do deadlifts, don't be a hero, eat your brotein, take extra time when you need it.
>>
>>41326749
I've done farm work and I've worked in a kitchen constantly bent over a line with my head down, the kitchen work was harder on my back and neck for some reason.
>>
>>41326954
I'll do whatever it takes and it's still early so we'll see how it all works out in the end, but my back feels like after a good targeted workout. It's like I'm doing back day every day, which is not the way to build up muscle. At this point I'm just trying to eat right and ice. The job works out virtually nothing else so at least I can still work out the rest of my body.

These last few days I've been nearly getting tunnel vision from the pain. I have to take anti inflammatories just to get through the day that's not great for rebuilding muscles.
>>
>>41326311
yes, I think from memory it's something stupidly low like 20 kg, but it's implied that you just lift it anyway
you're dealing with other workers not head office trying to cover their asses
>can you lift that pallet on the stack?
>nah, I need a hand
>it's like only two high though?
>company policy friend, I need a hand :^)
>yeah sorry... we have to cut shifts and we're starting with yours
it's also company policy to never lift anything above shoulder height and you're meant to use steps if anything is above it... also we have to stack shelves within certain time limits and keep a quick pace, using steps would be impossible to do while keeping the times
>>41326675
rest and eat
>>41326749
>10 hr days and when I have to break open torqued on nuts to change a flat on the tractor, pull off a fucking tractor tyre by hand and put on a new one,
working in retail 10 hr days are pretty normal, are you pushing your tractor? how often do you need to change a tractor wheel? you should look into that if it's everyday
you're pretty much saying lifting baby weights for 10 hrs is nothing because I can lift heavy for 10 minutes
when you're constantly lifting boxes for your whole shift which can range from < 1 kg to > 16 kg and you have to keep a quick pace your muscles can get pretty sore by day 5

>>41326284
yes, I had to stop SL because of it, and have dropped down to a 3 day split
>>
I work at a grocery store. It's a lot of lifting <45lb boxes and occasionally lifting heavy skids to make a pile. Lifting the skids sucks if you have leg DOMS, that's about it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.