[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys seen this documentary? So far it the message is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 22

Have you guys seen this documentary? So far it the message is "Your fat because of the food industry"
>>
I liked it, it has many valid points and the food industry is naturally interested in having people addicted to their products. If a child grows up eating shit it really isn't entirely their fault. However saying "it's not your fault" is wrong and might just be an excuse for fat fucks, if they stopped being gullible and stupid obesity wouldn't be such a huge problem.
>>
>>41324111
/thread
>>
>>41324062
holy shit how groundbreaking! you mean shit food makes you fat?
>>
>>41324062
The American food industry is truly shit. Its like the country learned nothing from The Jungle.

When we import US products to the UK we often place our own labels on them for nutrition because we actually really pay attention to that.

In the US it feels as if cardio/exercise is seen as something for rich peopleor the upper middle class, and caring about food quality is the zone of the hipster.
>>
>>41324535
Anon if you ate shit you would die

We're talking about junk food
>>
>>41324554

> In the US it feels as if cardio/exercise is seen as something for rich peopleor the upper middle class, and caring about food quality is the zone of the hipster.

unironically almost the case

the 'urban professional' set favors cardio, marathons, that sort of thing and eating shit from stores like whole foods

lifting heavy is viewed as more of a blue collar kind of thing
>>
Of course it's not your fault goy, it's all the food industry's fault. Nooo, of course your choices don't matter. You can just keep eating those supersize burger meals and putting the blame for your obesity on the company that sold it to you only because you offered them money for it.
>>
Haven't seen the movie bur getting fit has opened my eyes to the amount of shit in daily diets.

I know it's mom science but if I can't spell/pronounce the ingredients I don't want to eat it. It's a combination of predatory advertising, the race to the bottom on pricing and general nuritiomal ignorance.

Very few people raise their kids telling them that the following things are bad for you health:

>soda
>fruit juices with sweeteners
>almost all breads
>most pastas
>white rice
>fluoridated water
>foods fried in oils
>high salt foods
>common cereal brands

Literally 75% of American grocery stores are filled with unhealthy food
>>
>>41324562
Chad eats junk food all the time though. I know because Stacie complains about the crumbs when she's on her back
>>
There's a difference between viewing a problem on an individual level and on a societal level.
If you take any given fat individual, then yes, for all intents and purposes, their problem is 100% in their power to resolve, any broad issue that may have played into them getting there is irrelevant.
But on a wider societal level, you're dreaming if you think millions and millions of people all fucked up at the same point in history and coincidentally got themselves fat. There is a lot that has happened on a wide scale to result in the obesity epidemic, and there's a lot that could and should be done to reverse it.
>>
>>41325042

(PS, haven't seen the documentary, I'm just talking in general).
>>
>>41325042
You're pretty ignorant about this if you don't mind me saying. It's not some crazy conspiracy that a large abundance of food combined with the rise of the Internet made lazy, stupid people fat en masse (get it). The difference is now the individual has to actively choose to move around and exercise. Before that was just incidental in life and before that it was a necessity.
>>
>>41325042
Society is nothing more than a collection of individuals, and to look at decision making at a societal level is to look at a series of decisions made on an individual level.
>>
What are some good health / food documentaries?
>>
>>41325150
Microeconomics and macroeconomics are separated for a reason even though if you reduce it to math they're very similar. Some people being obese is not a problem but one third is a huge problem, it's crucial to look at the bigger picture.
>>
File: john ''fatties begone'' basso.jpg (50KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
john ''fatties begone'' basso.jpg
50KB, 480x320px
>>41325175
Everything about this man.
>>
>>41325189
That is true, but in no way does it mean that the responsibility for _anyone's_ obesity is on anyone but the obese individual.
>>
>>41325131

The fuck, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy theory, I'm saying it's a broad social problem.
The very issues you just stated are broad social factors that result in a certain amount and type of people getting fat, while some people are exposed to the same factors while being fine. Just like free love brought in boat loads of STDs, so now we hand out condoms like candy and traumatise high school children with photos of infected genitals, to introduce new factors that circumvent the damage that was going on.
>>
>>41325239

Good thing that's exactly what I (>>41325042) said.
>>
>>41325042
>all intents and purposes
>not all intensive purposes
>>
>>41325266

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>41325175
Most documentaries focus on stuff you should know anyway, like fast food being bad, excessive added sugars/sodium/fat being bad and whole plants being good. You can just watch speeches/classes some popular doctors/nutritionists give live Dr. Gregor/McDougall/Bergman etc.. But keep in mind those usually recommend a certain diet and are biased towards that. Still worth watching.

Scrolled through my youtube history a bit and found a few decent ones.
We Are What We Eat: The Food Documentary
Old Before My Time: Obesity Documentary
Fast Food Babies - BBC Three Documentary
The Truth About Sugar - BBC Documentary
BBC : Food on the Brain ● BBC Documentary Films [Food, Lifestyle]
CarbLoaded: A Culture Dying to Eat
Processed Food Documentary - Processed Food vs. Nutritional Needs
Food Choices 2016 Documentary
>>
>>41325288
Kek, been a while
>>
>>41325255
U dun need to let other anons know what other posts are yours. This is an anonymous yak shaving board. You don't need to save face, you don't have one.
>>
>>41325311

You know what they say, abscess makes the heart go wander.
>>
It partly is the food industry's fault. They chose to continously refine products to strip every micro in the product. They also put out false information to the point now that it is hard to dispel the myths like "it's cheaper to eat unhealthy than healthy". That is not to say it is not any of the fatties fault either: the information is there yet they continue to refuse to listen, rationalize, and feed themselves crap.
>>
>>41325335

Holy overcompensating newfag.
>>
>>41324062
Another problem they didnt seem to talk about was the food pyramid. In 1991 the us congress made it somrthing we teach in schools also subsudies and tariffs where set to give every american the same type of diet.
>>
File: 165px-Happy-merchant.gif (12KB, 165x193px) Image search: [Google]
165px-Happy-merchant.gif
12KB, 165x193px
>>41325027
>>fluoridated water
No! It's good for you goyim! It helps prevent cavities and the levels coming from the tap fall way far below the toxic levels!
>>
>>41325027
>white rice is bad for you
I still don't get this meme.
>>
>>41325489
The problem is people eat shit food around the rice. If they stuck to vegetables, some fresh meat and no junk food they could eat all the white rice they wanted. Just look at many regions in china, they eat like 80% rice and don't get heart disease, stroke and CVD. That said I also buy black rice because it's almost as cheap here and way better nutrition-wise.
>>
>>41324062
The most poinient message in the movie is that sugar is 100% an addictive substance and the only reason it isn't treated like meth or opiates is because of configuration from the fact that sugar will provide calories if eaten.
>>
>>41325653
>or opiates

Opiates aren't treated too different from sugar desu. There's a huge epidemic going on in America right now thanks to doctors and pharmaceutical companies handing them out like candy with no restraint or warnings, getting people needlessly addicted without knowing.
>>
>>41325027
>If it's hard to pronounce then I won't eat it.
So cobalamin and ascorbic acid are bad for you?
I hate mom science
>>
>>41325857
>implying they're ever called that on nutrition labels
>implying they're ever listed as ingredients, which anon was clearly talking about
>implying anon didn't admit it was mom science
>>
>>41325528
Fucking this.
Former fat cunt reporting. Now I can eat anything I like as long as it's clean.
>tfw fit into 30 inch jeans when used to be 34.
Big mistake most people make is poisoning themselves with sugar. Cut that out, eat balanced and varied diet, lift and the weight will pile off.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>41324554
Fellow UK fag here calling you out on your bullshit-
The UK has equal or higher obesity rates than the US

Also our government is heavily subsidised and lobbied by the food and drink industry, probably more so in america despite america being really heavily lobbied. Hell, our last 2 prime ministers were paid by TESCO

You're right, but it's no different in the UK
>>
>>41325653
***confusion
>>
File: 1368839795795.jpg (1MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1368839795795.jpg
1MB, 4000x3000px
I remember when this first went on Netflix and /fit/ still had regular FPH threads; the reception was not kind. Which I don't really understand it makes a good point that the average Western (esp. American) diet has been supplanted by trash to benefit the prominent players in modern agriculture/corporate food. Think of all the people on /fit/ who stated out as fatasses who needed it to be slammed into their heads that their usual diet was bullshit and their was room for improvement.
>>
>>41324983
This. I'm noticing a disturbing trend in people my age group (18-25) where they absolutely do not know how to take responsibility for their own actions. Their problems (obesity, alcoholism, opioid addiction) are always someone else's fault.
>>
Just finished watching this because of this thread, and its hella interesting. It's got me even more motivated to stay on keto.
>>
>>41326654
Eat your greens, berries and some fruits.
>>
>>41325901
Read a label faggot. Ascorbic acid is added to a lot of shit, and it's nickname isn't always listed. Also,
>Implying that just because he admitted it's mom science doesn't mean I can't hate it
>>
>>41326737
>>Implying that just because he admitted it's mom science doesn't mean I can't hate it

I didn't imply that. I implied that you implied that he hadn't implied it was mom science which I inferred from your implying he genuinely thinks those things must be bad for you.

And maybe I have a more limited diet or it's a location thing, but I don't think I've ever seen that on a label, myself.
>implying I'm implying that means it doesn't real
I'm only explaining my perspective, calm down
>implying I really think you're angry
>>
...Oooh, 'fed' like 'food', it's a pun. I opened this thread hours ago and I just got it. I thought the title was weirdly generic.
>>
Just watched this documentary with the wife. It seems to take a lot of personal accountability away from people and shift blame on corporations.

I counted more than one scene in this movie where fatties cried over having to pick between being healthy and eating chocolate.

Fucked up I think, especially in a free market. What they're literally trying to do is impose more regulations on food (ie through taxes) because 2/3rds of the US population can't help themselves.
>>
>>41324554
I've seen what you fat fucks eat. Don't try to pin this shit on us americans.
>>
File: 1489668707757.jpg (40KB, 760x594px) Image search: [Google]
1489668707757.jpg
40KB, 760x594px
>>41326921
>Fucked up I think, especially in a free market. What they're literally trying to do is impose more regulations on food (ie through taxes) because 2/3rds of the US population can't help themselves.
Surely that's the opposite of fucked up- that if 2/3rds of the population are fat or obese then it's pretty obviously a result of cheap shit food and dietary habit- which incidentally is most of the reason you don't see obesity in first world countries with strict health and nutrition regulation

Personal vs corporate responsibility is an enormous part of it and denying that is just Americans being scared of rational government regulation as usual
>>
>>41326650
>In my age group
This is every generation though. All of the millennial generalization shit is a meme to sell click-bait and junk news to people. Older people actually have a higher obesity rate than younger people because it is harder to exercise.
>>
>>41326921
>>41326948
Isn't it literally illegal to be fat in Japan and you have to get checked like once a year? Now that would be a neat solution, not that it will ever happen.
>>
File: 1485169797696.jpg (902KB, 1300x1733px) Image search: [Google]
1485169797696.jpg
902KB, 1300x1733px
but like, what IS the food industry? the corporations that make processed foods i assume? like no shit processed food is bad for you
>>
>>41327125
Holy shit you are a genius!
>>
>>41326991
>Isn't it literally illegal to be fat in Japan and you have to get checked like once a year?
No, that was a segment on one specific company which got rid the policy after that went live.

It also didn't work and weight went up in the company.
>>
>>41327140
Oh too bad. Google said there are/were mandatory waistline measurements and obesity rates were at less than 4% 2014 which is impressive.
>>
Sugar is literally addictive. Studies have shown that your brain goes through withdrawal symptoms without it, just as you would if you went off of cocaine or heroin.

It's cheap, legal, and has no hallucinogenic or impairing properties. So, yes, it's no wonder the food industry puts that shit in everything. 100 years ago, that wasn't a thing. And 100 years ago, morbidly obese people were a rare sight. This isn't a coincidence.
>>
>>41326885
A lot of things that are advertised as being 'fortified' or 'vitamin enriched' can have stuff like ascorbic acid listed on the ingredients. And I know that shit ain't healthy, but I don't always have the choice.

Also,
>Implying faggots on Lithuanian ass hair braiding forums haven't been calling each other faggots since 2004
>Implying I'm mad
>n-no homo
>>
>>41326948
>>41326921
Just pointing out that states with reservations or heavy native American populations are only allowed to sell low point beer in order to curb the rampant alcoholism. Just saying regulating what we eat and drink happens
>>
>>41327260
>implying you're not legitimately a faggot
>implying you're not totally flirting with me right now
>implying I forgot to say no homo
>>
>>41327125
surprise, people need this shit spelled out to them, processed foods are shit and the reasons why they're shit. feel better about yourself now?
>>
>>41324554
>"The Jungle"
It ended up that the guy admitted it being a work of fiction, but it ended up doing a lot of good.

I guess the end justifies the means?
>>
>>41325027
>most pastas
>white rice

That's false unless you put HFCS in those too.
>>
>>41327322
>>41327260
For example, the cheap ass fortified wheat bread my coworker has in the cabinet lists thiamine mononitrate (B1) as an ingredient.

>Implying no homo means shit on /fit/
>Implying we aren't all legitimate faggots
>>
>>41325288
I know it's ancient copypasta but it still triggers me to this day.
>>
>>41325038
Zoz'd
>>
File: 1458542400677.jpg (39KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1458542400677.jpg
39KB, 900x900px
>>41326948
So because some fat cow can't say no to her fat brat over how much sugar he consumes I should be taxed or punished for equality?

>Be you
>Eat responsibly
>Exercise
>Cheat day arrives
>Go to McDonalds for BigMac, just the sandwich
>"That will be $24.99 sir."

Fuck you and everyone who thinks like you.

You want to fix the problem? Shame the fatties.

Tell them they're disgusting wastes of space and they smell bad.

Cut their fucking wages in half for being unproductive slugs.

Throw the fat fucks in jail for letting their kids get obese.

That's how you fix the problem.
>>
>>41327473
>eating bread
>shiggydiggy
>pls be in london
>>
>>41327508
Coworker's bread. My lunch is celery and peanut butter.

>T-texas?
>>
File: 1490369500065.jpg (30KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490369500065.jpg
30KB, 480x465px
>>41327497
>So because some fat cow can't say no to her fat brat over how much sugar he consumes I should be taxed or punished for equality?
If you view unhealthy foods being regulated as you being punished then you're the fat cow

Your broken logic is exactly what causes obesity in your shitty country

Americans, everything is black and white and down to personal responsibility- let McDonalds and big Tobacco run free and do whatever they want because it's fat peoples fault they're fat

This is the sort of bullshit mentality you grow out of when you're 12

Also there rest of your post is equally retarded

>You want to fix the problem? Shame the fatties.
If shame was a deterrent to being fat there wouldn't be fat people. Most obese people are long past the point of caring what people think of them

>Tell them they're disgusting wastes of space and they smell bad.
So are 90% of NEETS on 4chan, nobody is upset about having to pay for the taxes that pay for your existence.

>Cut their fucking wages in half for being unproductive slugs.
They tried that in Japan, it didn't work. It's also the least practical and most retarded thing you've suggested

>Throw the fat fucks in jail for letting their kids get obese.
You were stating it was personal responsibility a moment ago, make up your mind

Problems aren't fixed based on your emotional 12 year old knee jerk reactions, they're based on what works and regulation and nutrition and education work, subsidising sugar and junk food in schools doesn't. Deal with it and grow up.
>>
>>41327615
2 words: FREE MARKET.

If there wasn't a demand for something, it wouldn't be produced, and if it was it would be expensive. You can't just tax everything you don't like because of your left wing high horse moral authority over everyone.

> If shame was a deterrent to being fat there wouldn't be fat people. Most obese people are long past the point of caring what people think of them

The fuck are you talking about, have you missed the entire "beautiful at any size" movement fat acceptance movement?

Woman are shamed now for being fit because that's something that unattainable to most obese bitches with no self control.

> So are 90% of NEETS on 4chan, nobody is upset about having to pay for the taxes that pay for your existence.

Most of the people here have jobs. You're a redditor aren't you? NEETs not NEETS you newfag. Learn what that even means.

Done with you.
>>
>>41327580

Mm, yeah, swallow that hard rod until you feel something sticky in your throat...
>>
>>41324554
>>41327435

"I Aimed For The Public's Heart, And...hit It In The Stomach"

The only thing we learned from the Jungle was that we needed to regulate the food industry so the food wouldn't make us immediately sick. They just play the long game now by making us sick over decades.
>>
>>41327615
>let McDonalds and big Tobacco run free and do whatever they want because it's fat peoples fault they're fat
Yes, so long "whatever they want" doesn't include literally forcing people to eat junk and smoke. If you get a choice in the matter and you choose to do those things, then the consequences of those choices are 100% your own fault.
>>
>>41327726
That's the gayest thing I've seen, and I've been here all summer
>>
>>41327688
not him but there's a free market for literally any product, good or bad. The demand comes from an abuse of what the body sees as desirable.
Where is the threshold for the government to act or regulate in your mind? If cocaine and crack were legal, and you were getting bombarded with advertisements about cocaine while the facts about cocaine are constantly in dispute with 'facts' sponsored by the industry, do you blame the addicts that get hooked on it, or do you blame the corporations that push it into every facet of media?
I don't take away personal responsibility as an important factor in the decision matrix, but those decisions are obviously impaired and influenced by media, advertisers, and what their bodies want, decreasing their will.
Even though it might not be the personal case for me or you, learning to empathize and understand these things is what we have to do to properly address them.
>>
File: 1491649187856.gif (3MB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
1491649187856.gif
3MB, 500x316px
>>41327688
>2 words: FREE MARKET.
That's not the counterpoint. Read it again.

>You can't just tax everything you don't like because of your left wing high horse moral authority over everyone.
Nor can you blame fatties for the same reason. You use evidence and logic.

>have you missed the entire "beautiful at any size" movement fat acceptance movement?
Yes, as have 90% of fatties. 4chan likes to overplay it because raging about a small group of retards is what 4chan does best. In reality the extreme majority of fatties and obese fucks know they're piles of shit and still continue to get fatter. Saying otherwise is simply false.

>Woman are shamed now for being fit because that's something that unattainable to most obese bitches with no self control.
You've been on /pol/ and /r9k/ too long. Fatties get far more shit than healthy people.

>Most of the people here have jobs.
Delusional again.

>You're a redditor aren't you? NEETs not NEETS you newfag. Learn what that even means.
>Done with you.
Maybe you should stop getting offended on the internet when people disagree with you NEETY

>If you get a choice in the matter and you choose to do those things, then the consequences of those choices are 100% your own fault.
By that same logic there should be no law. You find a level that helps everyone- that's called society.
>>
>>41327789
>If cocaine and crack were legal, and you were getting bombarded with advertisements about cocaine while the facts about cocaine are constantly in dispute with 'facts' sponsored by the industry, do you blame the addicts that get hooked on it, or do you blame the corporations that push it into every facet of media?

The addicts. I've done blow responsibly before. Don't do it anymore because I have a career to protect. Never got addicted but seen many people go down that road, and frankly it's their fault as to why we can't have nice things.

For the record cocaine is probably safer than alcohol.
>>
>>41327812
>Implying we don't have jobs
Nig, quit projecting. I'm phone posting from work right now. Just because you can't work doesn't mean we don't know how
>>
>>41327851
>Don't do it anymore because I have a career to protect
I hope you realize that the reasoning presented is since there are legal ramifications, I should stop.
The fact is, there is no legal ramifications in the SQ for either companies or people to stop eating, but one thing that seems certain is that if it starts to cost insanely more for a person to notice in their wallet, or if there is less advertising, then it WILL go down.
I really don't care if people become fat shits or not if they are fully informed about their decisions. The simple fact is that they're not because dieting has become an industry and misinformation is everywhere.
>>
>>41327224
Here's your award for dumbest post of all time.
>>
>>41327955
Not sure about that. I'm a pack a day smoker. Prices have gone from $3 a pack here to between $6-7, mostly due to tax hikes. I'm still smoking. Plan on quitting, but not because of cost, more because /fit/ is getting to me and that's the last unhealthy thing i do
>>
File: childabuse.jpg (10KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
childabuse.jpg
10KB, 190x266px
>>41327975
it's true, not dumb. sugar acts on opioid receptors similar to the way actual opiates/opioids do.
>>
>>41327998
Yeah, that explains why I constantly see fat people eating refined sugar with a spoon out of a bag

OH WAIT
>>
>>41328137
Not him but people don't eat poppy seeds or the components of cocaine either

Your concept is retarded.
>>
File: scienceisfun.png (108KB, 1008x404px) Image search: [Google]
scienceisfun.png
108KB, 1008x404px
>>41328137
lol what. you do realize you're literally arguing against neurobiological findings with nonsensical bullshit right?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0149763407000589

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2002.66/full

http://journals.lww.com/neuroreport/Abstract/2001/11160/Excessive_sugar_intake_alters_binding_to_dopamine.35.aspx
>>
>>41328200
ya they do
>>
>>41328204
>mfw its 2017 and everything is an addiction, and we have the cure, limited time only!
>>
>>41324535
why do you even post?
>>
>>41328205
Then you should make poppy seeds illegal and stop cooking with them
Don't be retarded on purpose.
>>
>>41328252

I've never seen a purchasable cure peddled for any of these fancy addictions. Just marketers exploiting addiction behaviours to make their products more effective.
>>
>>41328283
What is poppy milk and coca leaves?
>>
>>41328272
>>
>>41327812
>By that same logic there should be no law. You find a level that helps everyone- that's called society.
In no way does that follow from the logic of what you quoted.
>>
>>41328204
>All one group of authors at the same department
Wow, apparently some people still don't understand the concept of headline bait or that nutrition and psychology research are characterized by each researcher promoting their favorite personal memes with the aim of selling books and getting on TV. Too bad the actual scientific consensus is that sugar is not addictive (which is sad that such a retarded question would even have to be considered, given that human physiology runs on sugar).

>>41328200
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>41327335
yes. thanks
>>
>>41328205
>>41328200

Actually, people eating the components of cocaine (coca leaves) are the reason anyone thought to refine it into cocain in the first place. But chewing on the leaves is actually totally safe, it's only in highly refined qualities that the substance becomes addictive.

Kind of like another substance we know of that's pretty much safe in it's natural form but becomes addictive when highly refined, and dangerously palatable when cut with fats and flavours that prevent your body from realising how sick it's being made.
>>
File: lolokay.jpg (15KB, 236x345px) Image search: [Google]
lolokay.jpg
15KB, 236x345px
>>41328349
>8349▶
>>>41328204 (You)
>>All one group of authors at the same department
>Wow, apparently some people still don't understand the concept of headline bait or that nutrition and psychology research are characterized by each researcher promoting their favorite personal memes with the aim of selling books and getting on TV. Too bad the actual scientific consensus is that sugar is not addictive (which is sad that such a retarded question would even have to be considered, given that human physiology runs on sugar).
lol
>>
>>41328417
There is no difference between natural and refined sugars. It's glucose and fructose.

People who are supposedly "addicted" to sugar don't eat plain refined sugar. What an amazing addiction where you don't even consume what you're addicted to.
>>
>>41328486
>>41328452
That's like saying there's no difference between carbs and fat because they both get turned into glucose or glycogen to fuel the brain

People who don't understand basic nutrition need to stop trying to engage in this conversation
>>
>>41328486
>There is no difference between natural and refined sugars. It's glucose and fructose.

Except when you eat it in the form of fruit, you can only get so far before you can't eat any more. Simply blend that fruit into a smoothie, suddenly you can happily consume 10, 20 times what you normally could - and that's about the simplest method of processing.

>People who are supposedly "addicted" to sugar don't eat plain refined sugar. What an amazing addiction where you don't even consume what you're addicted to.
Why bother can down bottles of soda? It's basically sugar and water, slides down much easier than a bag of dry powder.

People who are addicted to other drugs don't just consume them straight either, they find more palatable ways to get them like pot brownies, parachuted cocaine, certain types of alcohol.
>>
>>41328486

>between natural and refined sugars

except the fiber that comes with the food, right? Fucking retard
>>
>>41328561
>Eat poison
or
>Eat poison + something that slow it down

:thinking:
>>
>>41328624
>Sugar is poison
wew lad
>>
>>41326921
I've seen the documentary before and I don't really agree it takes away personal accountability. It's just that obesity in America isn't a problem that is going to be solved by teaching fat people about how to eat well. Sure it works in some instances, but as seen in the cases followed in this documentary, a lot of fat people are simply retarded. You need to hold the food industry accountable for some of this mess and the garbage they're selling.
>>
>>41328656
>Can cause diabetes
>Can cause Alzheimer
>Main source of glycation
>Higher O2 -> Co2 ratio
>Body becoming carbs dependent for its energy level .
>More free radicals production during exercises , meaning there's more cellular damage .
>The number 1 reason cavities & others teeth disease exist
>>
>>41324062
That wasnt the message. You lack basic comprehension skills
>>
>>41324173
The biggest cringe is when retards use the /thread meme incorrectly
>>
>>41328272
Crushing loneliness
>>
>>41325150
This is the dumbest thing ive read all day
>>
>>41328677
Exactly this. Just like tabacco and alcohol companies are regulated and held to a certain standard. You cant just hand out crack on every corner then tell niggers "well crack is bad"
>>
>>41328789
Nah it kinda works

>Someone with a lot of decision value add a bit of drug in his shitty food to make it more palatable and addictive .

>Someone dumb as a rock with close to no decision value fall for it .
>>
>>41327688
What an immature and lazy thought process. Im going to guess youre still in high school
>>
>>41328516
>That's like saying there's no difference between carbs and fat because they both get turned into glucose or glycogen to fuel the brain
Fat cannot get turned into glucose or glycogen, my man.
>People who don't understand basic nutrition
lol. You don't even know the basic metabolic pathways for fat and sugar.

>>41328546
>Except when you eat it in the form of fruit, you can only get so far before you can't eat any more.
That wasn't my point at all. It's the exact same chemical.

>>41328561
What is your point? You are saying sucrose in not sucrose when it comes with fiber? Amazing logic my man.

Listen up everybody, the molecule "sucrose" stops being sucrose when there is a fiber molecule in its vicinity. It's settled science, sugar is not sugar!

>>41328713
This is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've ever read. Actually if you believe that sugar can cause diabetes in 2017 you should probably stop trying to understand the world and just become a pencil salesman
>>
>>41328843
This darwinian sense of fuck everyone but myself is the exact opposite of the goals modern society strives for. These fat uneducated fucks you have so much disdain for are literally draining your country so even in your self serving mind you should want to correct these problems. I mean not (You) but the royal you ie people with jobs that pay taxes
>>
>>41326991
Of course it's not illegal to be fat in Japan. What the fuck.
>>
File: 1490986563433.jpg (218KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1490986563433.jpg
218KB, 792x792px
>>41324562
>Anon if you ate shit you would die

>not poop fasting
>in 2017
>>
>>41327260
Isn't ascorbic acid just vitamin c? What's bad with that? You just pee it out if you consume it in excess.
>>
>>41328896
Fat fuck draining the country is the cause but it's also a consequence , Some people want to make a lot of buckaroos and selling literal drugs is the best way , it's so efficient that you become rich enough to bribe every governmental health association .
>>
>>41328861
No I'm 31, I run a business, and don't like being taxed.

What people do is their own business.

Get fat? Suffer the consequences. It's called tough love.
>>
>>41328940
Not true at all. Too much vitamin c can be dangerous especially for pregnant women
>>
>>41328961
>i dont like being taxed
So move. You want all the benefits of taxes but want a free pass. Youre literally at odds with basic american ideology
>>
>>41328961
>its called tough love
No its called anarchism. Government was literally invented to serve and protect its peopls
>>
>>41327435
The author was trying to promote socialism through the book. But when readers learned about the gross food industry practices described in them, they urged the government to pass regulations against that. Critics hated the ending socialist message of the book, as well.
>>
>Allow people to create FrankenFood that consist of only sugar , vegetable oil , and I don't know how many molecules that would never enter your body in the nature

>Allow them to package it and market it at incredibly high efficiency , using mascots , slogan & shit

>Complain that people get fat

It should be illegal to produce shit like morning's cereal , mars/twix & other shitty meme-bars or anything haribo .

Theses food have NO nutritional value , they are harmful in every way and the way they produce happiness is the same as the way drug produce happiness .

They're creating , marketing , selling something that is completely useless , but it fucking mess with the reward system in the brain of a simple minded .

You have 2 choice :
1.Blame the simple minded until he stop , increase the price of his food , stop helping him.

2.FUCKING CUT THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL .

Frankenfood should be banned
>>
File: pr.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pr.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>41328961
>Be me
>Business owner and tax payer
>Pic related can't stop eating
>Raise my taxes to cover his healthcare
>Raise my taxes to educate his ass
>Raise taxes on goods I can control eating

Meanwhile:

>Be him
>Be 2/3rds of America
>Demand fat acceptance
>Cry that you might be denied health care
>Demand others pay the bill
>Demand companies make magic pills
>ABSOLUTELY refuse to change eating habits

It's his genetics, am I right?
>>
>>41328986
I want my fucking taxes serving me, not some obese tub of shit who can't put the fork down because daddy never spanked his ass for eating the entire cookie jar.
>>
>>41329061
>Raise my taxes to cover his healthcare
>Raise my taxes to educate his ass
>Raise taxes on goods I can control eating
Literally none of this happened except soda taxes in certain cities namely NY. You should pray for better health education tho as that is the most effective way to lower healthcare costs
>>
>>41329061
I genuinely believe in food addiction

No matter how you look at it we're hormonal being , if you fuck up your body too much it can reach a point when you're so leptin resistant that satiety can not exist .
>>
>>41329076
>me
>me
>me
You sound like a 12 year old. Society isn't centered around you sweetie. Dont like how taxes are being spent? Campaign to change it. Dont like how fatties are draining healthcare? Advocating better education and stricter fda regulation is the only solution
>>
>>41329089
What do you think that documentary is advocating?

They want regulations and taxes.

Regulations kill the free market and create cartels.
Taxes kill businesses and your quality of life.

Seriously, you ban Cola and Tyrone will start brewing it in his bathtub.

You'll solve nothing because the demand will still be there for junk from these fat fucks.
>>
>>41326277
>The UK has equal or higher obesity rates than the US

I encourage anyone who believes this to do a simple google search
>>
>>41329128
Yeah, me me me me me, I don't work my ass off to have some liberal Jew dig in my pockets so that tubby over there can have a free heart transplant.
>>
>>41329164
wall at least Tyrone can't advertise his cereal as "heart healthy" or can't market it with " no added sugar " , he'll also don't have access to a funny animal mascot to brainwash kids .
>>
>>41329091
Addiction is a lack of self control. Be it heroin, cigarettes, or sugar.
>>
>>41329205
Not until he starts rapping about how cool it is anyway, am I right?
>>
>>41329164
>regulations kill the free market
>taxes kill businesses
*citation needed
>youll solve nothing
Tighter tabacco regulations particularly in advertising combined with education campaigns have dramatically slashed tabacco related illness and death

>tyrone will make coca cola in hos bath tub
>taxes kill your quality of life
Come on man. This is level 0 bait
>>
>>41329189
Again this is par for the course of living in a developed country. Death and taxes you know. Feel free to move to somalia or some shit though
>>
>>41325223
is he the real hero of /fit/?
>>
>>41329217
Blatant misinformation. There is a biological component to it
>>
>>41327998
It's true, I used candy to wean myself off smack.
>>
>>41329189
>free heart transplant
Nigger what country are you from? Cause it sure aint america. Ffs one of tvs most celebrated shows is based on the premise of selling meth to afford life saving healthcare
>>
>>41329278
The biological component is a few days of withdrawals until you detox. Everything after that is self control. Fuck, you get on keto and you get sugar withdrawls until your body starts producing ketones.

Everything comes down to habits which are fundamentally self control.
>>
>>41326921

>especially in a free market
>free market
>meanwhile corn subsidies are the reason companies can churn out dirt cheap refined food

really makes you think
>>
>>41329237
>Come on man. This is level 0 bait

I fucking paid $14000 in taxes this year.

How much did you pay?

Suck my dick you fucking art school dropout.
>>
>>41325027
>bread
>pasta
>rice

>bad

What. Like sure they don't have enough protien for heavy gaining, but how can you think they are not healthy for the layman?
>>
>>41329311
>A show about degeneracy is one of the most celebrated shows

Funny, I wonder how successful Walt would be in his murder empire if Meth was legal.
>>
>>41329352
I don't agree with subsidies.

Cut them.

Cut them all.
>>
>>41328974
Isn't that true for all vitamins though? I don't know about pregnant women, but I think all of them can be consumed in excess, to the point where they will have more bad health effects than good. That doesn't mean it's easy or common to over consume though. I've only seen vitamin c as an unnecessary supplement, but not a dangerous one.
>>
>>41329358
>i have 0 arguments
>here are unsubstantiated numbers and name calling instead
Cool argument mr business
>>
>>41329456
>You trying to put your hands in my pocket to help the "poor and feeble"
>Wonder why I'm angry

Seriously?
>>
File: socialist-hypocrisy-comic.png (107KB, 780x800px) Image search: [Google]
socialist-hypocrisy-comic.png
107KB, 780x800px
>>41329128
>You
>You
>You

Pic related.
>>
>>41329471
Youre being asked to pay taxes and do your civic duty. The only reason youre angry is because you have the mentality of a 3rd grader
>>
>>41329504
Yes. Health education is socialism now
>>
>>41329504
>everything i disagree with is socialism
Brilliant
>>
>>41329546
Thats how arguments on 4chan wprk. Everyone on the right is a fascist bigot and everyone on the left is a socialist cuck. There is no room for anything in between
>>
>>41329528
If it's not private, it's what?
>>
>>41329573
So public schools should be disbanded then? Police, roads, utilities should all be abandoned or privatized? Youre a fucking child. Please educate yourself on what socialism is. I know its fun to use words you hear on tv but every civilization since sumaria isnt "socialism"
>>
>>41329519
Show me where it says it's my civic duty to pay taxes so some fat ass can get a gastric bypass and a heart transplant.
>>
>>41329597
Yes. Privatize it all. Time and time again government has shown to be a bloated and inefficient bureaucracy that caters more to "muh feelings" than facts.
>>
>>41329599
Well the 16th amendment comes to mind. Im sure you can find a few more examples depending on where you live
>>
>>41329633
Now about the latter part, that being my civic duty to pay for a fat body.
>>
>>41329258
>if you don't like certain aspects of where you live you can't complain, only move elsewhere
>>
>>41325027
>almost all breads
>>most pastas
>>white rice
>>fluoridated water
kys this isn't facebook.
>>
>>41329658
You have to pay taxes. You dont get to pick and choose what programs. If you have a desire to change these policies write your congressman or better yet run for office. Maybe mention a focus on civics education because you went your whole life without knowing how your own country is ran
>>
>>41326649
the right one looks like such a bitch i wanna hatefuck her
>>
>>41329679
Complian until your lungs give out. Youll never abolish taxes in a developed country
>>
>>41329599
>Internal Revenue Code section 1
Section 1 of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 1 or simply IRC §1), titled "Tax Imposed" is the law that imposes a federal income tax on taxable income, and sets forth the amount of the tax to be paid. A similar tax on corporations is set forth in IRC §11.
Any more brilliant questions?
>>
File: 1488992885129-a.jpg (50KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1488992885129-a.jpg
50KB, 406x364px
>>41329128
>call someone else a 12-year old
>"sweetie"
I really do hate this fucking site sometimes
>>
>>41325489
>>white rice is bad for you
>I still don't get this meme.

I don't think it's bad for you if you eat it around workouts, but I think the issue is that most people's diet includes large amounts of carbs with every meal, so the rice just compounds that problem. Normies tend to eat a lot of rice with e.g. chinese food, which for the most part is pretty unhealthy.

That said most normie diets are so terrible that replacing many of their meals with something that has rice instead will bring benefits. E.g. instead of burger and fries, rice and fish, that's an obvious improvement. However, not necessarily optimal, I try to replace most of my side-carbs with stir fried vegetables, like I shred a whole kale and have half of that stir fried on the side of my chicken or fish.

I'll still eat muh oatz in the morning after a workout and plenty of side-carbs for dinner on workout days, though.
>>
>>41329732

I don't think the poster you replied to is complaining about taxes as such, only that said taxes are being misspent, which is a legit complaint.
>>
File: critical.jpg (91KB, 728x514px) Image search: [Google]
critical.jpg
91KB, 728x514px
I saw it awhile back, it does make some valid points.

However,

Watch your portions, watch your macro's, don't eat over your total daily expenditure in calories unless you are below 15% BF and trying to increase your weight, watch your sugar intake and keep it low.

Do these things and you will be fine. The abundance of food and good marketing is not the problem, just like guns are not the problem, just like marijuana is not the problem, just like knives are not the problem, just like video games are not the problem, just like Trump is not the problem.

People will forever and always be the problem, people who refuse to take responsibility, people who refuse to self reflect, people who blame certain things instead of another persons actions.
>>
>>41329799
To that i would respond with
>>41329715
However there is at least one fucking moron in here advocating a 0 tax policy
>>41329632
>>
>>41329416
Anon who posted that earlier here. What I meant was that 'fortified' and 'enriched' foods are bad, since they're pretty much made from stuff that's been stripped of all nutritional value and mixed with a few vitamins. I didn't mean the vitamins themselves were bad
>>
>>41329819
Dont you think we should at least educate people to the dangers of these diets? Junk food companies are running advertisements virtually unchecked thats a pretty bad balance of information. Aaron rodgers trlling kids to go play 60 minutes on sundays cant undo years of dietary conditioning
>>
>>41329715
Why should writing letters to congressmen or running for office be the only way to express dissatisfaction with the status quo? Why do you tell people who disagree with government policy to either leave the country or get politically involved? Why can't people just vent on a Saudi slave trading forum without having to feel obligated to impose exile on themselves?
>>
>>41329877
Go ahead. See how far that gets you. I doubt trump frequents /fit/
>>
>>41329877
>why should i change things i dont like
You sound obese
>>
>>41329877
>bitch nonstop
>do nothing to change
That mentality is whats wrong with this country
>>
>>41328200
German here poppy seed rolls are my favorite also a while back we had an amarican soilder call the on a German family because they have him some poppy seed cake
>>
>>41329911
Do you not understand that not every discussion has to result in tax reforms? Sometimes it's just talk for the sake of talk, or venting.

When your buddy says "man, that art installation the city bought is a waste of money," do you tell him he needs to either move elsewhere or start a campaign, or do you just say "yup" and move on?
>>
>>41329819
Brainwashed free marketeers are the true cucks of the 21st century. Continue to shill for industries that actively seek to cause you harm.
>>
>>41329972
Not an argument
>>
I don't blame the companies for trying to make money, "hurr durr da free market". I blame the government for not stepping in at least as far as education goes...

Nutrition and finance (every year since elementary) should be mandatory subjects in school.

But don't ban junk food (the easy solution), there's nothing wrong with the occasional cheat meal as part of a balanced diet.
>>
>>41325027
Why is bread, pasta and white rice bad faggot?
>>
>>41330839
It's not "bad" per se, but if you aren't doing enough cardio, it's not good for cutting.
>>
>>41330886
Why the fuck would I cut if I'm living a healthy lifestyle you fucking broscience RETAAAAAAAAAAAAARD.
>>
>>41328863
>Fat cannot get turned into glucose or glycogen, my man.
American education everyone.
All macros are stored as fat when consumed over TDEE, including fat. Fat stores get turned into glucose and glycogen.

Don't be retarded on purpose.
>>
>>41326921
>put higher taxes on bad food especially candy and soda
>use the money for the public healthcare system

a win/win if you ask me, dont see whats wrong with that a healthy person wont consume large amounts of fastfood, soda or candy anyway so the government can go ahead and tax them for all I care just use the money to fight obesity or improve healthcare and I am all for it.
>>
>>41330839
glycemic index & insulin response but honestly there arent really studies that show that not eating rice is gonna be better it just seems like broscience and the insulin peaks are way overrated.
>>
>>41324111
>If a child grows up eating shit it really isn't entirely their fault.
It's the parents' fault, not the industry's. A business does what makes them money, period.
>>
>>41329217
So someone who is addicted to heroin, alcohol or prescription drugs, simple has to stop taking those drugs and instantly their "self-control" will prevent their bodies from withdrawling/pukeing/shutting down horribly when you cut off that biological addiction?

Oh wait..
>>
>>41331319
I just said it isn't the child's fault. It's the parents being retarded and not knowing about nutrition, which can be partially blamed on the government and food industry. If they never learned about it, schools often serve fast food, they will believe a Kraft product saying "Healthy alternative" or "Contains fiber and fruits".
>>
>>41328863
>This is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've ever read. Actually if you believe that sugar can cause diabetes in 2017 you should probably stop trying to understand the world and just become a pencil salesman
Excess sugar and carbs causes insulin resistance that causes diabetes.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.