[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have a hard time hitting their lats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 0.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
I did 36 pull ups (up to six down to one), 3×10 heavy (for me) dumbbell rows, and I'm about to do more neutral grip pullups to hit them even more. I can just barely feel them working at this point. WTF, why are lats so hard to hit?

Gonna do some shoulders to see if fatiguing muscle groups surrounding my lats will force them to work harder.
>>
>>41322884
do (full range of motion)chinups and actively pull yourself with lats
>>
>>41322884
nope.
>>
Go lighter on the DB rows and do them sloooooowwwwww
>>
i find them pretty easy to hit OP

maybe you're just too light to get a good training effect from unweighted pullups/chinups
>>
>>41322884
lat pulldowns hit mine harder than chins ever did

i pretty much gave up on chins in favour of using pulldowns for all my vert pull progression. tried a set of pull ups earlier today and hit 28. the whole "have to train them to be functional etc." is bollocks
>>
try doing easier exercises first to build up straight and grip
try reading this post i found it helpful
https://boxofhealth.net/2017/04/29/best-body-weight-exercises/
>>
>>41322884
>36 pull ups
The fuck? That's literally cardio. Do heavy weighted chins or pulls, no more than 8 reps in a set. Finish up with heavy lat pulldowns.
>>
It's because you are doing your pullups wrong. I see people doing that shit all the time

Pull with your ELLBOW and do it slowly. That way it's guaranteed for you to do the right form automatically.

Lat's are not hard to hit, it's just that people don't really understand the anatomy of the human body well enough to do it spontaneously and impulsively
>>
>>41324522
Chins are for biceps though? Never heard someone doing chins for lats
>>
>>41324627

Not the guy you are quoting but like i said in the post prior to yours, it's all about the execution

Pullups, chinups and rows are ALL either for biceps or for the back. It just depends on how you execute them

Pull with arms --> biceps
Pull with elbow --> back

That's why many can't do a single pullup. Nobody knows how to workout properly
>>
>>41322884
I find my lats to be more engaged (soreness felt) when doing close grip than wide grip. Also after switching to close grip, I see massive change in 2 months

Also swimming
>>
>>41324677
I think it has something to do with my lats insertion being quite high and close to the underarm. If you watch that one Athlean-x video about muscle fibres and how different workouts work them based on angle of movement etc. you can imagine what I mean
>>
Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the peak of the movement.
Concentrate on the mind-muscle connection and the feeling of your back actually opening on closing. It might sound dumb, but it's usually helpful to think about that stuff when you're having a hard time targeting a particular muscle.
>>
Other lanklets have problems with that too?
>>
File: 1481847626286.jpg (82KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481847626286.jpg
82KB, 1080x1080px
what you feel (pump/doms/whatever) isnt indicative of how hard a muscle is being used. used actual improvements in strength and size as an indicator instead
>>
>>41324660
basic understanding of human anatomy tells us that:

1. elbow flexion cannot happen without the biceps contracting
2. your humerus rotating downward (as it does in a chin-up, pullup, pulldown, or pullover) cannot happen without the lats contracting

if you can't do a single pullup, it's because you're a fat weak fuck, not because you don't know how to activate your lateral almonds
>>
>>41322884
Do some weighted pull ups you god damn pussy puss
You're probably a skinny fag whose bodyweight not enough to create the stimulus needed for the muscle growth.
Pick a weight heavy enough for u to do 5x5 and repeat, use bw pull ups to burnout afterwards.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.