[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is kickboxing a good sport for someone who wants to learn to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: punchpepe-splitt.jpg (30KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
punchpepe-splitt.jpg
30KB, 620x310px
Is kickboxing a good sport for someone who wants to learn to fight, but has no fighting experience?
>>
>>41316502
fighting in general is retarded. It's like dancing. Some people will find it cool and you can bust it out sometimes, but most of the time if you do i randomly, they'll think you are retarded.
>>
>>41316529
i meant like fighting to defend oneself. fighting to fight is fine. In which case, you'll probably want o pick up some grappling.
>>
>>41316502
Kickboxing is draining and time consuming, just like any other martial art, it requires a lot of consistency and practice to be good at.
I say go for it if that's what you like, but be prepared to go through a lot of hard conditioning, in both physical and psychological ways.
>>
>>41316502
would say that kick boxing and mma is better for street fighting

i do boxing which is good for working range and landing punches
>>
>>41316529
How is having a means to defend yourself retarded?
>>
>>41316502
No fighting experience and +16? Boxing
Did taekwondo/karate when young? Thai boxing/kickboxing
Did lots of different sports and have good cardio and mobility? The fuck u want
Amateur MMA? Amateur MMA

Dont go meme, if you go to traditional Japan/korean martial arts, it's because u want a black belt. Don't go for fucking kicking or street fighting or MMA. Kicks are HARD and u have to use them with punches/knees/elbows so Thai/kickboxing would be goat.
>>
most street fights are standing up, fists against fists. nothing beats boxing in that regard.

if you want to win fights without the risk of killing another person (head hitting cement after a knockout), learn judo/wrestling takedowns and BJJ.

if you want to save a whole lot of time and money, get a gun. don't antagonize people, be a gentle person, run away from bad situations, and use a gun if your life is in danger.
>>
>>41316562
>>41316973
>>41317102

Man.
Boxing.
>>
File: 1493622560160.png (3MB, 1406x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1493622560160.png
3MB, 1406x4000px
>>41316502
nah, its pretty bad.
If you wan to learn to fight, you should do boxing or Muay thai to beat up the avergae person, and then BJJ or judo for ground defense (not your avergae person)
>>
>>41316502
Muay Thai is better if you've got a decent gym.
>>
File: tumblr_ojzyo2ktHo1r82bcvo1_1280.jpg (47KB, 739x437px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojzyo2ktHo1r82bcvo1_1280.jpg
47KB, 739x437px
>>41316529
https://youtu.be/62RKN7ql840
>>
>>41316502
Started kickboxing a year ago, its alright but its more sport-oriented that self-defense

muay thai is better for that desu, and of course bjj if you can do that at the same time
>>
>>41317439
Good list eventhough i'd place Savate and Kick-boxing much higher if you don't train in McDojo. However it lacks a 4th element for a martial art to be useful in real life : intense practice. If you train for self defense rather than for the sake of doing sports you have to train really fucking hard because if you're even slightly drunk against someone who won't play by your rules things get much harder than on a ring.
>>
>>41316502
you should try zumba
>>
I wanna start doing muay thai /fit/, but I'm clueless about it. How do I tell shitty gyms from good ones?
>>
>>41317952
If the coach has had a good martial art career and some good fighters train in that gym, it's probably good. Just make sure the coach understands well that you're planning on competing once you'll be ready too. You don't want him to give you the female treatment
>>
>>41317952
check if they have actual athletes that compete and win on a high level for example
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.