[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sugarholics Anonymous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Sugar-Addiction.jpg (72KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Sugar-Addiction.jpg
72KB, 720x576px
My name is anon and I've been a sugarholic for 15 years.

How do I escape the sugar goblin? I get withdrawals if I go a single day without a heavy dose.
>>
try no-fap
>>
literary oats
>>
>>41314114

I'll try it. I'm desperate at this stage.
>>
>>41314078
Swap the addiction for something else such as

>coffee
>smoking
>cocaine
>sugar-free drinks with loads of 'will-probably-kill-you-but-wont-make-you-fat' chemicals
>coffee
>>
>>41314125
exprain
>>
>>41314078
Been there, here's how I got out of sugar addiction:
Fast completely for a few days. Only water, don't workout if no energy or eat sth like eggs before working out if you choose to.
Then, switch to 20/4 intermittent fasting. I start by making a huge salad/vegetable/chicken bowl. If you haven't eaten the entire day, you'll crave that shit. Throw some seeds and nuts in there. After that, allow yourself to eat anything that has no refined sugars in it.
Some great snacks to finish off:
1. Mash banana and peanut butter, throw in some chia seeds and put that shit on some rice crackers.
2. Apple slices with powdered almonds.
3. Get creative.

Avoid all types of premade sauces, spices and diced tomatoes are your best friend when it comes to flavor
>>
>>41314078
cinnamon
>>41314125
also this
>>
Im beginning a sugar cleanse Monday. I really hope if I can push through the first week the cravings will start to disappear.
>>
Yeah sugar is a bitch. The way I think of it, our body naturally crave sweet foods because in nature sweet foods = fruit. When i crave sweet crap now I just eat some delicious fruit and it goes away. Plus, fruit is full of water and fiber so its pretty filling unlike processed garbage.
>>
>>41314260

Good advice. I feel so pathetic for not having the will power to just stop but it really is an addiction.
>>
Try to taper off and then just stop, man. It's hard but it's possible.
>>
File: 188.jpg (41KB, 477x256px) Image search: [Google]
188.jpg
41KB, 477x256px
>>41314335
this sounds as pathetic as those alcoholics that call it a disease. just man up and stop
>>
>>41314335
Just drop it.

I dropped sugar like two weeks ago.

Coffee tastes fine with just milk.
>>
Just use splenda or stevia
>>
>>41314335
It's completely hormonal, actually. Look up the relation between insulin and weight gain, there are a few good videos on youtube. I know how it feels not being able to stop. Only thing that works for me is only eating in the evening. I recommend you read about fasting, intermittent fasting and insulin. Start by watching Dr. Fung on youtube, he explains it very well.
>>
>>41314432
>Coffee with milk
What that's not how you drink it
>>
>>41314455
fuck off
>>
>>41314505
Explain
I've been carb cycling and when I want something sweet that's what I do
>>
File: fattycoffeeabeljames.jpg (74KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
fattycoffeeabeljames.jpg
74KB, 400x536px
>>41314432
>not having fatty coffee with butter or other oils
>>
File: 1491412250049.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491412250049.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>41314078
lchf its easy to forget sweets when you're not eating bread
>>
>>41314078
K E T O
E
T
O
>>
>>41314078

Keto is what worked for me.

Oddly, I didn't even intend to do keto. I was a fatty and just ordered some frozen meal plan I found on the interweb. After eating it for a few weeks, and I started losing weight, I looked at what the food was and suddenly realized, hey, wait a minute, I'm actually doing low carb.

I haven't had a single soda since, and that was over a year ago.
>>
is it alright if i get like 4g of sugar a day from bbq sauce. am i still considered like "on sugar"
>>
>>41314432
>"dropped sugar"
>still drink milks with LACTOSE

lol
>>
>>41314205
If archer's taught me anything, it's that cocaine is great for crash diets.
>>
>>41314505
what's wrong with stevia?
>>
File: 1492223546684.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492223546684.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>41314575
yeah , I had 2 square a of chocolate last night while watching my 600 pound fattie life
>>
>>41314523
>>41314633
stevia is fine, but splenda and other artifical sweetners though are mostly garbo
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/02/10/new-study-of-splenda-reveals-shocking-information-about-potential-harmful-effects.aspx
>>
>>41314523
>>41314633
There's nothing wrong with stevia

Splenda, on the other hand, you should avoid. Powdered sucralose is not good, but apparently liquid sucralose is fine. you'd have to check that, i usually just stick only to stevia.

Make sure you get a brand that is not mixed with Maltodextrin. Look mainly for Erythritol and Rebiana A (which is what the stevia extract is sometimes called in ingredient labels)
>>
>>41314657
The only thing listed here of any concern is "can impair appetite regulation"
Sucralose is fine
https://examine.com/nutrition/artificial-sweeteners-is-the-evidence-as-sweet-as-these-substitutes/
>>
Literally nothing wrong with artificial sweeteners. They dont spike insulin like eating
>>
I've got a specific kind of brain damage that makes it almost impossible for me to get addicted to anything, so it's easier for me in general but you should do keto.
>>
>>41314941
>specific kind of brain damage that makes it almost impossible for me to get addicted to anything

tell me more anon
>>
>>41314850
>>41314772
https://www.ruled.me/keto-diet-plan-best-and-worst-sweeteners/

here's a good article about different non-sugar sweeteners and their GI effects
>>
>>41314987
Aphantasia, depersonalization, severely deficient autobiographical memory, a combination of the above, whatever. I don't miss stuff. Thirst is pretty much the only thing that feels like an actual need, and I can forget about that too if I get depressed enough.
>>
>>41314078
>repeatedly doing something that is good for you
>addiction
Pick one.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.