[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: flabby_abby.jpg (290KB, 716x1024px) Image search: [Google]
flabby_abby.jpg
290KB, 716x1024px
So I've been doing a diet and exercise regimen since around last August. Down from a complete fat fuck to a slight fat fuck with some muscle. want to lose maybe ~30-40lbs more before I start bulking muscle.

My problem is, despite doing a lot of cardio and
lifting, I'm having trouble getting rid of flab. Shit just kinda hangs, which makes me looks worse than I should at this point.

Is this shit just from loose skin that I will have to get rid of with surgery?
>>
>>41313114
Post pic if you want legitimate answers. How much weight did you lose in what time frame? What's your diet like? How often do you train?

We can't help without knowing some details.
>>
Down from around 350 (Maybe more, not sure didnt weigh myself for a while) to around 275, but I have definitely put on some muscle weight recently. Shooting for 240. I'm 6'2" and built like a linebacker, so 240 is pretty skinny weight for me.

Working on improving my diet, as I think I was calorie-depriving way too much early on. Right now I'm at around 2000 calories a day, a lot of which I get from Soylent (for shear convenience since I am so busy during the week), then I do one solid meal a day, usually something like rice beans and grilled chicken and a spinach salad. Working on improving my diet more.
>>
>>41313137
Training at least 3 days a Week, averaging 4. Usually do 30 minutes of Cardio followed by lifting, which I rotate muscle groups that I focus on. Not super organized with it, just try to hit every muscle group at least twice a week with time in between. Using free weights.
Time frame is since August of 2016, so less than a year.
>>
>>41313114

Contrary to popular belief, youre not seeing "loose skin". Theres no such thing.
How fast you lose fat, what weight you were has nothign to do with it.

Pinch the back of your hand, or even your knuckle and watch it spring back. You see that elasticity? The amount you were able to grab?

Thats how tight and THIN a person's skin is.
Skin is only a few millimeters thick. Ever cut your hand? Or injure yourself in a superficial way?
Exactly how "thick" was skin you punctured?

You see when you get fat, it gets stored in multiple places- you have visceral fat, which gets packed around your organs. A little is essential to life, too mcuh sends you to the ER (aka All Burgers All Day Everyday). You have intramuscular fat, the marbling you see between tissues of muscle (ive bet you've seen this stuff on steak at the supermarket). People tend to lose intramuscular fat at the start of dieting, a long with visceral fat- this makes the scale change the quickest, but not the mirror.

The final and most stubborn fat is what is called Subcutaneous fat, which is right under the skin.
When your body runs out of places to store extra energy, it starts stuffing it here. This is your so called "flab" OP.
That muffin top shit. That weird, distended bulk on the 600lb behemoths on TLC.

On men, it accumulates around the abdomen and women the hips, buttocks and thigh area.

1/2
>>
>>41313411
Go on....
>>
>>41313411

Subcutaneous is fat is the LAST thing to go, because of the nature of how it is formed.
I wont list all the details here, you can Google this if your interested, but the way these fat cells are formed is actually different from the first two.

They have these weird cell structures that are difficult for the body to mobilize with oxygen.
(The whole process of exercise is essentially to "burn" this stored cell of fat by emptying it of energy. This emptying process involves generating heat, through motion and force production, during exercise. The result of the burnt fat is oxygenation.)

The visceral and intramuscular fat, the areas of your body they reside in, have a higher amount of pathways that allow them to be burnt.

Your subcutaneous fat DOES NOT HAVE AS MANY. Which means it takes even longer for your body to get rid of your flab.
Cue sadness.
>But what do I do about all this shit brofessor?

The simple answer is: Cut for longer.

No really.
Thats it.

If you still have some excess fat on you, and youve been cutting for a long time, do a small stint (like a week) of maintenance calories to get your metabolism up to speed.
This will allow you to bypass the adaptations your body has made to prolonged fat loss and speed up your cut. (Google refeed, or just "diet break", by Lyle McDonald, hes in the Fucking Sticky).

When youve done the break/refeed continue cutting as usual until the last of the subcutaneous fat is gone.

Then do Whatever the FUCK you wanna do.
>>
>>41313551

Holy shit Brofessor, I think you just gave me the exact information I needed to fix my problem. I definitely think I should try a diet break, because with all the cutting for as long as I have my metabolism definitely has to be on straight starvation mode. I will look up the literature you suggested on this. I have noticed that I am pretty stuck around 275 right now and have been for a few weeks. I attributed this to some extra muscle growth since I've been upping all my weights for the past month since I realized I was being too much a pussy with adding weight.

Thanks for all the info. I will look up more info about this type of fat and try out what you suggested.

I also just ordered a stack of L-Carnatine and CLA since a lot of body builders swear by it for cutting, figured it was worth a shot since there is some studies that suggest it helps with diet and exercise.
>>
>>41313551

Oh yeah, that was 2/2.

A note: and while you are refeeding, you are going to hold a superficial amount of water, which will make your scale go up.
THIS WEIGHT IS NOT FAT. Do not freak out.

Your muscle is just replenishing itself with water from carbohydrate, because you are training for some time and the muscles have depleted glycogen. **This info will probably be with the diet break stuff you googled.

The result is your muscle looking full and giving you more energy to do more training, for fat loss.

You can do this.

>>41313642
You are welcome, I hope it works out for you. I To date, I have not tried the supplements you listed, so I cannot give advice. However, I have lost about 114 pounds without the use of stimulants or fat burners and have not had trouble burning fat after refeeds.
Research carefully, and do not be easily parted from your shekels.

You gonna look shredded anon!
Good luck!
>>
>>41313702
Yeah I am always skeptical in general, but L-Carnatine has some substance to it from what I researched. It is a non-stimulant amino acid that aids in the transportation of fat to use as energy, and in theory, increasing this amino acid (particularly if you are deficient) will aid in weight loss because it is easier to transport. I guess we'll have to see, but there are some studies that suggest it helps.
>>
>>41313767

It doesnt sound like it could hurt, in that case.
I would try it in isolation, before the CLA, and see how it goes.
That way you can gauge what is working first.

Hopefully, it will yield some good results.
>>
File: IMG_20170503_174609.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_174609.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>41313114
Hello, OP, I'm Here to give u a bit of hope my dude
I was fat as fuck, and looked like shit about 2 months back
I've lost so much weight but the loose skin is rather minute.
Here's a pic of my before:
>>
File: IMG_20170503_173924.jpg (270KB, 1203x901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_173924.jpg
270KB, 1203x901px
>>41313831
Two months later:
>>
>>41313831
Oh wow, so it looks like that extra flab just really is the LAST thing to go. Thanks man, Good to know!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.