[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While I love lifting and eating healthier, doesn't the burden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: peanutbutter.jpg (43KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
peanutbutter.jpg
43KB, 580x435px
While I love lifting and eating healthier, doesn't the burden of knowledge kind of come with it? If I go to a restaurant, I'm afraid to just eat until I'm full because I know damn well food that delicious is going to be loaded with carbs, fats, and oils. If I just ate as much as I felt like eating I'd totally blow my calories. Does anyone else get the feeling that you can't just let loose and not worry about what you're eating for a while?
And don't tell me about flexible dieting or starving myself for my other two meals, that takes the enjoyment out of the experience. I should be able to enjoy a meal with the reassurance of knowing that I won't have to be hungry the rest of the day.
>>
>>41307924
Nope feeling a little guilty about known vices is just part of being an adult. Balance it in a healthy way and you can not feel guilty most of the time and still indulge some of the time. Also instead of starving yourself you could always just double your treadmill time/intensity or play more basketball whatever. You don't have to be linear in your thinking about food intake as long as you're willing to work more.
>>
>>41307972
I guess I'm just losing faith in a lot of stuff these days. Exercising and eating right always used to make me feel good, but these days it just feels like another burden the more I learn about what's healthy and not healthy.
>>
>>41307924
Yeah that shit totally redpills you. Restaurants are way fucked beyond just the nutritional content though degozaru
>>
File: 1470102572357.jpg (40KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1470102572357.jpg
40KB, 500x373px
>>41309374
Damn it. I just wanted to get /fit/. I never asked for the red pill.
>>
Omg CARBS??

FAAATSS?!?!?!?
>>
>>41307924

You sound like you have a fat person inside trying to get out.

Kill it, before it kills you.
>>
>>41307924
> Does anyone else get the feeling that you can't just let loose and not worry about what you're eating for a while?
No. Stop being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>41307972

Exercise barely makes up for overconsumption. But I do agree that trying to control yourself too much leads to explosive bouts of binging once you lose yourself for just a moment.

Balance by making a clear record of what and how much you've eaten. When you decide to indulge just look at the records and think again.
>>
>>41310441
Then you don't exercise hard enough faggot.
>>
You don't get fit or fat overnight. Don't be so anal about everything and let loose.

Unless you're a fat as fatass that is on keto because you have to lose fat right away you can enjoy yourself every once in awhile.
>>
If you're that much of a twat about it, either up your activity level for the day, or maybe just don't go.
>>
Same happened to me anon, idk where you live but the best option is to find an old lady or maybe some qt who is learning to be a cheff. They know how to make shit delicious and they know about nutrition so you can eat all you want from them. I started eating with a qt chef who lives close to me, now i just order my food from the nutricionist on my college (lol it costs me $0.04 per food)
>>
>>41307924

I know what you mean but we live in a culture of excess and so it's necessary to worry about these things. The simple fact is that if you don't pay attention to what you eat nowadays, you WILL end up fat and diabetic, it's just how the world works. Calorie counting may feel like it's negatively affecting your happiness, but I'm sure that on average your "happiness rating" is much much higher than that of an overweight person. You're taking your fitness for granted because it's now the norm for you, but the benefits of that fitness have stayed with you and are absolutely worth the small annoyance of having to think about what you eat.
>>
>>41311028
You'll only get fat if you're retarded. Once you've counted calories for a few months you can eyeball almost everything.
>>
>>41307924
Don't try to use puns, they may come off as offensive. Just choose something related and uplifting, people like to think they're doing good
>>
>>41307972
LOOOOL hahahaha such garbage advice could only come from a 16 year old redditor summerfriend
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.