[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anterior Pelvic Tilt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: R-300x237.png (23KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
R-300x237.png
23KB, 300x237px
Well fit, I'm 90% sure I have a case of anterior pelvic tilt. I think it's affecting my squat and rows. Now that the weight is starting to go up I think since my lower back is constantly flexing doing the work even while just normally standing or walking, my lower back doesn't have time to rest and recover. I also sleep on my stomach which I know doesn't help.

Does anybody have any experience with this? How best to correct it and how long it took before you noticed a change. As of right now I'm making a conscious effort to engage my glutes and abs while standing and walking around. Can I keep squatting and adding weight to the bar? I don't want to lose progress on my squat but I don't want to fuck my back up either.
>>
>>41305484
How may hours a day do you spend sitting? I've got the same problem and I sit all fucking day for work. Been thinking about getting a standing desk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg
>>
>>41306785
Most of the day. It's probably how my posture got fucked up in the first place. My stomach never used to stick out like it does right now. I'm going to try and correct it because I think it's having an impact on my lifts and recovery.
>>
>>41307172
sitting that much definitely shortens the hip flexor muscles which could be causing anterior pelvic tilt
>>
>>41307226
I'm going to start stretching every single day, do planks every single day, and I'm going to do weighted glute bridges after I squat. Also probably going to lower the weight on my squat which sucks just because I think it's been stressing my lower back too much.
>>
Im close to fixing it

All you gotta do is strenghten the weaker muscles and avoid doing too much exercise on the stronger muscles

Aka, work the glutes, and the back of your quads. And your abs/core. Avoid the lower back and hip flexors until it gets better. Dont do hanging leg raises as ab exercises either, they use the hip flexors too much
>>
>>41305484
It's fine is you're a girl with it. It made my ex gfs butt and tum look cute
>>
>>41305484
http://www.exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html#Lordosis
Do these stretches and do planks. Stay straight everytime you.can, sleep on your back with a pillow underneath you
>>
>>41307501
What about weighted decline sit ups? Those still fine?
>>
>>41307501
You think squats and rows are ok to do while I'm trying to correct it? I know squats hit the glutes but I think my spinal erectors are doing too much of the work during my "hip drahve" and they aren't ever getting a proper rest because they're constantly engaged
>>
>>41307671
low bar would be best due to the increased focus on the hamstrings and glutes
>>
>>41307731
I'm definitely lowering the weight and making sure I focus on glute and hamstring activation then
>>
>>41305484
I started noticing the same problem, I've been doing the same as you (engaging glutes/abs throughout the day) this has helped a lot
Another thing that you can do is a mobility routine, even just a basic one will help loosen you up and improve form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsT_go-oCcQ
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.