[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pull Up Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 61DUEUZTYLL._SL1500_.jpg (80KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61DUEUZTYLL._SL1500_.jpg
80KB, 1500x1500px
Can anyone tell me how to improve on my pullup reps. I can currently do 5 good ones before struggling. My goal is to be able to do at least 15 good ones. What machines can do I do and or what regiment can I follow to reach my goal.
would pic related help???
>>
File: 3.png (525KB, 767x1036px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
525KB, 767x1036px
>>41304905
>would a pull up bar help me do pull ups
Sure anon, sure.
>>
>>41304905

do assisted pull ups with counterweight, or use a chair
>>
>>41304905
The best way to be able to do more pullups is just doing more pullups.

When you are doing a set, for you as you said it is five, with ACTUAL GOOD form, not these cucks that gymnastic' their way up.
but from dead hang, set the shoulders all the way back (contracting scapula), pull without ANY momentum up to the point as high as you can go WITHOUT letting your shoulders fall back forward (you see this alot, as people get to a point, and let their shoulders roll back forward, just in order get that last bit of distance in the movement, making a sort of a 7 shape movement)
then with the same control, STILL keeping the shoulders back, lower back down to dead hang

when you have exhausted as many as you can do with that form, then when u get to the top of the last one, just stay there at the highest point, really focusing on pulling you shoulders back and contracting your lats even more, while eventually the failure of the muscle will naturally lower you down again
>>
File: 1491240474183.jpg (51KB, 540x582px) Image search: [Google]
1491240474183.jpg
51KB, 540x582px
>What machines can do I do and or what regiment can I follow to reach my goal
Do pull ups to do pull ups
>>
File: jej.png (85KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
jej.png
85KB, 226x223px
>>41305434
lmao its summer already
>>
>>41305455
Truth hurts
>>
good rule of thumb is 2x5 pullups with a final set to exhaustion. If your form is proper (ie, actually utilizing your muscles instead of momentum) and all other factors considered, thats more than fine
>>
>>41304905
home pullup bar and frequency method, do 2-3 a few times each day
you can self-assist with your foot on a chair like >>41305322 said or in a rack by placing a bar in position
negative reps after finishing a set; jump or step up assist into the top position and slowly lower. these cause a lot of soreness sometimes. limit 5 or so negatives at a set, only 1 maybe 2 sets
lat pulldown machine using pullup form, 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps
bentover rows both underhand and overhand grip
cable rows, chest supported rows, etc
barbell pullover

do maybe frequency if you have a bar at home, do maybe 1-2 of the other assistance at each workout and do negatives after doing pullups at the gym
>>
>>41305408
thanks scooby
>>
There is no secret to doing pull ups OP. Every time you see a pull-up bar do three max sets (3xF). I also like doing pull up pyramids every other day.

I did 22 strict pull ups this morning and I'm 6 ft 200lbs with long as fuck arms, a couple years ago I could do like 7
>>
I have found weighted pull ups have helped me more than anything else.

Add 1.25 or 2.5kg per workout start aim for 3 sets of 5, in a few weeks you will be able to do 10 unweighted.

I have gone from 8 to 13 in a couple weeks and now do 3x5 with 10 kg pretty easy.
>>
>>41304905
Work let me buy one of those for the office, they work just fine so long as you follow the instructions. I have a pull-up/chin/up/dip station tower at home. At uni I had one that had metal cups you screwed into the doorframe and telescoped it out into. Before *that* I did chinups off a deep and sturdy doorframe.

When I got started I just tried to do as many pullups as I could each time I went through a door, on alternating days. At first I was too weak to do a full one, so I just did as many partials as high as I could until I built up to a full one, then built up until two full ones, etc.
>>
Lose weight
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.