[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a stupid question, that was propably asked a thousands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: alcohol[1].jpg (741KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol[1].jpg
741KB, 2048x1536px
I got a stupid question, that was propably asked a thousands of times here. How bas is drinking for your gains?
My mate told me that for 4 days after being drunk its absolutely pontless to work out, cos your body won't build any muscles. Is there any thruth in that? Can I say get drunk every saturday and work out all week and have my gains? I know that alcohol is just empty calories, but is it actually worse than that or are others theories just bullshit?
>>
Workouts the day after suck regardless of any reduction in recovery or hormones. That is enough to hurt you. Or maybe I'm just too old at 26, but I always feel weaker after a night of drinking.
>>
Liquor stops protein absorption. Not for 4 fucking days, but till it's out of your system.

Drinking every Saturday and working out 3-4 times during the week days wont really be a huge impact on your gains. That being said, it certainly wont help, and don't drink before a workout day.
>>
>>41304109
>>41304138

I see now you'd only drink Saturday. If you can keep it to that only that, then the % of "gains" you'd lose is likely approaching insignificant assuming it's not an insane amount of alcohol every Saturday. Binge drinking once a week is still binge drinking, but I've done it this way and really don't see many problems as long as my diet is in check otherwise.
>>
>>41304138
>>41304143
so basically if I work out mon-fri and drink after workut on saturday and have a day off on sunday I'm sorted (obviosuly cycling muscles grups so I don't train same muscels everyday)
>>
>>41304184
Yes. You wont have a huge impact on gains, but again, it isn't good for them either.
Saturday/Sunday should be rest days with plenty of protein (following a normal workout cycle).
>>
>>41304164
I am binge drinking. Every saturday I used to be shitfaced. I was coming home fck sideways. But now I'm starting to work out much more and was wondering if I have to quit completly.
>>
>>41304184
You probably won't get the most out of your later workouts, but If you're training hard otherwise I don't think the protein synthesis scare is a huge problem. It's not ideal, but if you're just working out to work out and not competing, being a normal fucking human being and drinking every so often is worth sacrificing 20 grams of muscle gains a week or whatever.
>>
It does counteract creatine.
>>
>>41304210
>and was wondering if I have to quit completly.
If you ever get serious about lifting and make it a hobby, you may quit drinking naturally.
I was the same. Used to binge drink every weekend. Now I'm too paranoid about rest/recovery, calorie intake, protein intake, and so on. Only drink when I go out to a bar with bros.
>>
>>41304235
So no point in taking it on friday and sunday? Or maybe friday is fine, since I start drinking at 11 at night so maybe the saturday gains are safe?
>>
>>41304341
Don't overthink it, and don't over train trying to make up for it. If you're going to drink you're going to drink, just do your routine.
>>
>>41304235
does any amount counteracts it? I mean what if I have one beer and an hour later I take creatine? Is this wasted creatine?
>>
File: 1493732814675_0.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1493732814675_0.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>41304433
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.