[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions of rowing as a sport? > Been considering joining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Opinions of rowing as a sport?

> Been considering joining a college rowing fraternity, seems like a lot of fun with good parties, but with the better opportunity to stay in shape than a regular fraternity.
>>
>>41303822
It's great and full body. I don't row in those twink boats like in op pic though. I row in long boats, skiffs and one designs
>>
>>41303822
I just wrote this >>41303813 in another thread.

Do it, it's fun.
>>
>>41303938
>Long boats
Only coxed fours and eights are longer mate what are you on about
>one design
What?
>>
>>41303822
Been rowing for almost half a year now, train 14 hours per week, fun thing about rowing is that you can get to a very high level within a very short time. Going to attempt some world records nobody cares about and thus are not very good on the erg next week for example.
Don't go train on the erg in the gym please, we get so much retards here that think that because they did it in the gym their technique is very good (its not), better to start with a clean canvas.
I'm rowing in europe but the rowimg culture is very different in other parts of the world
Ask any question you may have about rowing
>>
>>41304216
Hey man, I just started spring rowing at my local student rowing association. I'm wondering whether I should aim to compete in lightweight or open class.
Im currently 6"0, 80kg (175lbs).
I do however, have a skinny build. I reached 80kilos after ~1year of weightlifting an powerlifting, which I did to gain some strength for rowing.

Also, are there any common beginner errors that I should look out for? I had my first boat training yesterday, so I'm still a noob
>>
>>41303822
I used to do coastal crew rowing. (One oar each, with 4 people in boat) Fucked up my hip abductors and now I have a lazy left quad.
>>
>>41303822
I'm not a big fan of fraternities, but a rowing frat sounds based as fuck. Do it anon
>>
>>41304276
6 feet is pretty much the shortest you can be for a heavyweight rower(at least in my country) but people are doing it, besides depending on your pysique, being light or heavy also depends on your mindset, see what people you can get along with better, since social cohesion is probably one of the most important factors in rowing. Also your coaches will know if you're lightweight or heavyweight. Your weigth doesn't tell the whole story, i was 75 kg and 6'6" at the beginning of the year, now i'm 85 and the strongest rower in the boat besides enough people in the boat being 100+. On beginners errors, one of the most common mistakes is not generating enough power, always do your best, another error is thinking you know better, if you think something the coaches say is not true, ask about it instead of trying to do things your own way. Stay focused in the boat, besides your strength and endurance your focus will also improve, but like strength and endurance you have to actively train it
>>
>>41304290
Coastal rowing is the racewalking of rowing, normal rowing is a sport with very few injuries
>>
>>41303822
im 6'4 and row for UC davis ama
>>
>>41303822
Unless you roid, prepare to lose all your gains.
>>
>>41304614
Lmao no, this is objectively not true unless you do lightweight
>>
>>41304127
Celtic longboat
One design (Google it faggot)
>>
>>41304290
Fuck, is that why i feel a pain in my hip when rowing?
>>
>>41304641
Lmao yes, it is fundamentally an aerobic exercise.

Here is some anecdotal evidence: There was an anon on fit, called Isley, that competed at a Uni level in UK. Browse the archive, maybe you'll find some of his posts.

Larping faggot.
>>
>>41304577
>tfw unironically came in here expecting to read this
>>
>>41304577
Where do you guys practice? I also didn't know they had a team and I live there.
>>
File: Buchenwald_Corpses_60623.jpg (494KB, 745x531px) Image search: [Google]
Buchenwald_Corpses_60623.jpg
494KB, 745x531px
>>41305072

There was not an ANONYMOUS named Isley (Aka George Seeger). There IS a faggot trip who seeks attention
>>
>>41305049
Lmao coastal rowing, and you call actually fast boats that need skill twink. come back when you have an empacher 8+
>>41305072
No, here's some anecdotal evidence for you, i gained 10kg of muscle in 6 months of training 14 hours a day. Not my fault that faggots like you forget to eat
>competed at uni level in the uk
Wew, everyone who doesn't row in a bathtub for shits and giggles rows at university level
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.