[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The most important thing in training..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Herschel.jpg (100KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
Herschel.jpg
100KB, 500x342px
Is training to failure.

I know how RPE's and "staying one rep from failure" is the norm nowadays but the thing I've learned from the 6y of training and that is now helping me tremendously is that following programs is unecessary, and following cookie cutter programs is retarded.
Unless you're being coached on every training session, you have no business following strict programs.

I have seen tremendous athletes who literally did nothing but pushups to failure and sprints and pullups everyday and they looked absolutely jacked, miles better than the average person here even with the same training age.

I think it's something important that people usually forget, your body isn't a computer, you don't just unlock massive gains by doing the specific exact selection of movements for a precise exact number of sets and reps at a certain intensity range.

According to the latest literature training to failure regardless of load or resistance as long as it's 30% of 1rm at least(maybe even lower than that can cause similar gains as 90% RM but it was just not studied) will grant maximum gains.

People don't need gyms to look like bodybuilders, it's a fact. Gyms facilitate the training of certain muscles specially the ones in the legs but other than that you really don't need any sort of training program or equipment(except maybe a pullup bar).

Pic related, body built with pushups and pullups and sprints everyday, no lifting, at 50+ years old.
>>
Tremendous athletes use steroids so pushups are enough. Shithead. And shit post too, eat a dick
>>
>>41302353

t. gymcel
>>
what?? I agree with a lot of the stuff youre saying about lifting to failure and underlifting on programs is retarded but youre saying not only was herschel natty but he achieved his body with only pushups and pullups? jfc
>>
>>41302365

Can anyone here even explain how pushups and pullups aren't enough to build your body up?

Anything from EMG studies and brad schoenfeld latest analysis confirm that you really do not need any other excercises.

Now, on the topic of steroids, the guy was 6' and 100kg at his prime(decades ago), never going above that.
Competed in more than 3 seperate sports, never caught.

How do you explain this?
>>
Heres how you win this game of not knowing what is or isnt bullshit my friends. Only trust reproducable experiments from respected sources. Anything less is a gamble with unknown risk. Would you rather have a 50/50 of making $1 or losing $1 a day, or the same with $100, by the way if you go bankrupt the game stops. Same thing with life, less risk is better. So why does this matter
>Do pushups and pullups and sprints to failure so maybe you can look like Herschel who supposedly did this
High risk (losing all the gains), unknown gain, and it competes with tested true methods of getting fit
>>
>>41302433
If you could do progressive overload with push ups then sure.

But if no one is sitting on your back, your core and chest won't grow unless you add more weight after a certain point, nerd.
>>
>>41302433
Just pushups and pullups dont hit all the muscle groups in your upper body if you added dips and some other body weight exercises then I agree you can get into great shape. That being said, after a certain point you would need to add resistance if you want to grow or do such an obscene number of pushups or pullups that it just becomes way more efficient to go to the gym, its pretty basic logic thats widely accepted.

It's like saying why do you need cars? Human beings can just walk anywhere, wherever your destination is you can eventually walk over there so why even bother driving? Because it's just way more fucking efficient.
>>
>>41302353
What kind of faggot gets offended by fitness advice?
>>
This thread is garbage and op is not very bright
>>
>>41302524

>If you could do progressive overload with push ups then sure.

If you do more reps you are progressing. If you do them rest pause and you keep doing more and more reps with the same rest times you are progressing, your body doesn't know what weight you are lifting on an excercise it only knows mechanical tension, metabolic stress and muscle damage/fatigue.

>But if no one is sitting on your back, your core and chest won't grow unless you add more weight after a certain point, nerd.

why?

>>41302610

why?
>>41302476

That's perfectly understandable, this is a long term thing and people don't wanna risk their gains for something that isn't conventional or not considered optimal, I get that.
>>
>>41302531

With myo reps or rest pause you can get this type of training done quickly, or by just doing harder variations of pushups or pullups.

Regardless, even if you do something like 50 rep sets to failure, you are still reaching muscular failure.
And if you do rest pause, you can rest like 10 seconds after the first set, and do mini sets of 10 or so reps to failure each time, basically simulating heavier resistance.

This type of training isn't something a single person did, it's actually something a lot of athletes do.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2012/04/16/herschel-walker-and-bodyweight-beast-building/
>>
>>41302326
Okay, you know the drill OP. Post body with timestamp and said studies, and prepare to get btfo
Also >>41302531 and >>41302476.
>>
Post your shit body anon let's see if you practice what you preach faggot
>>
Op are you ashamed of your body? Too poor for a camera? Post current body
>>
>>41302725

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25853914

The primary take-home points from the study are as follows:
• Gains in muscle mass are about the same regardless of repetition range provided training is carried out to muscle failure
• Maximal strength requires the use of heavy loading
• Muscle endurance is best obtained from the use of light loads
>>
>>41302693
Did you even read your own article? Firstly they say Herschel was a genetic oddity, then they say he did 1500 pushups and 3500 situps a day, holy fuck that's inefficient, guess thats why you ignored the whole second half of my post. Secondly the workout they post on there incorporates literally at least 50 different body weight exercises besides pushups and pullups. There were squats planks lunges jumps ab workouts the list goes on.. Honestly OP confirmed DYEL faggot.
>>
OP where's your body pic?

you are fit right?
>>
>>41303082
OP is an actual retard who's never lifted in his life and is trying to convince himself he doesn't need to go to the gym to get big, its okay OP do your pushups and pullups at home sure youll be ripped in no time :^)
>>
>>41302326
this has to be troll. if not a 14 year old.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.