[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many times a week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: batman_ben_affleck.jpg (129KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
batman_ben_affleck.jpg
129KB, 1200x800px
The guy who wrote my routine says one should rest for a day between each workout, but I really want to do it every day. Anyone here work out every day with no repercussions?
>>
Do a six day split. Keep active on your rest day, I rock climb.
>>
>>41302075
So 6 days strength, one day light?
>>
Either do a split or have some kind of activity you do in the off days like swimming or martial arts
>>
>>41302113
you can't just take a routine designed for 3.5 days a week and make it 6 days. you will handle it for maybe a short time but burn out and fatigue. if you want a 6 day routine, look for one that already exists. and resting is important so a 6 day routine will compensate by doing less each day (splitting the muscles up)

can you post more of what your current routine is?
>>
>>41301972

Then you need to do some sort of split routine as opposed to a full body program.
>>
>>41302271
Full body. So it looks like I'll have rest days after all.
>>
>>41301972
I skip rest days pretty often.
I also do cardio every day.
I'm cutting though, so I can't make gains anyway. Will probably start doing 1 rest day a week when I start bulking again.
Taking a rest day when/if I notice signs of overtraining.
I feel really good though, except being hungry all the time.
>>
>>41301972
There are no repercussions, it's just that you don't take full advantage of your sessions.

But 0.8 x 6 is still better than 1.0 x 3. So the "always include rest days" is more of a consideration for someone who has little time and MUST use this time in the most effective manner.
>>
>>41302664
Do Cardio days felt under training days? I always do Cardio on rest days because I don't have the time to lift and do Cardio on the same day.
>>
Yeah, but I'm also on gear
>>
>>41301972
Perhaps you should set aside some time to research how muscles work. Basically, the rest period is when the muscle tissue repairs and grows to accommodate the damage and weight done by working out.
During my cut I workout only three days a week, during bulk it's 5 days a week.
>>
>>41303258
But how long do the muscles need? I'm sure 48 hrs is too long. When we were hunter-gatherers we needed to exercise strenuously every day
>>
>>41301972
If you're a beginner you can easily go full weeks lifting with no repercussions. Babby weights hardly tax your CNS

For someone with a 3+pl8 squat or a 4+pl8 diddylift working out every day is asking not only for a plateau but for a one-way ticket to snab city.
>>
>>41303596
That's because they had been active every day from the moment they could walk so they were adapted to frequent activity. If you're in an industrialized country, you more than likely are nowhere near as active as they were, so you need time to let your body adapt to such frequency. The ancient hunter-gatherers were also not pushing their 5-rep max on a deadlift every day, so that's also a moot point.

To become fully optimal again for strength training, the average time is going to be around 36-48 hours. That's enough time for the muscles to become damaged (workout), inflamed (within a day of working out) and repaired (overnight during sleep) enough to function at near full working capacity for adequate strength training.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.