[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any intermediate program that doesn't neglect the overhead press?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Any intermediate program that doesn't neglect the overhead press?
>>
>>41300572
All of them? What Intermediate program doesn't include it?
>>
>>41300582
>Include =/= neglect.
I'm talking about OHP as a main lift, not as accessory to bench press.
>>
interchange them. on the push of push/pull/legs, or the upper of upper/lower, interchange between heavy bench (e.g. 5x5) + light OHP (3x8-12) and heavy OHP and light bench. same goes for the pulls, heavier chins and lighter rows on the press etc.
>>
>>41300572
5/3/1 treats it as a main lift

any of greg nuckols bench templates can be used for overhead pressing

andy baker HLM include OHP on light day
>>
>>41300572
5/3/1
juggernaut
>>
if you want to skyrocket your OHP do it everyday
>>
>>41300572
im on 5/3/1 and it does, but the lift is really just standing full inclined bench press
>>
If you want a big overhead press, you're going to have to sacrifice your bench a bit. I've focused heavily on my OHP and can hit 2pl8 for a single, but my bench is 2.5pl8 and some change at most.

Unless you're not a genetic dead end, of course. But if you are, like me, you've got to pick one over the other.
>>
>>41300856
when I do an OHP it's nothing like an inclined bench press. I think I'm doing it right, and that you are snapping your shit up, but I could be wrong so I'll explain it

>from the start position I drive up
>I skim past my nose to keep the bar as close to center as possible
>throw my head forward to get under the bar as soon as I can so the weight is in centerline. This helps my shoulders get in line instead of behind the bar like at the start. This feels comfortable and secure to me but is scary since the bar is directly over my skull and to the back a little.

Getting the bar over the skull (i use the que of "throwing my head forward as soon as it passes the nose") helps me use the traps to drive upward instead of using upper pecs and delts exclusively and arching my back.
>>
>>41300877
you arent a genetic dead end anon
2pl8 ohp is impressive as fuck and I guarantee you that everyone in the gym is miring when you do it
>>
>>41300877
Please explain how OHP stops your bench muskles from adapting?
>>
>>41300572
5/3/1? I'm doing it currently and I dedicate one day a week to each lift. So OHP gets just as much work as squats, dead, and bench
>>
>>41300877
2pl8 ohp is pretty awesome senpai, that's more than most gym goers can squat
>>
>>41301161
it doesnt, the thing is you would bench more obviously if you only did bench
>>
>>41301161
it doesn't, but anytime you are overhead pressing you could have been bench pressing

so in that way OHP is a bench volume gains goblin
>>
Texas Method has you interchange bench and OHP 1x and 2x a week
>>
>>41300572
just press heavy 1x week and do volume for the other 2 days with press variations like z-press, pin press, etc.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.