[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob lifter tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (4KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 224x224px
So I started going to the gym 2 weeks. At the moment my schedule looks like this:

Monday: Back / Biceps + cooper test
Tuesday: Chest / Shoulder / Tricep
Wednesday: cooper test + Legs
Thursday: Back / Biceps
Friday: Chest / Shoulder / Tricep + cooper test

Weekend is for resting.

I eat about 5 times a day, with a total consumption of about 2500kcal - 50% protein, 30% fats (good kind), 20% complex carbs

My aim is to be ripped, so to gain muscle and lose a little bit of fat at the same time.

Is this routine good?

I'm a noob, but to me it feels good for the moment, I don't feel overly tired on thursdays and fridays.

Any tips are welcome
>>
>>41300333

OP here, In addition I do abbs on monday / wednesday / friday

179cm
74kg
Body fat, no idea, probably around 15%
>>
>>41300333

a fullhouse on the digs and not a soul in sight, plz guys i want opinions on this!
>>
As much as I hate being that guy - read the sticky and take a look at SS.
>>
Don't pee facing the wind
>>
>>41300333

Looks good.
>>
>>41300333
SetxRep?
>>
shit i just bought a gyme card and I háve no idea what to do when i get there.

any quick tips regarding how to behave when in there?
>>
>>41300333
it's shit. if you're a zyzzbro, go for ULULUxx with your second or third upper body day being a BB focused day for lagging body parts. row before you bench, and squat before you pull.
>>41302021
>walk in
>go to receptionist desk
>get checked in, say hello to clerk and ask how they are doing
>after your card is handed back, go to locker room
>find empty locker, store things inside
>fill water bottle if empty
>go to where you're doing your first exercise
>>
>>41302062
cool, seems fairly straight forward.
any big "no no's" that noobs do during their first month of gym?
what are things that are frowned upon basically.
>>
>>41302093
the biggest no-no i can think of are pretty basic, like respecting people's personal space, not taking photos of people, not being too loud, and maintaining good hygiene.
some things you'd be judged for, albeit not very harshly, would be grunting or bringing a gallon jug of water. bring a regular water bottle or shaker cup, and avoid unnecessary grunting, and you'll be fine. honestly, the only things i see lifters complain about new lifters are either the intrusiveness ("what's your routine, bro?" "how big are your 'ceps?") or unwillingness to accept help. 95% of lifters won't ever approach you to give advice unless you're super close to injuring yourself and they're THAT worried about your health, so i'd highly recommend trying to fully take in advice or knowledge when you can. similarly, guys dislike when noobs try to lift way more than you can, or refusing to ask for a spot when failure is a definite possibility. honestly, for noobs going a bit light is better to avoid judgement because guys automatically think "oh, he's working form or doing explosive reps. i'm sure he can do more" if you're benching 95lbs or something for sets of 5 with relative ease. in summation
>be kind
>be hygienic
>learn when given the opportunity
>don't be a bitch by pussing out and not pushing yourself, or by trying to impress people right off the bat
above all else, we respect determination and self improvement. if you're coming in consistently and making progress, no matter how much bigger or stronger they are, you'll earn respect from every man there.
>>
>>41302202
i really appreciate your post, very good info in it.
cheers a thousand, mate!
>>
>>41302202
>not educating him about the manlet pit
It's like you want to kill him
>>
>>41302305
m-manlet pit?
>>
>>41302248
Put your weights back when you're done too. Don't bench 95 then walk away from the loaded bar to do something else. Unload it before you leave

Other than that the other guy said everything
>>
>>41302305
YOU IDIOT HE'S SUPPOSED TO LEARN THAT DURING HELL WEEK
>>
File: 1487200817544.jpg (5KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1487200817544.jpg
5KB, 200x189px
>>41302305
>>41302328
WHATS THE MANLET PIT ?
>>
>>41300348
>179 cm
no matter what you do you must learn that you're gonna be a manlet for yhe rest of your life
>>
>>41302062

so its shit? got any recommendations on whats better?
>>
>>41302876
any routine that has you hitting upper body 2-3x a week and lower body 2-3x a week, with your pressing volume being slightly less than or equal to your rowing volume. SL5x5, ICF5x5, SS, or one of the many upper/lower or push/pull routines
>>
>>41302367
The pit where we store our manlets
>>
>>41301609

3-4 sets 8-10 reps / some of them super or drop
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.