[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1490741285089.jpg (436KB, 2200x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1490741285089.jpg
436KB, 2200x3300px
>On a business trip with a fat colleague
> We are at a 5 star hotel and the buffet is amazing at breakfast
> He fills his plate with Bacon, pancakes, muffins
> Jokingly estimate his caloric intake at about 2000 calories (not far from the truth)
> He tells me calories are a myth
> He tells me scientists estimate calories by burning food and then measuring the energy that is created
> However, our bodies are not furnaces or incinerators
> He keeps stuffing his face with bacon

I know his reasoning is dumb but what can i reply to this ? How do we actually measure the calories in food ?
>>
>>41297292
Here is an interesting video that talks about it https://youtu.be/HGunZpKLb5o
>>
>>41297316
you have to go back
>>
>>41297292
Ask him why he's fat.
>>
>>41297292
am I the only one that wishes that shoop was real?
>>
>>41297316
Damn! I lived in NYC for a summer without a kitchen and ate those sandwiches all the time. Guess that's part of why I lost 5 lbs in 3 months at "1300" calories a day.
>>
>>41297292
Simply tell him that while our bodies are not incerators, the numerical value assigned in the lab does have bearing on how many calories will actually be consumed in the body and through trial and error we have arrived at various numbers compatible with maintaining, losing, or gain weight for the average person.
>>
>>41297292
I think it's really funny that I can't even tell which pics of her are shooped and which aren't. Is this one? If it is, it's a great job. Can't even tell.
>>
>>41297292
>How do we actually measure the calories in food ?

If only this thing exactly like Google existed so you could just google the questions you have hmm, what a great world that would be
>>
>>41297834
The name of the mental convincing (not gymnastics because muh mental knees), "fat logic", is ironic. It's not logical at all. It's all rationalizing to avoid the truth (actively or passively).

Trying to reason with someone who isn't ready to be reasonable... you'd have an easier time doing Sysiphus' fate
>>
>>41297292
It's still an oxidative reaction. It's a little different in that we do it slower but it's pretty much the same. We use carbohydrates to fuel oxidative reactions that help us to produce atp and a few other molecules.
>>
>>41297747
is it a shop? what's the original?
>>
>>41297292
Just say ok and don't reply. You won't get anything out of arguing with him. No reason to prove anything
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.