[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Start Crossfit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Me and a friend started working out a few weeks ago.

We started with powerlifting, and I was feeling good about the gains, but my friend then does a 180 and starts doing CrossFit exercises.

I'm not really sure if I should stick to our original plan, or do CrossFit with him, I always heard CrossFit was a waste of time
>>
If theres even a 1% chance youll quit exercise without ur friend do crossfit

It may be stupid but it is sooo much better than nothing
>>
File: 1493770389152.png (23KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1493770389152.png
23KB, 370x370px
>>41295264
Kys for considering this satanist activity
>>
>>41295264
crossfit done right is, fun and extremely athletic
>>
I'm switching from powerlifting to a hybrid oly lifting mix.

Not crossfit but you get my point.
>>
>>41296181
>fun
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>41295264
image is an cringey as a skeleton that says
>warning, my opinion may offend your ass
>>
>>41296235
Oly lifting is more interesting than powerlifting desu. But not retarded as crossfit.
>>
>>41295264
It's pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIPQd8mKlHE
>>
>>41297177

>posting a roiding cunt

>>41295264

Op do whatever you want, just know crossfit breaks all the rules about progressive overload in exchange for "fun" and " new" exercises done for time/cardio each time you workout, in other words it's shit.
>>
>>41295264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNvXZ7p7Z8E

since i dont got the webm
>>
>>41295264
welcome to snapistan nerd
>>
>>41295264
>Should I Start Crossfit?
>Me and a friend started working out a few weeks ago.
The answer is no.

My gym owner doesn't let anyone near crossfit unless they've already had a strength base prior

Crossfit is like Strongmen for normal men.
You cannot do strongmen if you can't even rep out a bodyweight OHP.

You cannot do crossfit you can't even clean and jerk your own bodyweight.

It's simple as that - you need to be able to do the movements with actual weight and you can't do that if it's heavy for you.
>>
>>41295264
Crossfit is great if you dont want a program thats invidualized, not viable to anyone else but beginners as different levels need different stimulus, and is not planned for progress.

The fact is that you would get better gains and better results as a crossfitter if you simply had a program that had a part that focuses on strangth progress and one on stamina. Instead of throwing dices and do all kinds of random shit, which in the end only hinders good progress.
>>
It's a fucking cult nigga
>>
>>41295264
The hell is a wod
>>
>>41297956
Workout of the day.
Everyday the crossfit HQ post the workout of the day. Its completely random, and its probably decided by a chart and a pair of dices.
>>
why are crossfitters so fucking jacked/ripped
>>
>>41297999
>why are crossfitters so fucking jacked/ripped

THe vast majority of them arent. Go to any crossfit gym and you will find mostly skinny people.
Even the bros in regulare gyms are bigger then the vast majority of crossfitters.
>>
>>41297999
the ones that are dont do the set classes or if they do they also do extra training.

All the jacked crossfitters that i know either do crossfit + strength training or write their own WODs and actually know wtf they're doing.

If youre just going to do the class WODs youre not going to go very far if physique is your aim
>>
>>41297999
The reason the women are so jacked is because they roid
>>
>>41297999
Because crossfit isn't just metcons or the workouts that 99% of people think it is. Crossfit is oly lifting, power lifting, strength training, running, sprinting, mobility work and countless other things.
>>
>>41297773
>OP do whatever you want just don't do crossfit lol
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.