[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are cheat meals/days a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: chet.jpg (49KB, 620x397px) Image search: [Google]
chet.jpg
49KB, 620x397px
My gym buddies and pretty much everyone I know who works out advocates for cheat meals/days. They claim that it prevents your metabolism from slowing down during a cut, which to be sounds like total broscience. I've had a look around and I can't find any actual science/studies backing up. Is cheat days a meme?
>>
It's a meme. Only positive effect is that it's enjoyable.

Stop thinking about diet as a set of rules you impose on yourself to deny yourself joy, it's unhealthy.
>>
Don't have cheat meals because of the bioscience, personally I think they're helpful because if I want to sustain being healthy long term, I don't want to cut out certain good tasting food for the rest of my life (ice cream and pasta is gold), and I find I give into cravings less if I have a certain slot to indulge in them without feeling guilty.
Never go overboard and waste a weeks worth of progress though, eat max a meal or a couple hundred more calories than normal (ie like 500)

However, some people are better off quitting cold turkey because they want more after a day, so just see what works for you op
>>
>>41291243
I had a cheat day today and feel like shit. I've had no problems with food cravings and have been dieting at 1.8k per day until roidbro told me "bruh have a cheat day and eat 3k today, good for metabolism bruh". Never again
>>
>>41290901
It makes you not want to kill yourself because of how bland food tastes
1 every 2 week is what i go for (but coca cola is my kriptonite)
>>
>>41291279

same. sometimes on cheat days i feel like i should be having more but it turns out im only having like 300-400 calories at the most since i learned how to portion right and im not craving huge amounts of junkfood like before.

sorry for blogposting but an example was today. it's my birthday tomorrow so i had a handful of chips and it was so salty to me. i used to be able to have half a bag in a day but now im much more controlled and can get satisfied with less.

cheat meals or snacks i think are a good way to reward yourself and indulge without hindering your progress. if you dont want to eat a whole cake though don't.

sometimes i work in cheat meals into my td but it's still cheating bc it's fatty food and greasy
>>
cheat days are only if you want them. it's understandable, but it slows you down.
>>
Cheat days have an actual purpose. If you eat clean for too long your stomach will have issues digesting certain types of food.
>>
>>41291699
[citation needed]

this is the definition of broscience
>>
>>41291717
It's not tho. That's where lactose intolerance comes from. Go long enough without dairy and your body will start to reject it. It's why there's a higher incidence of LI amongst East Asians.
>>
>>41291717
No it's not you idiot. It's common fucking sense. Ask any competitive bodybuilder about how their body handles extremely fatty or greasy foods. Spoiler: Diarrhea, farting, upset stomach

If you had a basic understanding of anatomy or physiology you'd know about a little thing called gut flora and how a diverse diet (or lack of) affects the diversity of your gut microorganisms.
>>
File: 4i1kOcoj.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
4i1kOcoj.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
If you're so weak that you need a cheat day, you're not gonna make it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.