[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are speed deadlifts a meme? How do I program them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: didly.jpg (89KB, 666x443px) Image search: [Google]
didly.jpg
89KB, 666x443px
Are speed deadlifts a meme? How do I program them?
>>
If you do them properly, they can have some good benefits. Here's a decent link showing some of the benefits of using them in your workout routine: https://ericcressey.com/5-how-to-deadlift-technique-strength-training-programs

I think generally you won't want to have them as a regular part of your routine to replace deadlift - rather something that you do for a several-month stint to help improve your deadlift as a whole before you switch back to standard. You're definitely going to want to be extra-careful about your form, because even at a lighter weight, doing deadlifts with bad form at high speed is a great way to fuck yourself up
>>
>>41285159
>exercise easiest to injure self with
>do it "speed" way

what could go wrong
>>
Normal deadlifts are a meme, so this is a super meme.

lmaoing @ people doing heavy deadlifts when they never pick heavy shit up irl or powerlift
>>
>>41285159
I prefer to do my deadlift reps over a longer period of time. 2 minutes going up, 2 minutes going down.

I stronger than any person you've met
>>
>>41285197
I'm pretty sure this is bait, but fuck it.

Even if you're just lifting for aesthetics, Deadlift is one of the best all-rounder and back exercises you can get. You're right in that it's not as useful for people who aren't lifting for functional strength or competition lifting, but it's still a great lift and has a place in any workout routine.
>>
>tfw just got pulled over by gym staff for doing speed deadlifts
thanks faggot
>>
>>41285213
>Great lift
>Until you inevitably snap your shit up

Way too much bodily stress and risk for any of the benefits. If you are not powerlifting they should never be done with any significant weight.
>>
>>41285232
Well yeah, I mean if you're doing with bad enough form that you're risking seriously injuring yourself every time you do it, then it's bad. When I'm talking about the lift itself objectively, I'm doing it under the assumption that the person doing the lift has good form and isn't about to fuck their shit up. I don't argue that you don't need to push it too hard though. The back gains are great but there's probably a point where you don't really need to put yourself at a greater risk if you've achieved your goal aesthetically.
>>
>>41285265
You can have pin point perfect form and still snap from not working your abs or glutes enough.
>>
>>41285195
>easiest to injure self with
maybe if you were an autist (you probably are)
>>
>>41285217
>Attending Planet Jewness
That's your problem, bro.
>>
>>41285643
It's objectively the most common exercise where people injure themselves you stupid faggot. You need great form just to not snap yourself or badly strain a muscle from moderate weight.

It's undeniably a risky lift.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.