[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sprinting/Running as Part of Training Regimen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: sprinting.jpg (50KB, 448x640px) Image search: [Google]
sprinting.jpg
50KB, 448x640px
So how many of you are concerned with increasing athletic/sport specific performance?
Do you incorporate sprints/shuttle sprints/ladder runs into your weekly plan?
If not, why don't you want to be a real athlete?
>>
I do sprints and shuttles 2x a week
>>
How often can I train sprints without taking away from advanced strength training?
>>
>>41278418
Do:
Sprints -
20 yards (5 sets)

Ladder Sprints -
1 x 30 yards
1 x 40 yards
1 x 50 yards
1 x 60 yards

Shuttle runs -
6 sets

Frequency:
1x a week, between heavy workouts
>>
>>41278418
Before running, warm up with
High Knees
Buttkickers
Walking Lunges
Shuffle
Carioca drill
Backwards running
Buildups
>>
2 times a week sprints, generally shorter workouts, I go to a highschool and borrow their track

4x 100m and the other day 10x 60 meter

Anymore and I lose too much intensity, but I have been getting better so it may be time to ramp it up a bit
>>
Usually do 10 sprints at 30-50 yards atleast twice a week. Often times do some sets of plyos afterwards or a few sets of front squats or OHP. I love that sprints can give you a kickass workout alone and only take about 15minutes with a decent warmup included.
>>
I want to fuck that ass until my penis goes numb... i need to burn a few extra calories
>>
>>41278335
Running is for loosers
>>
>>41278418
Lol what makes you think youre doing advanced training
>>
>>41279673
you must have very weak legs

baby legged insecure egoist
>>
>>41279693
Running hurts gains, not really part of my fitness goals. Idk I don't play sports or anything so what's the point in running for me? Squats make your legs big enough.
>>
Well, I failed my firefighter ability test because I literally do no cardio so there's that

So unfortunately I learned the hard way that cardio is important
>>
Hill sprints twice a week, easy jog once or twice depending on what else I have going on. Recovery gains are amazing.
>>
>>41279791
That sucks man. Are you going to train cardio and try again?
>>
>>41279791
You better not give up, faggot. Ill hunt you down if you do
>>
>>41279910
>>41280358

Yeah, I definitely plan on training on my cardio and trying again, plus now I know what I'm up against
>>
>>41279686

This is an Advanced Strength Training board, didn't you read the sticky?
>>
File: 1493987691909.jpg (365KB, 2400x1799px) Image search: [Google]
1493987691909.jpg
365KB, 2400x1799px
>>41279766
>r-runners will never m-make it
>>
>>41278335
She's going to get bug bites
>>
>>41280702
sprinters=/= running, running is endurance, endurance = no gains.
>>
>>41278335
Doing sprints 1x/wk right now, probably going to bump it up to 2x and have one long cardio session per week
>>
>>41278335
dat overpronation
2/10 would not bang
>>
>>41279693
running is a terrible excercise to get gains , we were litteraly made for running long distances
>>
I don't have anything against people who don't incorporate running into their workout regimen, weightlifting is a hobby for a lot of people and there's nothing wrong with that. Why do something you don't enjoy?

Personally I incorporate a lot of running/sprinting/hills into my workout because I like to be a well rounded athlete. Got hill sprints today, nothing like that feeling of being completely winded halfway through a hill but pushing through it anyway. You get that burn in your lungs and you can almost taste the lactic acid in the back of your throat...shit gets me hard
>>
>>41278335
Why is she running in tall grass? Could be all sorts of critters in there like snakes. There's not a park with low/cut grass on which she can run barefoot?

I would have to get closer inspection of her frame to check some stuff out if you catch my drift.
>>
>>41281558
Agreed. And look at that angle of the horizon. Something is definitely off.
>>
if you don't do MMA you are a loser
>>
>>41282051
But I'm not supposed to box due to a broken wrist. I really want to. I will do BJJ instead.
>>
File: 1459641990133.gif (2MB, 282x285px) Image search: [Google]
1459641990133.gif
2MB, 282x285px
>>41278335
she's sticking her ass out while running like a fucking moron i hate this picture, can't even look at it as attractive because nobody fucking runs like that...
>>
are 60/120s for 20mins every 2nd day good enough to improve endurance? i jog on off days too
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.