[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can someone do Starting Strength if there's no consensus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ikuta_anan_01_02.jpg (380KB, 595x820px) Image search: [Google]
ikuta_anan_01_02.jpg
380KB, 595x820px
How can someone do Starting Strength if there's no consensus about it? I'm a beginner on those things, and I'm almost giving up it.

Ignore dat pic related.
>>
Physical education is one of the most inaccurate things. Everyone has a different response on anything.

That's really annoying.
>>
The consensus is that it will give you fat legs and no upper body, if you want that go for it
>>
>>41275272
t. Fat body and no muscle
>>
>>41275272
Cool. Waiting that someone replies you saying the opposite.
>>
>>41275272
so what should a noob do?
im a girl that wants a lower body heavy routine

not op
>>
>>41275288
Don't you ever FUCKING reply to my posts again. I'm sick of ou fat SS retards talking near me, wheezing, smelling of sweat and extra chromosomes. Try lifting for once, faggot
>>
>>41275298
do ss then lmao are you fucking stupid or what?
>>
>>41275298
Lose weight. Full stop.
>>
"How can anyone do anything if someone else didn't tell them to do it"

Your body is your own along with your life. Take it by the balls for fucks sake, test, record results and compare like your forefathers did with everything in life.
>>
>>41275298
Do only leg routines and cardio.
>>
>>41275374
dont want to lose time, anon
>>
I'm amazed at how complicated every beginner makes lifting out to be. It's not fucking hard. Lift weights and eat food and you'll get bigger. What muscles you use is up to you and eventually they'll adapt to the change.

Read Practical Programming for Strength Training and Starting Strength and you too can know this.
>>
>>41275425
>SS
kek don't fall for this meme
>>
>>41275449

I didn't say follow the program. I said read the book. There's a difference.
>>
How does the modified SS in the sticky seem? Sorry can't link right now, but in includes dips, pullups, daily weighted sit ups and hyperextensions
>>
>>41275249

I think there's a lot of misconceptions about the purpose of Starting Strength, especially considering the fact that THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM LITERALLY TELLS YOU EXACTLY WHAT IT'S FOR:

1. STARTING: as in, beginner, novice, basic. If you've never lifted before, this is as good a place as any to start. As you become more advanced, even the author of Starting Strength recommends moving up to an intermediate level program such as Texas Method.

2. STRENGTH: This is a STRENGTH program, first and foremost. It doesn't have a lot of accessory work aimed at building asthetics. Its purpose is to build the most overall STRENGTH in the fewest total number of exercises as possible. As a novice, you won't have the endurance to do a dozen different accessory exercises. You want to get in, do a few major compound barbell movements, and get out.
>>
>>41275298
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>41275419
Good thing you're using your time reading posts by retarded faggots instead of wasting it actually lifting something.
>>
>>41276824
you too ;_:
what a pity, eh?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.