[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give up the weights, anon. Become a patrician.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: l'eroica.jpg (290KB, 1500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
l'eroica.jpg
290KB, 1500x1050px
reminder that lifting weights for its own sake is the lowest tier of physical activity
>>
I love skinny guys, who goes on and on and on, about their running, biking and so on - they always go quiet as the grave, when the topic switches to physical strength, or a physical task is at hand.

They know at that point, that all their efforts have been in vain, and no matter how fast they do a half marathon, it will never be considered manly or a testament to their characther.

A real man can move his own body around, without losing the ability to make a major impact on his surroundings; which means that he can run, jog or walk without reaching exhaustion, but noone cares if he can go on and on and on.
>>
>>41272866
>it will never be considered manly or a testament to their characther

https://youtu.be/RK6zf1otyFU?t=106
>>
The ubberman can do everything different people say is the best exercising, not just one of them. Limiting to one is for plebs that do for wrong reasons.
>>
dat Bianchi

weights and cycling is God tier exercise plan.
>>
Calisthenics + Cycling is where its at dude.
>>
Literally every guy that says they do cycling or jogging and says they are better than weights is a stupid weak cowardly bitch.
Always remember that.
>>
>>41272826

The everyman has no reason to imitate a professional athlete in his training regime. Do you not think retired cyclists ever put on weight or start lifting? Retired lifters never pick up a cardio hobby as they finally have the chance to be light? Do you intend to compete in either? If not...

Swimmers, cyclists, fighters, gymnasts, we admire each for their perseverance and talent. But to pick one and think it makes you a member of some elite group that has it all figured out ...
>>
I had 1 bad run in with a cyclist 1 time and loathed it ever since
>>
File: you.jpg (256KB, 1286x720px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
256KB, 1286x720px
>>41273567
>>
I don't have a car and bike to uni daily. Also work bike delivery at Jimmy Johns.

I really can't tell if I'm getting stronger/faster on the bike after a year. But when at the gym I have a clear observation of how much stronger I am getting (heavier weights, needing lest rest per set)
>>
>>41275343
you could create segments to time trial

or, if your gym has a Wattbike, you could test your power over different intervals (e.g. 20 minute power)

or, if not, you could buy a power meter for your bike and do the same on the road—they're getting cheaper by the year (e.g. http://road.cc/content/tech-news/221643-avio-powersense-power-meter-launch-%C2%A3250)
>>
>>41272826
>bike has more than one gear

Absolute fucking pleb.
>>
>>41273533
>Not calisthenics and trail running
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.