[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you guys stay consistent? what are some tips for self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1492894733415.gif (2MB, 320x223px) Image search: [Google]
1492894733415.gif
2MB, 320x223px
how do you guys stay consistent? what are some tips for self discipline? i find myself going ham in the gym and keeping up eating for a couple weeks straight, and then suddenly everything fades away and i'm barely hitting my calories for the day. i was doing great all of April up until the end, now I feel like a fucking loser. tips, /fit/?
>>
Read superhuman by habit, then put it to use
>>
Most 4channers probably played grindy games like MMOs and the habit is just automatic to us at this point.

Also, most of us don't really take things 100% serious all the time. The whole clean eat straight edge whatever stuff is just a rite of way.

I like to tell people to lift for 5 years first before considering a diet if I see that they've never had any kind of fitness in their life.
>>
Do a routine/lifts that you actually enjoy.

I got sick and tired and bored of full-body or upper/lower with only squats/deads/bench/press many years ago. I would have quit if i kept on doing that. Now-days I don't even do any of those main barbell lifts anymore, and I do a bodypart split. It's kept me /fit/ as fuck and I still lift 5 days a week.

Honestly don't know how people keep doing killing themselves week in week out squatting/deadlifting just to gain a measly 5-20lbs on their lifts every year (after the easy gains are over)
>>
>>41272457

>Honestly don't know how people keep doing killing themselves ...

Cause its fun to rep 2x peoples max for sets of 10
>>
>>41272490
I use to have that same mindset until I realised the normies I was making admire me OHPing their squat didn't actually give 2 shits. Normies like that have many other things going on their lives outside of the gym, this is why they don't give a shit about being 1000% autistically optimal in the gym, the effort/reward ratio is completely fucked.

You honestly think all those normies in your gym go home and think about you squatting 405 for 5? They literally go home and fuck their wife/gf/fb while you go home and post on 4chan bragging about your strength, then you cry yourself to sleep when you remember you have nothing else going on in your life.
>>
>>41272509

Calm down buddy, sorry your dreams have been shit on or something?
>>
>>41272509
>lifting to impress people
I do it because it's hard and builds discipline which helps me stop chickening out of things that are uncomfortable (like you obviously do).
>>
>>41271924
Not taking it too seriously helped me a lot. Just make training a part of your day, not a chore
>>
>>41272574
>>41272903

Why does 4chan always assume things about me and 99% of the time it ends up being extremely accurate?

I feel like I'm way too easy to read.
>>
>>41271924
i dont believe in motivation, will power, or discipline.

i lift because i enjoy it. i eat properly because i want to have the greatest return on my investment(optimal muscle with little fat).

i eat relatively the same things every day with small room for flexibility. i eat cheeseburgers a few days a week if i get off work late, as long as im eating relatively decent then i dont mind getting fast food as long as its something like a mcdouble.

maybe you dont want it bad enough.

you just do it, you dont question it. dont look for motivation. dont look for "force" and effort to get you there.

just fucking do it man. its not that hard. im laid back as fuck and get lots of shit done consistently.
>>
>>41273122
This. For me lifting weights is like brushing teath. Mostly I'm high as fuck on weed too.
>>
>>41271924
try time restricted eating OP, i was struggling to find motivation to eat and work out, then started doing an 8 hour eating period and now im glad to eat anything i can get my hands on, then getting ripped made me feel like i was finally making progress, i may not be building as much muscle as i could be on a different diet, but this is sustainable for me.
>>
>>41273122
>doesn't believe in discipline
>goes on to literally describe discipline
>>
>>41273079
Because you allow yourself to be easily generalized.
>>
>>41272457
>Do a routine/lifts that you actually enjoy
So fucking much this. Back when I was a novice and doing some retarded premade routine I was always dreading to go lifting, nowadays I am looking forward to it because I customized my routine to what I want to build and what I want to do

>Mfw most of my routine consists of pullups, ohp, dips and rows and heavy rack pulls
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.