[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intermediate program idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1347317912743.jpg (37KB, 375x516px) Image search: [Google]
1347317912743.jpg
37KB, 375x516px
Looking for feedback on this. Am I going to make it?

Goals: Aesthetics. Get out of T-Rex mode by focusing on upper body. Want to focus on shoulders, traps, forearms, back.

ABxCDxx

A: Push Intensity
>Overhead Press
>Bench Press
>Squat

B: Pull Volume
>Pullup
>Bent over Row
>Shrug
>Rear delt raises (aka reverse flys)
>Forearm Curls/Grip work

C: Push Volume
>Overhead Press
>Bench Press
>French Press
>Lateral Raises
>Front Raises

D: Pull Intensity
>Pullup
>Bent Over Row
>Romanian Deadlift

Intensity days are higher weight 5x5, focusing on progressively lifting more weight. Volume days are medium weight, generally 3x8-12, looking to squeeze AMRAP on last set. On two of three off days, some core/pilate/yoga/cardio type exercises.
>>
File: sarina.jpg (124KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
sarina.jpg
124KB, 720x960px
>need something to get /fit/ interested in my thread
>>
>>41266532
your setup makes little sense to me

you call them intensity days but have 5x5, which is not intensity, that's still volume just in a heavier rep range

you also have overhead press before bench press, which I think is a terrible idea if you want to get a bigger upper body

you will train your delts at the expense of all the rest of your pressing muscles with this setup
>>
There are constantly routine threads up, please use them.
>>
>>41266659
i wish she would top more
>>
>>41266659
Sauce, need more than Sarina
>>
>>41267691
Wouldn't it be more dangerous to lift weights over your head after you've fatigued yourself with bench press?

Also, doesn't OHP stress the body much more, therefore causing more growth?

And last question, wouldn't it be better to be stronger on OHP?
>>
>>41267734
She has almost no penis left due to her hormone levels. It's turning itself into a vagina.
>>
>>41267786
yea i know it sucks. i wanna see her destroy boi pucci

>>41267762
valentina
>>
>>41267776
You seem real thick and fucking stupid. Have a look for a routine with loads of upvotes you pathetic little fagit. You have no idea what you're doing.
>>
>>41266532
If your goal is just hypertrophy why even bother with doing 5x5s? Why not just do sets of 12 on the first pair of push/pull days and sets of 10 on the second pair with different exercises? Then after 4 weeks (or however long you want to run the bloc), you can shift the rep ranges down to 10/8, then 8/6, and back up to the 12/10 for as long as you need to do specific hypertrophy work.
>>
>>41267859
Am I going to die?

Seriously, it makes no sense to me why people would squat and bench, and THEN lift heavy weights over their head, potentially hurting themselves. Also it makes no sense to wear out your triceps doing bench and then doing OHP, when you're going to need those triceps to help your delts perform the vertical exercise.

Vertical exercises are more taxing and more dangerous. I need a better reason to see it your way than just "that's how everybody else does them, idiot".
>>
>>41266532
senpai just go and try it. it looks ok, i wouldnt use but thats me.
>>
>>41267898
Yeah, I think that's better.

I'm at the point where I'm trying to get out of SL, but it's comfy, like 5x5 has numerological mystical powers that are limiting me.
>>
>>41267937
5x5s have their role, but if your focus is hypertrophy they're not the most appropriate tool in the box. You can still progress the loads on the 12s and 10s by increasing loads each week (assuming you start at an appropriate load), or you can do it by adding sets each week.
>>
>>41266532
>trying to do intensity on both BP and OHP on the same day
lmaoing at your life
just do intensity in one and volume on the other for each of your push days if you really want to do PPL instead of a superior upper lower split
>>
>>41267898
How many sets would you do of OP's exercises?
>>
>>41268217
Start with 3 sets on each exercise and see how you tolerate it/recover from it. Add more sets as necessary in order to progress or as you work capacity improves. Seems like the most methodical approach to me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.